Saturday draft thread. Rounds 4-7 | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saturday draft thread. Rounds 4-7

I love Mr. Irrelevant Vince Williams. Steelers draft well based on tape.

That was a horrible decision :bobdole:

The draft was pretty good, got some good players, but that decision was just awful. Davis would have been there 10 picks later.

Chad Bumphis, WR, Mississippi State – 5-11 200

Michael Clay, OLB, Oregon – 5-11 225

Kyle Martens, P, Rice – 6-5 225

Jordan Kovacs, DB, Michigan – 6-0 195

Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union – 5-10 185

Taylor Stockemer, WR, Arkansas State – 6-4 215

Eric Bergman, OL, Southern Illinois – 6-3 250

Chris Burnette, DT, Old Dominion – 6-3 285

Rob McCabe, MLB, Georgetown – 6-1 225

Alonzo Highsmith, OLB, Arkansas – 6-1 230

Emeka Onyenekwu, DE, LA-Lafayette – 6-3 250

Brandon Ogletree, OLB, BYU – 5-11 230

Clay Belton, QB, Findlay – 6-6 230

Cameron Marshall, RB, Arizona State – 5-11 215

Keelan Johnson, S, Arizona State – 6-0 210
A.J. Francis, DT, Maryland – 6-5 310

Last edited by a moderator:
By trading Bess and drafting Sturgis, Miami will save almost $3.5M, once Carpenter is released or traded. I can see why they did what they did, with a huge cap number in 2014 they did what they did to manage the cap moving forward. It's smart Money Management IMHO. The only questionable pick was the Will Davis pick. Although he's got alot to learn it seems Miami liked him enough to draft him. I like what the Stanford coach was saying about Johnathan Martin and his offseason work. I get the feeling Clabo or someone else is in play as a F/A signing after the draft ends. I think Dallas Thomas is going to be Miami's starting LG with Incognito moving to RG. He wasn't the sexiest pick, but again, I understand why they might have drafted him, he can definitely pull and is a better player at Guard than Tackle.

Not sure having a rookie and a 2nd yr guy on RT blind side, he might just ending up playing right guard and keeping Incognito on the left. Either way the line has more talent and hopefully Jerry is trimmed and in shape with some experience under him it will help, if all else fails he's a good back up.

Back
Top Bottom