SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

When the president said something like that about their star QB, it tells me the situation is beyond salvage.

Grier, moves mountain if you have to, get us Rodgers. I want a ring before Alzheimers set in.

Period?

Dan we can go back and forth on this all day. You started this thread stating that the Dolphins would win the SB in 2 years if they trade for Rogers. Yet as I have pointed out previously in the thread, Rogers hasn’t been able to lead a more talented Packers team to the Super Bowl in over 10 years. So why you declare he will come to Miami and the Dolphins will win the SB in two years, you really have nothing to back up that claim. Yes Rogers is the better QB right now but that doesn’t ensure he can make them a better team than the Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Ravens, or the other teams which made the playoffs over the Dolphins last year. The Dolphins still have to drastically improve the OL and the running game before they are going to even make the playoffs, much less win a SB.

Obviously I would be happy to jump on your Rogers bandwagon if I knew for a fact he would lead the Dolphins to a SB win in 2 years. Yet I don’t see the Dolphins being a SB caliber team with or without Rogers in two years. I believe if they continue to build through the draft as they have been doing and Tua develops into the QB I believe he will, they can win more than one SB over the next decade, even if it takes a few more years to build that type of team .

I like you and I enjoy our discussions on here but I just don’t see us agreeing on trading for Rogers. Even though I do understand why you want it to happen. I guess the fact I was fortunate enough to be there for the Dolphin glory years allows me to be more patient with this rebuilt than Dolphin fans who have seen nothing but mediocrity for the majority of the past two plus decade.

I hope to see another Miami Dolphin team win a SB in the future and I would love to see Tua quarterbacking that team. Yet if he’s not, I will be happy to see the Dolphins win another SB, no matter who the QB might be.
Please do not take the title of the thread literally. In the body of the first post, I mentioned none of the guarantee a ring in two years. The title served the purpose of catching attention with a sprinkle of hyperbole.

So get back to the point, all know there is no guarantee a ring even if a young Marino play QB for us now.
Where I disagree with you is I believe all the units are at SB contention level or above average except the big question mark at QB position. We all know Rodger is a quick fix and not a long term solution. But go ask TB about hows that worked out for them. You have a few years on me, I just missed the glory years. My first game was Woodley. And I am running out of patient.
Give me 10 years of cap hell and 10 years of draft hell, I want Rodgers or Watson to give me a serious run at SB.

While I accept Rogers is a big upgrade over Tua at this time. I just don’t agree with you that all the units are at SB level right now.
The OL is still a huge question mark in my opinion. The unit was a below average unit last year and there is absolutely no way to know at this time if it will develop into a good offensive line. Perhaps it will but just like with Tua, they have to prove it on the field before you can consider them anything but below average.

The RB’s are okay but I certainly wouldn’t consider them to be a SB contending RB group.

The Dolphins DE line and LB’s are decent but based on how they played against the Bills in the last game of the 2020 season, they have a long way to go before they can play at the level of the best teams in the NFL.

Marino in his prime wouldn’t be able to get this present roster to the SB, IMO. I still think they are 3 years from being a SB caliber team whether Rogers, Watson, or Tua is the QB of the Dolphins.

Considering that Tua outplayed Herbert when the two teams played last year, the Chargers should obviously be looking to trade for Rogers. They have a good roster at this time and perhaps Rogers could lead them to the SB.
It has also been reported that Rogers wants to be traded to a west coast team. So being traded to the Chargers would give him exactly what he wants. Herbert can be his backup for the next 3-4 years.

As far as him being traded to the Bengals is concerned. They are still years away from the SB. So they might as well stick without Burrow instead of trading for Rogers. Also Rogers would probably just retire if he was forced to go and play for the Bengals.
PS this entire post is complete sarcasm, please don’t take it seriously.

Back
Top Bottom