SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

First you say you give whatever it takes, and then that we'd still have plenty of picks.

How much are you exactly envisioning he would cost us, and is there ANY price that would be too much for you?

I personally would love to have Rodgers. I just expect the actual price to be too high. So give me your hypothetical deal and I'll tell if I would do it.
I'm guessing you're looking at least 2 firsts, a couple mids and Tua. I think it will depend on Green Bay's need to get rid of him. At the end of the day, it will be less that Watson because of age and contract. The greater question is how much would you pay to be in the super bowl conversation? I've said time and again, everything is hypothetical. The cap makes it a struggle but for those that say it's a bad idea for the idea of giving draft capital, that's nuts.

It's a miracle he has a ring with the supporting cast of defense they've had? He won his only SB with the #2 defense in the NFL. He's also had the #7, #13, #12, #9, #13 defense. A lesser QB in Eli Manning won 2 SB's with a defense ranked #17 and a defense ranked 25th.

We had the 6th ranked defense last year that gave up 30+ points to every top 10 QB we faced. Don't think Rodgers would fair much better here.
Take a look at their performances against quality competition. I'm sorry, they have been terrible. As my father in law and son are huge packer fans and we're season ticket holders in Green Bay, I can tell you watching them in big games for years they have had more defensive letdowns than anyone I've watched. Almost inevitably, they have been a nightmare come playoff time. They are letdown central.

Eli's Giants defenses were loaded up front, and had the ability to completely neutralize QBs because they could rush 4, and completely carried him to two super bowls. They neutralized Brady, twice. No defense Rodgers had compared to that. Even when they won the super bowl, he played fantastic football to do it.

Again, this is here nor there because you and I will see the game differently no matter what. If you cannot see the greatness of Rodgers, I can't help you. You want Tua and I'm indifferent. I want the best chance to win now. Either is fine, but you cannot believe Rodgers doesn't make us better.

No, that's not how the league works, it's how a forum where there's not much else to talk about at the moment works.

I'm perfectly fine with Tua as our QB, I think he'll improve dramatically this year and will be cheering just as loudly as anyone else for him. But he's no Aaron Rodgers by any means.
Exactly, dudes cannot even hypothetically talk about it. It's hilarious. They must've invested in both the home and away jerseys of Tua.

That's not how the league works.

Tua is our qb. Deal with it.
So, just to be clear, in recent previous off seasons when hypothetically discussing how to possibly upgrade the QB position whether it be Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Moore, Lemon, Green, Harrington, Henne, Beck, Culpepper, Cutler, or Frerotte, your stance has consistently been “they are our QB, deal with it?”

So, just to be clear, in recent previous off seasons when hypothetically discussing how to possibly upgrade the QB position whether it be Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Moore, Lemon, Green, Harrington, Henne, Beck, Culpepper, Cutler, or Frerotte, your stance has consistently been “they are our QB, deal with it?”
Ignore function comes in handy my friend. I used it already.

I think there's a new type of TDS, it's Tua Derangement Syndrome. It's when a fan is so all in on Tua, that they can't bring themselves to think that any other QB in the NFL would make our team better than Tua will, and they find any reason they can to be critical of any other QB, even sure fire Hall of Famers coming off MVP seasons that are light years better than Tua is right now.
Stop pretending that it's as simple as that. No sh*t Rodgers is better than Tua right now. It's about way more than that. Miami would have to weigh how much they would be willing to sacrifice in assets to acquire a guy who is in the twilight of his career and who they don't even know how he would feel about playing in Miami. There is more than the talent you see with your eyes when it comes to Rodgers. He has an abrasive personality who notoriously has had problems with many different people and seems to check out when things don't go exactly his way. No one knows how he would fit in with this team and front office. It would be a big risk changing course right now for such a young team.
There's a type of ABTS. It's called anyone but Tua syndrome. It's when fans are desperate to replace Tua at all costs.

T U A is our guy and will be for at least the next 2 seasons so saddle up and get behind him no matter who is available. I suspect in 2 years you will loathe the thought of Watson or Rogers in his place but only time will tell.
Only thing I know for sure is Im pulling for the guy to succeed big time.

Stop pretending that it's as simple as that. No sh*t Rodgers is better than Tua right now. It's about way more than that. Miami would have to weigh how much they would be willing to sacrifice in assets to acquire a guy who is in the twilight of his career and who they don't even know how he would feel about playing in Miami. There is more than the talent you see with your eyes when it comes to Rodgers. He has an abrasive personality who notoriously has had problems with many different people and seems to check out when things don't go exactly his way. No one knows how he would fit in with this team and front office. It would be a big risk changing course right now for such a young team.
There's a type of ABTS. It's called anyone but Tua syndrome. It's when fans are desperate to replace Tua at all costs.
See, this is a perfect example of TDS, you find flaws in the best QB in the NFL and one of the top 5-10 QBs in NFL History, because you can't just bring yourself to say that RIGHT NOW, the Dolphins would be better with Rodgers than Tua. Speculating on this in the offseason does not equate to hating on Tua. This is Aaron freaking Rodgers. Did his personality stop the Packers from going to 5 NFC Championships and winning a Superbowl in which he was the MVP, did his personality stop him from winning the MVP last year? I 100% concede he hasn't played his best in NFC Championship games, but he wasn't responsible for a historic defensive collapse against Seattle, and he didn't fumble inside his own 10 against Tampa Bay.

I don’t think there’s many fans that would want to “replace Tua at all costs”. We’re all rooting for him. But when a player of Aaron Rodgers caliber potentially becomes available, you definitely kick the tires on what it would take to get him, don’t you think? As far as fit, personality, compensation, etc, the Dolphins FO would obviously do their due diligence on everything and make an offer they deemed fair if they felt Rodgers was the right move.

The last 2 great QBs that joined new teams were Manning and Brady, how’d their new teams do? I get that the circumstances are different, but the point is great a QB is a fit for ANY team.

This is just off season talk, it seems pretty clear to me that the Dolphins are all in on Tua. I don’t think Rodgers is even on our radar realistically.

Last edited:
T U A is our guy and will be for at least the next 2 seasons so saddle up and get behind him no matter who is available. I suspect in 2 years you will loathe the thought of Watson or Rogers in his place but only time will tell.
Only thing I know for sure is Im pulling for the guy to succeed big time.
Just curious, and obviously this is all hypothetical, but why does everyone assume Tua would even be part of a deal? The Packers drafted a QB they like in Jordan Love in the first round and I think they'd want to give him a few years to show what he can do. If we could keep Tua and let him sit behind Rodgers for 2-3 years like Rodgers did with Favre, would you be in favor of that scenario?

Back
Top Bottom