sanchez named starter | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

Um, Leon washington did more to lead that drive than sanchez did... dont kid yourself. sanchez looked like crap in that game, albeit it was the Ravens.. Had it been a regualr season game, it would have gotten nasty for the rookie
Show me a rookie that would look good going against a elite defense this early in the season when normally you are playing defenses that are showing you basic looks, the Ravens showed some different looks and were attacking a bit. It was more of a regular season game than any other preseason game he could of got in, and again its this early in the season. Hes going to get better. He needs reps with the starters more which he will get now that he was named starter. He had a nice pass to Brad Smith that was taken away for a penalty.

sanchez had one good play that whole game and as CK said in a different thread he wasnt even in the pocket on that TD pass. he needs to become better at avoiding the rush and reading defenses. he looked lost on the field. you cant tell me he looked good take away the TD pass which was a obvious cover mismatch which won't happen come regular season and he had an awful game. you can say he's a rookie and all that ok but he's not showing signs of improvement which you should be seeing some of the time. 50% completion percentage is awful

Off topic, but you know, I wish the Brett Favre bashing could be put to rest already. He's a Top 5 QB of ALL TIME, arguably the top. Has a ton of records and has played a lot of games consecutively. Yes, he has the interception record as well, but hey, had Marino stayed nearly as healthy as Favre in his career, he would have had the record first as his average clearly shows he was on pace for it. If Brett Favre can still throw and take a hit (as he shown playing 16 games for 16-17 straight seasons), why not come back and bank in another 12 mill? He's still better than anything the Vikings have and better than some of the other starting QB's in this league.

I would never count any division rival out especially the Jets.

SIck running game and good defense make them scary.

that being said - i feel like the jets are always trying to catch up to big brother Giants and yankees. Always going for that media big name stuff.

i think sanchez truely shows great potential. But i think clemmens is certainly the better QB right now. I think Rex ryan babies sanchez too. why not let him run the 2 min drill??? i think Ryan and Sanchez are media darlings and will lead the jets to more dissappointment. they may or may not split/sweep/or be swept by the phins. but either way i think the way their going is not the most beneficial to them. They might turn out at best to be the dolphins of the early 00s - great d, ok run game but just not puttin it together from the inside out. Start clemmons let sanchez learn, be touch, come out swingin next year ....the jets wont tho. this is evidenced by favre last year as much as sanchez this year.

NYjunc is one of the coolest and most knowledgable jets fans i know.

around here tho, alotta the jets fans i speak to, its superbowl kill miami and new england EVERY Yearrrrr, with some new guy or some new coach or some new scheme or whatever.

week 8 last season they were already watching the steelers and routing against them to see who would get homefield advantage, and screaming in my face that the jets were afc east champs. i dont have a big mouth at all and kept my mouth shut b/c i dont overestimate nething....and look how it turned out.

your very laughable, it was the other way around miami was a fluke farve heave to the endzone away from sweeping the Jets

That "fluke" play wouldn't have been needed if you didn't get lucky that our K got hurt and in the 2nd game if not for a fluke INT for a TD the game at least goes to OT.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:The same Brett Favre that was supposed to take the Jests to the SB??? Or minus 1 play we would have swept you with brett Favre.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He was? We were supposed to go from 4-12 to the Super Bowl? i guess I didn't get the memo.

LOLOL

As long as Sanchez is starting you don't have a chance.

We'll see, I've been hearing for 10+ years how Miami was going to beat up the Jets and since 1998 we are 17-5 against you.

Off topic, but you know, I wish the Brett Favre bashing could be put to rest already. He's a Top 5 QB of ALL TIME, arguably the top. Has a ton of records and has played a lot of games consecutively. Yes, he has the interception record as well, but hey, had Marino stayed nearly as healthy as Favre in his career, he would have had the record first as his average clearly shows he was on pace for it. If Brett Favre can still throw and take a hit (as he shown playing 16 games for 16-17 straight seasons), why not come back and bank in another 12 mill? He's still better than anything the Vikings have and better than some of the other starting QB's in this league.

He's not top 5, not even close.

Um, Leon washington did more to lead that drive than sanchez did... dont kid yourself. sanchez looked like crap in that game, albeit it was the Ravens.. Had it been a regualr season game, it would have gotten nasty for the rookie

Leon was great but we had leon w/ Chad Pennington 2 years ago and we stunk.

had it been a rgeular season game we would have been running much more and would have had a much different gameplan for the rookie.

im very tempted to quote CK on this you should check out what he said in the jets thread on the dolphins main forum. he basically says sanchez was outplayed by clemons and put in a worst position. the team did everything they could to make sanchez look like the better QB

Please post the link. I didn't go to TC but by all reports Sanchez was better and in the 2 preseason games I have watched Sanchez has been better.

Of course they wanted Sanchez to win the job but he was still better than Clemens.

It was a pass interference penalty.. Had the pass interference not happened, it most liekly would have been a pick, it definitaly would have been incomplete. The reciever was covered and it was a bad decision to throw the ball on sanchez part

How do you know it would have been a pick? They didn't even show the replay. I assume Smith pushed off but sanchez threw a laser beam to him on the move. He made a great decision and pass.

What else would the Jets Fo be doing trading draft picks for a 38 yr old QB, sign him to a 2 yr deal and cut pennington? If you don't think you are making a Sb run, why the hell do you do it???

That "fluke" play wouldn't have been needed if you didn't get lucky that our K got hurt and in the 2nd game if not for a fluke INT for a TD the game at least goes to OT.

spin it how you want we should have swept you, but early in the season we werent gelling yet and as mentioned Chad almost brought us back and had you gotten a FG then we win the game with a FG and never throw that INT in the endzone intended for ginn who misplayed the ball. so spin it that way and we still win lol. a FG for you puts you up 2 then a FG for us puts us up by 1 for the win, ha!

I think Sanchez and their meathead rookie HC stacks it a little more in our favor.. but as we proved against the Ravens in 07, there ain't nothing close to a sure thing in the NFL!

Can you do me a favor and not associate the Jets with my state in your sig please? That upsets me greatly. It's a great sig, but I'm serious- Can you please change it? They are the NY Jets, and they suck balls. Thanks.

What else would the Jets Fo be doing trading draft picks for a 38 yr old QB, sign him to a 2 yr deal and cut pennington? If you don't think you are making a Sb run, why the hell do you do it???

Brady was still healthy at the time. had we brought in Marino in his prime NE still would have been better w/ Brady. After Brady got hurt that opened things up and obviously at 8-3 people started to talk SB but he wasn't acquired for a SB run. He was acuired b/c we made other great moves and the team didn't want to see another season watsed b/c Chad got hurt. If Chad was durable that trade is never made(and we may have had a SB this decade prior to 2008).

well players improve as they become vets it happens, washington has been featured alot more now because he has improved as a player. so dont imply that leon is a better player because of sanchez of because chad is not the QB anymore. chad seems to be using ronnie and cobbs very well as recievers out of the back field

No Brett Favre interception is a fluke. lol

Brady was still healthy at the time. had we brought in Marino in his prime NE still would have been better w/ Brady. After Brady got hurt that opened things up and obviously at 8-3 people started to talk SB but he wasn't acquired for a SB run. He was acuired b/c we made other great moves and the team didn't want to see another season watsed b/c Chad got hurt. If Chad was durable that trade is never made(and we may have had a SB this decade prior to 2008).

So you're saying they traded for Favre bc they made some other moves and didn't want to waste the season because Penny might get hurt???

Favre was a 1 yr player, 2 at best....any way you try to spin it, it makes no sense....

Back
Top Bottom