SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

It would be so Dolphinesque after trading Tua to watch him set the league on fire while Rodgers pulls a 1year Jets Favre while hosting Jeopardy and trying to finagle a way home to the West Coast
I mean, we are just talking fantasy here because it's completely unrealistic that the Dolphins would trade for Rodgers, but why would it be assumed that Tua would even be part of the trade?

Dude, you guys come across as such elitist snobs that think they own this forum. I'm a die hard Dolphins fan that was born and raised in Miami, and sat on my grandparents' lap in the Orange Bowl during every game of he 1972 perfect season.

I'm rooting for Tua as much as anyone else here. The only difference between you and me is that you are 100% certain Tua will be good, and I need to see it first to believe it. The fact that you and this other guy actually think that Tua shining is going to be a bad thing for me to accept perfectly explains why you guys also prefer him to Aaron freaking Rodgers.
For them, its binary thinking, either black or white. One or zero.
I want Tua to be a pro bowl QB, if we cannot get Watson or Rodgers. For them, because we want a sure thing instead of relying on 'hope', then we must want Tua to fail. And we are hating. Its so childish.

Excellent post.........
May be. However, I truly believe all the reasons we don't want Watson or Rodgers were initiated by don't want to touch Tua first.
First, don't want to touch Tua, then look for reasons to support the narrative.

For them, its binary thinking, either black or white. One or zero.
I want Tua to be a pro bowl QB, if we cannot get Watson or Rodgers. For them, because we want a sure thing instead of relying on 'hope', then we must want Tua to fail. And we are hating. Its so childish.
There are no "sure things" here. To say that is about as "black and white", binary thinking as it gets.

I really hate to do this, but you have earned the daily double....

meter.png

Last edited:
There are no "sure things" here. To say that is about as "black and white", binary thinking as it gets.

I really hate to do this, but youbhave earned the daily double....

View attachment 78359
Of cause there is a sure thing, as sure as Marino was an elite QB, as sure as Brady is an elite QB. Rodgers will be sure an elite QB.
So what the hell were you talking about?
Picture reply.....not even funny.

May be. However, I truly believe all the reasons we don't want Watson or Rodgers were initiated by don't want to touch Tua first.
Some may come from that starting point, no doubt.

Most of the regulars here are pretty consistent, whether I agree or not, in their overall philosophy.

Consistent enough to be taken at 'face value", rather than some conspiratorial hidden agenda.

Paranoia will destroy ya...........Kinks

Of cause there is a sure thing, as sure as Marino was ab elite QB, as sure as Brady is an elite QB. Rodgers will be sure an elite QB.
So what the hell were you talking about?
Picture reply.....not even funny.
A sure thing that getting any individual QB assures a championship? No such thing.

Give me a break and stop moving the goal posts with double talk.

The very thread title says SB in two years. That is NOT a sure thing.

I like you as a poster (most of the time), but you are all over the place with what appears to be merely a propensity to argue.

Wouldn’t take Rodgers over Tua?? The level of dumb on this site by so many is truly incredible.

Dude, you guys come across as such elitist snobs that think they own this forum. I'm a die hard Dolphins fan that was born and raised in Miami, and sat on my grandparents' lap in the Orange Bowl during every game of he 1972 perfect season.

I'm rooting for Tua as much as anyone else here. The only difference between you and me is that you are 100% certain Tua will be good, and I need to see it first to believe it. The fact that you and this other guy actually think that Tua shining is going to be a bad thing for me to accept perfectly explains why you guys also prefer him to Aaron freaking Rodgers.

Call every one dumb for disagreeing with you and then call them elitist snobs?

19243326.jpg

Call every one dumb for disagreeing with you and then call them elitist snobs?

19243326.jpg
There were a few things that happened in between those 2 things. And I didn't call everyone dumb, I called preferring present day Tua over Aaron Rodgers dumb, which might be harsh in retrospect, but it still doesn't make sense to me. Do you have anything productive to add to that discussion, or did you just want to call me out ? (which is fine).

This team has one proven above average starter on offense and doesn’t have a single pass rusher who’s ever started a full NFL season. The idea that they’re a QB away from a Super Bowl next year is delusional, especially once you need to create $30 million in cap space to fit Rodgers.

The answer isn’t giving up a trove of assets and a massive cap hit for a 37 year old quarterback.

You didn't. But by your logic about Super Bowl wins, you'd be against acquiring a Marino coming off an MVP season in favor of Tua because Marino had zero SB wins? After all, you are critical of trading for Rodgers because he only has 1 instead of the GOAT's 7, which no one should even draw comparison to.
Just goes to show, securing a single player doesn't make a SB. We had Marino all those years and failed to field a complete team around him and what do we have to show for it? Wasted franchise QB. You'd have to cut some of the roster, where do you see us being deep enough that we have expendable players as a trade-off? Just curious...

Has nothing to do with not wanting to touch Tua in my case, I don't consider him untouchable. I just don't
think it's prudent to bring in a 37-year-old QB when the rest of our team isn't in the position to compete for a SB yet. Give me Mahomes and I drop Tua in a hot second.

Just goes to show, securing a single player doesn't make a SB. We had Marino all those years and failed to field a complete team around him and what do we have to show for it? Wasted franchise QB. You'd have to cut some of the roster, where do you see us being deep enough that we have expendable players as a trade-off? Just curious...
Not sure, Rodgers is only showing a salary of $14 million this year and I don't know if he'd be willing to restructure with a new team. I can tell you this with 100% certainty based on history, a team is more likely to go to a SB with an elite QB and a lesser team surrounding him than an elite team with a lesser QB. Look at the last 20 years SB QBs and tell me I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom