Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson?

phinfreak06

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Both Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson r possible picks by the the dolphins. Personally id be very happy with either of them. Ive got 2 give the slight edge to Jackson because of what he did at the combine. Who do u all think would be the better pick 4 the phins.

i'd give the edge to holmes for what he has done on the field. jackson's combine stats were impressive, but holmes is a more finished product, IMO.

Holmes

phinfreak06 said:
Both Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson r possible picks by the the dolphins. Personally id be very happy with either of them. Ive got 2 give the slight edge to Jackson because of what he did at the combine. Who do u all think would be the better pick 4 the phins.

I am going to say Holmes because of the system Jackson played in and the question of him translating great speed to functional use on the field (averaged around 10 yards a catch at Florida).

Lee2000

id say Chad Jackson, he big and fast, and this belongs in the draft forum

Santonio Holmes. He is the better wide receiver. He plays faster. He plays tougher. He plays with better body control. He blocks extremely well.
If I had to pick one of the two it would be Holmes in a heart beat.

Holmes in a landslide. The guy has been incredibly productive and has great combine stats in terms of speed. Jackson, on the other hand, has not had a great college career. He's jumped from being a 2nd/3rd round prospect to being a high first on the strength of ONE 40 YARD TIME! To me that's just completely nuts, and you take a big risk of a bust if you pick him up high. Maybe it's just because I think the combine is INCREDIBLY overhyped, as if a single workout can really give you a more accurate depiction of a player's skills, athleticism and value than their entire college career.

Put it this way: the combine measures athleticism (in a flawed kind of way). We aren't just looking for athletes, we want football players. It may be that Jackson is a more impressive athlete than Holmes, but I think we can all agree that athelticism isn't enough in the NFL (otherwise every super-hyped combine workout warrior would be a superstar). But Holmes is simply a better football player, so he gets my vote.

SeahawkFinFan said:
. It may be that Jackson is a more impressive athlete than Holmes, but I think we can all agree that athelticism isn't enough in the NFL (otherwise every super-hyped combine workout warrior would be a superstar)

good point, if this were the case a guy like Tyrone Calico would be a top flight WR. Does any one know Santonio's most current 40 time?

Congratulations!

You've created the 100th thread on this exact topic!!!!

J/k, I'd be very happy with either one.

come on holmes!!!..I don't know about jackson and hope he's taking before hlomes....would make my day if we got him on draft day!

Back
Top Bottom