Saquon Barkley - The Next Ladainian Tomlinson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saquon Barkley - The Next Ladainian Tomlinson

I can critique any player. I would like to see Barkley run a little harder between the tackles, but outside of that there isn't much to critique in his game. IMO Barkley is the real deal at RB. Comparisons to Tomlinson are no far fetched.
I think you mean criticize.

Unless he plays defense, why the hell would we want a RB with our 1st pick?

On the contrary, I have been predicting all along that he will indeed slide and we will draft him.

I hate this idea.

He is nowhere near the star some of you think he is.

He will be Ronnie Brown part 2.

Yes, he can do it all, but he isn't bound for the HOF like you some of you think. That guy is Vita Vea, and I'm afraid the Dolphins will be drafting the wrong player as usual this spring.

There's so much ignorance in this post it's amazing. Just shows anyone can post on a message board but no one will ever take you seriously from now on. "He can do it all but he's Ronnie Brown 2." Just so dumb.

We have Drake who is excellent at what he does. Frank Gore is here to get us those short yards when needed. He'll be tough around the goal line. Pick a RB on day 3 or day 2 late. If Mark Walton from the U of Miami is there in round 3, 4 area you have to take a hard look.

We have bigger fish to fry in this draft. The first thing we need to find out is if any of the top 4 QBs will drop to #11. If not, we have to focus on defense and get the B.P.A. could be Fitz, Veh, Edmunds, James, Nelson, Smith etc. It's almost guaranteed that one of those 6 players will be there at #11 for Miami. I think Edmunds will be gone so the pick should come down to Veh or Smith unless one of the true premium blue chippers fall, someone like Chubbs, we've seen a lot of crazy stuff on draft day.

There's so much ignorance in this post it's amazing. Just shows anyone can post on a message board but no one will ever take you seriously from now on. "He can do it all but he's Ronnie Brown 2." Just so dumb.
If your going to call someone out and personally attack, it'd be nice to know why you disagree. Your post didn't really add any value to the conversation.

It would be a wasted pick. Our O line needs to prove their worth before making them block for a top talent. If our O line still sucks (For whatever reason) then he will never be all he is capable of.

I'll say it again, yes he is a great player and would add a dynamic player to the Phins if they drafted him, but we have bigger needs than at RB.

If he falls they should draft him but not trade up for him, deep RB draft class.

On the contrary, I have been predicting all along that he will indeed slide and we will draft him.

I hate this idea.

He is nowhere near the star some of you think he is.

He will be Ronnie Brown part 2.

Yes, he can do it all, but he isn't bound for the HOF like you some of you think. That guy is Vita Vea, and I'm afraid the Dolphins will be drafting the wrong player as usual this spring.
Is this sarcasm? I hope it is. If not, it's without a down the most absurd draft related comment of all time. Any draft. Beats any comments anyone made guaranteeing a HOF career for Ryan Leaf. Barkley overrated, but Vea bound for the HOF. Shoot me now.

I do not support trading up for Barkley or any other RB but let's get real here. He's the real deal. Probably the cleanest prospect in this entire draft along with Nelson. Vea is on the same level as 3-4 players at his position, and is not a stand out prospect at all. You can argue that Payne, Hurst, or Tavern are at his level if not better.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when someone reaches for Vea. Unless it's us. In that case I'll cry.

Last edited:
If your going to call someone out and personally attack, it'd be nice to know why you disagree. Your post didn't really add any value to the conversation.

To say on one hand that "he can do it all" and then in the next sentence says "he's Ronnie Brown2." Huh? You don't see the stupidity there? First off, he's nothing like Ronnie Brown, or any current NFL player for that matter. Second, we have lots of other needs, but by some miracle if he were to drop we would have to consider taking the best playmaker in the draft, or at least grab some major picks in a trade. At the combine he showed what he is--the best player in the draft and the closest thing to Barry Sanders I've seen in a long time. I've seen both Barry and him in person and they are both ridiculous playmakers--speed, vision, character, all of it. A lot of people who are posting he's not all that show their ignorance and will eat their words on this kid. I think he's definitely going #1 or #2, so it's just mental masturbation to think he's falling to 11. He isn't. Now is that contributing to the value of the conversation?

It would be a wasted pick. Our O line needs to prove their worth before making them block for a top talent. If our O line still sucks (For whatever reason) then he will never be all he is capable of.
It's NEVER a wasted pick to take the best player and playmaker in the draft. Yeah let's take a guard or a d-lineman instead. Unbelievable.

To say on one hand that "he can do it all" and then in the next sentence says "he's Ronnie Brown2." Huh? You don't see the stupidity there? First off, he's nothing like Ronnie Brown, or any current NFL player for that matter. Second, we have lots of other needs, but by some miracle if he were to drop we would have to consider taking the best playmaker in the draft, or at least grab some major picks in a trade. At the combine he showed what he is--the best player in the draft and the closest thing to Barry Sanders I've seen in a long time. I've seen both Barry and him in person and they are both ridiculous playmakers--speed, vision, character, all of it. A lot of people who are posting he's not all that show their ignorance and will eat their words on this kid. I think he's definitely going #1 or #2, so it's just mental masturbation to think he's falling to 11. He isn't. Now is that contributing to the value of the conversation?
Yes now it is as you have stated your points. Personally, I would never draft a running back in round 1 just due to how much the position has been devalued. The farthest I see Barkley dropping to is the Colts at 6 so the conversation really is a moot point.

I just get annoyed when people outright bash a post without reasoning being posted as well. It just derails a thread

It's NEVER a wasted pick to take the best player and playmaker in the draft. Yeah let's take a guard or a d-lineman instead. Unbelievable.

If you don't have the proper pieces in place for a player to succeed, it is a WASTED PICK. Dallas was able to take Elliott for one reason only, the investment in the previous years to beef up their top rated oline, a top WR, a dominant TE and a veteran QB.

But this is all moot, because he isn't falling and someone else will find his value superior to that of the man opening the holes for him.

I can critique any player. I would like to see Barkley run a little harder between the tackles, but outside of that there isn't much to critique in his game. IMO Barkley is the real deal at RB. Comparisons to Tomlinson are no far fetched.
My dream pick been beating this drum thinking of how he could slide past Tampa. Then goedert or gesecki in the 2nd and put up 40points a game. He actually has a very good yards after contact 3.6 I think so he doesn’t go down as easy as people think but ya his negative is looking for the big play to often. He Is a better prospect then zeke or gurly and will be very very good.

Back
Top Bottom