SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

A sure thing that getting any individual QB assures a championship? No such thing.

Give me a break and stop moving the goal posts with double talk.

The very thread title says SB in two years. That is NOT a sure thing.

I like you as a poster (most of the time), but you are all over the place with what appears to be merely a propensity to argue.
Read my post again. 'Sure thing' was referring to elite level QB. You were the one that twisted my words and inferring it to SB.
The thread already has many pages. The original title is not what the most recents posts about.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with not wanting to touch Tua in my case, I don't consider him untouchable. I just don't
think it's prudent to bring in a 37-year-old QB when the rest of our team isn't in the position to compete for a SB yet. Give me Mahomes and I drop Tua in a hot second.
For argument sake, what about Watson if he clear the mess?

Not sure, Rodgers is only showing a salary of $14 million this year and I don't know if he'd be willing to restructure with a new team. I can tell you this with 100% certainty based on history, a team is more likely to go to a SB with an elite QB and a lesser team surrounding him than an elite team with a lesser QB. Look at the last 20 years SB QBs and tell me I'm wrong.
He's at 22.72 million this year with his roster and workout bonuses. The other roughly 15 million against the cap is part of his prorated signing bonus, which I believe may go away if he's traded, not sure on that though. Too lazy to look it up. In any event, at the least, he's costing almost 23 million in 2021. We currently have cap issues, we'd need to free up quite a bit more.

Read my post again. 'Sure thing' was referring to elite level QB. You were the one that twisted my words and inferring it to SB.
The thread already has many pages. The original title is not what the most recents posts about.
But isn’t the whole premise of this thread that - that “sure thing elite qb” is going to get us a super bowl in 2 years?

Call every one dumb for disagreeing with you and then call them elitist snobs?

19243326.jpg
I'm not an elitist snob, I'm just irritable, my IBS is flaring up again... :chuckle:

If he goes to a different team I hope it’s you guys. Love you guys.

I would on the low talk to SF and find out what kind of deal I can make for Nick Bosa, if I traded them Rodgers.

Then I would call GB and find out what it would take to get Aaron, officially asking if I can talk to him. Green Bay having drafted Love, doesn’t need Tua so we can leave him out of this.

Miami makes another blockbuster trade, followed up 15 minutes later with another blockbuster trade with San Fran, sounds far fetched, I know.

SF gets: Aaron Rodgers, Emmanuel Ogbah, 2022 5th (MIA)

GB gets: 2022 1st (MIA via SF), 2023 2nd (MIA), 2024 3rd (SF) Jakeem Grant and Jessie Davis (LOL)

MIA gets: Nick Bosa, 2022 4th (SF), 2023 3rd (GB).

Green Bay’s not doing that obviously, they would need more but I’d open to conversation. Unfortunately San Fran doesn’t have the draft picks to make something like this happen. Plus we’d have to take on Garoppolo’s salary in order for Rodgers to go to SF.

Unless I knew I had a taker for Jimmy G, it could never work but....

1. Aaron Rodgers wants to play for SF.
2. Green Bay needs a clean break with A-A-Ron.
3. Nick Bosa and SF are like oil and water.
4. Garrapolo doesn’t really want to be there.
5. Bosa could make Miami’s defense absurd.

It’s June, this is what I come up with in June.

Also, I know a lot about Nick Bosa. Unless he’s changed a lot in the last 2 years with his personal beliefs, pretty sure he’d rather live in Broward county than San Fran. Especially on a monster extension.

That monster extension and last years ACL tear would be legitimate concerns and even more reasons why this wouldn’t actually happen.

Ok, now someone can quote me with sheer outrage. Don’t bother though, I’m going to spend the rest of the night researching tampering rules. I gotta believe I’d be allowed to talk to SF about Rodgers, so long as I don’t talk to Rodgers about Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom