SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

Because he chokes in big games.
First off, I'm not really interested in Rodgers. Not at 37 anyway. But I think the narrative that he chokes in big games is untrue.

Look at the NFC Championship last year. Rodgers clearly outplayed Brady, who had three interceptions, but was bailed out by the defense. The difference in that game? Start with GB being outcoached. TB also had more talent on defense and at wide receiver.

Rodgers, like Marino, has more than often had to play the superman role for his team to win. That's hard to do in the playoffs against better teams.

I have asked before I will ask again.

Make it work.

Who we trading, how we freeing up cap space?

It's not just go get Rodgers.

What will the team look like when we get him?

That will determine if it's worth it.
No one knows
However, when a player like Rodgers let the world known he wants out, the bargaining power of the club diminished. We also in good situation in terms of draft capital and cap space relative to other teams. It is not how much GB ask for. It is what we can offer relatively to other teams.

Some posters (same ones over and over) need to understand we have our qb. If we are destined to win a SB it's with him.

That is reasonable enough but the answer shouldn't just be no. If the asking price is ridiculous we pass

The price will not be reasonable. Let's be reasonable.

But if it is, we should definitely pull the trigger. What if it is for next year's 1st, and the next year's 2 firsts. That is a great deal for the reigning MVP. Plus we keep Tua and let him learn behind him.

But if it is, we should definitely pull the trigger. What if it is for next year's 1st, and the next year's 2 firsts. That is a great deal for the reigning MVP. Plus we keep Tua.
Still an easy no.

That is reasonable enough but the answer shouldn't just be no. If the asking price is ridiculous we pass
That's true if you want to take it to an extreme.

For example if we could get him for next to nothing, while GB picks up a substantial part of his salary, then yes you seriously consider it.

Since that is not realistic, it can indeed just be "NO".

There is no reasonable scenario where this makes sense to me.

I could at least see the appeal of Watson (pre legal issues), though I still wasn't in favor of it.

I really don't care to bring in Rodgers. He's at the age where most QB's skills can drop off dramatically, and I think he's a bit overrated to begin with.

There's nothing wrong with throwing it out there, and batting around an idea, but the overwhelming concensus looks like a negative.

But if it is, we should definitely pull the trigger. What if it is for next year's 1st, and the next year's 2 firsts. That is a great deal for the reigning MVP. Plus we keep Tua and let him learn behind him.
No........that is not reasonable.

Let me ask you this, would you feel the same, had we just drafted Lawrence?

No........that is not reasonable.

Let me ask you this, would you feel the same, had we just drafted Lawrence?

Damn that is a good question. But yes I do. Because Aaron Rodgers makes a you Superbowl contender now. Lawrence could only hope to be what Aaron Rodgers is now but in the future.

It is trading investment in the future for success now. What if you trade for Rodgers and Keep Lawrence to be groomed like they did with him?

What I mentioned as an asking price was very reasonable though. Anyone thinking he will go for less is not being objective. Look what they gave up for Stafford.

I bet San Fran would trade for him having just drafted Tray Lance 3rd overall.

Last edited:
When the president said something like that about their star QB, it tells me the situation is beyond salvage.

Grier, moves mountain if you have to, get us Rodgers. I want a ring before Alzheimers set in.

Rogers has stated that he wants to be traded to a team that is in the west and has it has been reported the teams he has the most interest in are the 49ers, Broncos, and Raiders. Miami is about as far from the west as you can get and Rogers isn’t coming to Miami. While you don’t have to worry about Alzheimer’s anytime soon, perhaps a refresher in geography might help.

It all depends,,,with defense we got and gunslinger qb like Rodgers. We got chance beat k.c.Tampa took chances and it work out.. being safe like dolphins always and still not win or play in SB is another subject.. it going take Tua at leased 2 yr to become good QB or he aint..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom