Say What, Scottie?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say What, Scottie?!?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
ny_split1x_576-1.jpg

As soon as Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen said that LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game, instead of Michael Jordan, who he called the greatest scorer, he created a national stir with fans and pundits analyzing his statement.

His Hall of Fame brethren are now joining the conversation, and the early results are showing that Pippen might be by himself in his claim.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar released a letter Tuesday saying he disagrees that James may be the greatest player of all time and Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time, while Isiah Thomas said the potential is there for James to match Jordan, but he's not sure that the Heat's superstar will pass Jordan.
"I have nothing but respect for you my friend as an athlete and knowledgeable basketball mind. But you are way off in your assessment of who is the greatest player of all time and the greatest scorer of all time," Abdul-Jabbar wrote on kareemabduljabbar.com. "Your comments are off because of your limited perspective."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6613625

:lol:

LeBron is the next Jordan.

Hes a better rebounder, better passer, about as good a defender, about as good a scorer. He just doesn't have the rings.

:lol:

LeBron is the next Jordan.

Hes a better rebounder, better passer, about as good a defender, about as good a scorer. He just doesn't have the rings.

Lebron is a better defender but he isn't as a good as a scorer yet. He's getting a hell of alot closer though. Damn does it feel good to see him in a Miami Heat jersey.

Lebron is not a better defender, Jordan was better all around. Lebron is bigger and has more natural talent but he has a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG way to go before he even is in the discussion along w/ Jordan.

I never did quite understand the need to have a best of all-time player discussion. What's the point? LBJ is a great player just like Jordan was. It should be left at that

I never did quite understand the need to have a best of all-time player discussion. What's the point? LBJ is a great player just like Jordan was. It should be left at that

What fun is that?

I think its debatable..If Lebron ends up getting more rings than Jordan then its a lock..But what about Wade? If Lebron and Wade stay together..Wade will always have one more ring.. But really Lebron is great, Jordan is better right now...But Lebron has the potiential to be better...Even tho Kobe has one less ring than Jordan he is not even close to him.

Not sure. I don't see how arguing over who's the better player is fun but if it tickles your pickle....:)

What fun are message boards if we all agree?

I think its debatable..If Lebron ends up getting more rings than Jordan then its a lock..But what about Wade? If Lebron and Wade stay together..Wade will always have one more ring.. But really Lebron is great, Jordan is better right now...But Lebron has the potiential to be better...Even tho Kobe has one less ring than Jordan he is not even close to him.

It's mroe than just rings, Jordan put his teams on his back, he didn't leave for a great situation. lebron needs to win 3-4 more rings(isn't happening) and be as dominant as Jordan was to stake a claim.

Kobe is the cloest thing we have had to Jordan and lebron has a ways to go to get to Kobe first. i think he'll pass Kobe but will not approach Michael.

How has Kareem managed to get even more bitter over the years?

I don't know how you compare the two or why you'd even bother. One was a scorer first and the other is primarily a facilitator. I'd think you'd look to Oscar or Magic for comparison rather than Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom