Say it Ain't So!! Please no Cefalo!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say it Ain't So!! Please no Cefalo!!

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/12020142.htm

I dont mind Joe Rose doing the color. But if it's going to be Cefalo doing the play by play I will flood 790 The Tcket with emails and phone calls voicing my displeasure. The guy is BORRRING!! If not Boog then bring back Zimpfer.:fire:

Dolphins are making a HUGE mistake if they hire Cefalo. Listen to him on Saturdays on 790 (www.790theticket.com) and see how long you can stay awake!!:yell:

:yell: :fire:

I don't post much, but this issue is worth it. Cefalo is a major yawn. Boog has got to get the job. Him and Bucket Head would be awesome.

Hopefully this thread will get some response and we can send all the post to 790.

Why wait to see if Cefalo gets hired to voice your displeasure, instead of voicing your concern before they hire him?

Boog is young, has great passion and would be the perfect guy. Cefalo is the most boring ex-Dolphin player ever. The guy would only make "safe" statements and I actually never heard him do play by play. I agree that he will suck. Hire Boog!!

Vegas_Phin said:
Why wait to see if Cefalo gets hired to voice your displeasure, instead of voicing your concern before they hire him?
Because maybe if they know that a lot of people think he is boring, they wont hire him in the first place.

I think thats more likely to happen than them hiring him and hearing everyone complain then firing him....

Vegas_Phin said:

Point taken.

However I'm taking this source and article with a grain of salt. I just do not believe the Dolphins would make this mistake. To a LOT of Dolphins fans, the radio play by play is very very important. We listen while at the games and we listen when we're at home. I'm going to start voicing my concern really soon. I'm going to write a letter to the Dolphins and I'm sending an email to 790. I have heard Cefalo both on TV and on the radio. He's no Boog Sciambi or Bill Zimpfer or Howard David.

I think they should get the play by play guy first then with his input find the right color guy.

Given whats available and most probable. My top pickes for the play by play are Boog and Zimpfer. As far as color prying Griese away from ABC is a pipe dream. So that leaves Nat Moore and Juice. I'm not a huge fan of OJ's radio show, but think he would a good color guy. He knows the game and has a good radio voice as does Nat Moore.

Cefalo is the sportscasting equivalent of "Muzak". He sounds like he ought to be doing ads for a funeral home / cemetery.

Howard David was the worse. He is a Jet at heart and was just collecting paychecks. His wife wore Jets shirts to the games and he always picked against us when during pregame predictions. Classless, typical New York jerk who had no business being on the air with Mad Dog.

Dubfire said:
Given whats available and most probable. My top pickes for the play by play are Boog and Zimpfer. As far as color prying Griese away from ABC is a pipe dream. So that leaves Nat Moore and Juice. I'm not a huge fan of OJ's radio show, but think he would a good color guy. He knows the game and has a good radio voice as does Nat Moore.

Nat Moore is a bumbling idiot. That guy is about as horrible as they get on a telecast...have you ever seen a Fin's preseason game?? That team they roll out there with Moore, Griese, and some other guy is flat out dreadful.

I don't know if OJ can really do the color...I like his radio show, but I don't know if his style really lends itself to a Dolphin's radio broadcast.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sarni01jul01,0,742711.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

Mandich seems to think Cefalo's the guy for the job. But I gotta disagree.

Cefalo's a good guy. But he should stick with what he's doing now. He's more of a "host" IMO. Sciambi would bring youth, energy and a strong voice to the box. Plus he's already got plenty of experience doing play-by-play for the Marlins, along with his show on 790. I think it should be Boog, hands down. He'd do a great job IMO.

As for color......if we can't have Mandich, I'll take Joe Rose. I think he'll be straight-forward and honest. I think he'll do a good job. But it's imperative that he be paired up with a strong guy like Sciambi. I hope it turns out that way.

Finally, does anyone think Tony Segreto would have been better than either of these guys?? The Dolphins seem to think so.

it just breaks my heart to think of NOT being able to hear mad dog on sundays. if i can't have mad dog, it won't matter to me who is calling the games, i won't be listening anyway.

I remember watching Cefalo as a player....made some nice catches and run backs but I have never heard him as an announcer......the guy that grates me are Randy Cross who never says anything good about the Fins.

I gotta be honest. With DIRECTV and all of the games on TV and such, how many people actually listen to the radio broadcasts these days?

Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom