Saquon Barkley - The Next Ladainian Tomlinson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saquon Barkley - The Next Ladainian Tomlinson

It would be a wasted pick. Our O line needs to prove their worth before making them block for a top talent. If our O line still sucks (For whatever reason) then he will never be all he is capable of.
I disagree the kid takes your oline to the next level or beyond, penn states sucked 78 out of 120 or something. Almost bottom of the barrel at pass blocking but yet run blocking rated in the top half. Watch the tapes it was all Barkley. Their run blocking sucked. Also defines his only negative of looking for the big play every play. He had to. No one should be passing on this kid. Plus I think we did a damn good job of addressing the oline this offseason. I wouldn’t give 2 shits if they traded every pick this year 4 him. Worth it. I know it’s not reasonable but I’d be dam excited.

If Barkley falls to Miami (Doubt it) you take him and don't look back. There's something special about him but as others said this draft is deep at RB's.

If they want him they have to go up and get him. I think he could be sitting there at #5 when Denver is on the board. What if they offered James and picks?

They'd be morons.

It would be a wasted pick.

Gase, like Philbin, wants the short pass to mostly take the place of the run. This is why he wants RBs who can catch out of the backfield. This is why a slot WR under two different Head Coaches running a dink-and-dunk offense set a receiving record. Neither Philbin nor Gase desired an o-line that was capable of a smash-mouth ball-control running game to run out the clock when leading. The offensive philosophy of these Coaches has been to throw it short (or behind the line of scrimmage), and hope that the receiver (WR, TE, or RB) gains enough yards after the catch to get a first down. Their so-called running game has been a feeble attempt to keep the defense honest. When they did have success running the ball, it never lasted. Mike Sherman said in an interview that he wanted to keep running when it was working, but Philbin said no. Gase has admitted that he told his OC to remind him to run the ball because he'd rather throw it all of the time. IMO, using a high draft pick on a RB with this style of offense would be a complete waste. (Which is why I'm looking forward to the next Head Coach!)

Back
Top Bottom