SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

My question is….Why would we build a team around a 37 year old QB? It makes no sense to me. Let me state some of the problems:
  1. Our cap immediately goes to maxed out.
  2. We lose valuable draft capital or The players we would have to give up would be tough to replace or both of those things.
I like the way our rebuild is progressing. We have young, cheap talent on our roster. Let’s see what that gets us this year. I still think young Tua is going to be a very good to great QB in this league…. So let’s see what he has and then make a decision.

This dude chokes away with playoffs. He’s not gonna win us anything.
He is a great regular season QB and a below average playoff QB. He has consistently played on teams that have had the talent to win multiple Super Bowls and yet he had only one win in the SB and that win was 11 years ago. I think they have just as good a chance winning a SB with Tua as their QB as they do with Rogers at QB.

If having a top tier QB was all it took to win a SB. The Dolphins would have won 5-10 SB’s when Marino was their QB. The last I checked, they won zero and only appeared in 1 during the entire time Marino was the teams QB.

You can have your dream dynasty. I am happy with building for one ring first.
Ross and Grier stated at the time they announced the rebuild that they were going to build a team that would be a consistent winner over several years. So while you might be happy with building for just one ring. It doesn’t appear Roos, Grier, and Flores agree with you and they seem intent in building through the draft and developing the players they draft.

This dude chokes away with playoffs. He’s not gonna win us anything.
This is 100% on the nose.

My mom side of the family is from Wisconsin so I've watched every Packer playoff game for the last 30+ years. Rodgers has a problem controlling his emotions. He gets frustrated and just melts in big games.

Happens every year in January.

This is 100% on the nose.

My mom side of the family is from Wisconsin so I've watched every Packer playoff game for the last 30+ years. Rodgers has a problem controlling his emotions. He gets frustrated and just melts in big games.

Happens every year in January.
No.

He will have us in the Super Bowl every year he's here.

So I'm told.

He is a great regular season QB and a below average playoff QB. He has consistently played on teams that have had the talent to win multiple Super Bowls and yet he had only one win in the SB and that win was 11 years ago. I think they have just as good a chance winning a SB with Tua as their QB as they do with Rogers at QB.

If having a top tier QB was all it took to win a SB. The Dolphins would have won 5-10 SB’s when Marino was their QB. The last I checked, they won zero and only appeared in 1 during the entire time Marino was the teams QB.
You need top tier qb now to win SB.

You need top tier qb now to win SB.
We need to see what healthy Tua has to offer.

If he underperforms in 2021, we have a top tier QB we could still get....... who's not 37.... he likes getting massages and might be well restrd from taking this season off.

It all depends,,,with defense we got and gunslinger qb like Rodgers. We got chance beat k.c.Tampa took chances and it work out.. being safe like dolphins always and still not win or play in SB is another subject.. it going take Tua at leased 2 yr to become good QB or he aint..
Tua is a question mark...I would love to plug Rodgers in the way Brady plugged into Tampa...but not at a crazy trade amount!

Dolphins ain't going get Rodgers..with rodger
We need to see what healthy Tua has to offer.

If he underperforms in 2021, we have a top tier QB we could still get....... who's not 37.... he likes getting massages and might be well restrd from taking this season off.
Dolphins ain't going get Rodgers..either way u look at it. Dolphins are taking chance. With rodgers u probably be in SB running.
with Tua u fighting for wild card spot..will he be able keep up.. when defense is struggling and offense need score.. that my concern w Tua.

Last edited:
No.

He will have us in the Super Bowl every year he's here.

So I'm told.
Dolphins are committed to Tua at leased 2 year.as long as he ain't terrible this yr..We got great chance. With Rodger..if we ain't there we will be in afc championship game

Last edited:
Look, I don't need convincing. Add Aaron Rodgers .... yes please!

But, as bonkers as the trade market would be for a young elite QB in his prime, I think Tom Brady already removed any doubt that every other team in the league except for maybe a half dozen, would mortgage their future to get Aaron Rodgers. Unless the Packers would take Jalen Waddle, Tua, and 1st rounders in 2022 and 2023 in addition to some 2nd's and 3rds ... I just don't see how we'd win that auction. Watson is tainted goods and hasn't won anything. Rodgers is the reigning MVP, already has a ring, and has minimal baggage compared to someone like Watson. Too much competition for that one.

But yes ... it is one of my dreams, along with modern science finding the key to turning back aging and bringing back Dan Marino .... oh yeah, and making me 21 as fit as my 21 year old self again ... I mean ... it could happen.

Rogers has stated that he wants to be traded to a team that is in the west and has it has been reported the teams he has the most interest in are the 49ers, Broncos, and Raiders. Miami is about as far from the west as you can get and Rogers isn’t coming to Miami. While you don’t have to worry about Alzheimer’s anytime soon, perhaps a refresher in geography might help.
I think he doesn't like places like NY, or Carolina. When it comes to Miami, I wouldn't think he would say no. What NFL player does not want to come to city like Miami?

Last edited:
My question is….Why would we build a team around a 37 year old QB? It makes no sense to me. Let me state some of the problems:
  1. Our cap immediately goes to maxed out.
  2. We lose valuable draft capital or The players we would have to give up would be tough to replace or both of those things.
I like the way our rebuild is progressing. We have young, cheap talent on our roster. Let’s see what that gets us this year. I still think young Tua is going to be a very good to great QB in this league…. So let’s see what he has and then make a decision.
It make perfect sense to me. We don't build a team around Rodgers. The team is alteady build, except a sure elite QB for SB contention.

I think he doesn't like places like NY, or Carolina. When it comes to Miami, I wouldn't think he would say no. What NFL player does not want to come to city like Miami?
I'm sure there are many players that don't want to live in Miami. I'm a huge Dolphins fan and I don't want to live there even if you pay me to.

Back
Top Bottom