San Francisco Negotiating with Rodgers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Francisco Negotiating with Rodgers

Boomer said:
Because they know that there are other teams that want to move ahead of them to get a falling QB but that the further up you go if you are the other teams, the price gets higher. The Bears would happily shift down because they know they coulod probably get a back or a WR laster in the 0-10 area and get extra picks.

I guess you gave up tring to make KevinRI think you have a brilliant vocabulary!:roflmao: :roflmao:

coulod???? :wink:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I guess you gave up tring to make KevinRI think you have a brilliant vocabulary!:roflmao: :roflmao:

coulod???? :wink:

I need to keep TRING harder huh!!

:D

Waterboy said:
Lets have a spelling contest!
don't include feeley, fiedler and saban... I have never seen such variations as I do around here sometimes.

Feely, Fielder and Saben get a lot of mention, but I aint got a clue who they are :D

Boomer said:
Because they know that there are other teams that want to move ahead of them to get a falling QB but that the further up you go if you are the other teams, the price gets higher. The Bears would happily shift down because they know they coulod probably get a back or a WR laster in the 0-10 area and get extra picks.

So in other words, this is more of a situation where the Bears would like to move down with the Bucs, and not the oppositte. From the Bucs perspective however, moving up one spot will not be enough with both Miami and Celeveland picking ahead of them and both in need of a franchise QB. MY point is, with the second and third picks and a NEED for a QB, CLEV and Miami have much more leverage than is being let on in your post IMO.

Surferosa said:
So in other words, this is more of a situation where the Bears would like to move down with the Bucs, and not the oppositte. From the Bucs perspective however, moving up one spot will not be enough with both Miami and Celeveland picking ahead of them and both in need of a franchise QB. MY point is, with the second and third picks and a NEED for a QB, CLEV and Miami have much more leverage than is being let on in your post IMO.

But if Smith goes one, the assumption is that Miami and Cleveland will pass on Rodgers. Both Miami and Cleveland would like a sweet trade down pot, but of you are at 9, the trade pot is a lot bigger getting to two than it is at 5. Knowing then that 2+3 +4 don't want a QB and trying to secure the QB, Tampa may move up 1, essentially meaning that a team that wants to get from 9 to 4, would now have to go 9-3. Hard to explain without actually TELLING you face to face. Either that or we are just thick ;)

Surferosa said:

Yeah, I agree. I think Cleveland is looking long and hard at the QB situation in case one should fall to them. That would definitely be good for us, because if anyone else wants Smith or Rodgers (whomever SF doesn't take), then they will have to trade with us to get ahead of Cleveland.

Boomer said:
San Fran are negotiating with Rodgers as means to worry Alex Smith. Alex Smith is the 49ers guy. There is absolutely no doubt. The logic is that the Niners will attempt to create the false appearance that Rodgers is their guy to gain leverage in negotiations with Smith. Mike Nolan prefers Rodgers, but the rest of the scouting department and the D of PP and the GM all prefer Alex Smith.

This means that Miami will NOT take a QB as they have Smith much higher than Rodgers. They would desperately like to trade the pick - Saban would like to come away with 2 firsts and wants to add a TB and a David Pollack type. He is also very keen on Thomas Davis who the team apparently calls almost daily. But the trade partner is the big question. The Redskins have emerged as a possible to get Rodgers, as have the Lions, but it seems unlikely that we will fall that far so as to miss out on one of the top 3 backs. The Skins also have the hots for Troy Williamson and so may move up ahead of the Vikings but but not as high as us. That deal could go down with Tennessee who could still almost certainly get Antrell Rolle, the guy they covet, at that spot, or possibly Alex Barron.

The team wanting to get into the Rodgers derby is Tampa. They will do any deal with Chicago because the Bears want either Benson or Williams and if we take Benson at 2, then they get Williams at 4. If we take Williamsd at 2, they get their man Benson at 4. But whatever happens, Cleveland isn't taking a back and Tampa aren't taking Benson, so Chicago flip flops, Tampa moves up and makes any deal that the Skins, Lions or Cardinals might come up with even sweeter and more difficult. Tampa has 2 3's, so a flip flop to give the Bears back the 3 they lost in the Ogunleye trade makes sense.

I would strongly suggest that the top 5, without trades will be

1 - Smith - 49ers
2 - Benson - Miami
3 - Edwards - Cleveland
4 - Williams C - Chicago
5 - Rodgers - Tampa.

This info comes courtesy of a couple of places.

What you don't seem to get Boomer is that Nolan gets the final call.

Nolan likes Rodgers.

Oh, and there is no GM in San Francisco Boomer, your sources seem to be suspect.

They are negotiating with all three to use all three against each other...their first choice is Rodgers, if they can't get a deal done with him they will shift to Smith, and then on to Edwards.

Ira Miller, the well known beat writer for the Niners has said all his sources are telling him its Rodgers, I heard him on ESPN radio.

So Boomer, I have to give him more credibility than you...........heres an article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/04/10/SPG44C4JFJ35.DTL

Personally, if the 49ers do take Smith, which I don't feel is likely, I think Miami will and should jump all over Rodgers. He has a strogner arm, better pocket presence and a poise beyond his years. Also, I would be shocked if Miami chose Cedric Benson over Ronnie Brown.

I have plenty of doubts that San Fran will take Smith.

BlueFin said:
What you don't seem to get Boomer is that Nolan gets the final call.

Nolan likes Rodgers.

They are negotiating with all three to use all three against each other...their first choice is Rodgers, if they can't get a deal done with him they will shift to Smith, and then on to Edwards.

Ira Miller, the well known beat writer for the Niners has said all his sources are telling him its Rodgers, I heard him on ESPN radio.

So Boomer, I have to give him more credibility than you...........heres an article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/04/10/SPG44C4JFJ35.DTL

Sorry mate but the GM gets the final call.

They are playing Smith against Rodgers for purposes of lowering Rodgers price, but, Rodgers will be there guy. He is the better prospect. Smith is "potential". Rodgers is the real deal.

I have no sources, but from watching the game tape I have, the pick will be Aaron Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom