SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

**** Aaron Rodgers. Miami has enough draft capital to take a QB in 2022 or 23 if needed (assuming Tua is a bust). Why mortgage a young team full of talent for a quick run? Makes no sense.

Oh and Tom Brady can go **** himself.

This dude chokes away with playoffs. He’s not gonna win us anything.
I knew there was going to be a post in here saying something like that. Getting Rodgers in here would be an upgrade for sure, let's not kid ourselves. We don't need to develop him, and he would make adjustments. With that said we don't need to pay a qb a lot of money so we are good.

I would on the low talk to SF and find out what kind of deal I can make for Nick Bosa, if I traded them Rodgers.

Then I would call GB and find out what it would take to get Aaron, officially asking if I can talk to him. Green Bay having drafted Love, doesn’t need Tua so we can leave him out of this.

Miami makes another blockbuster trade, followed up 15 minutes later with another blockbuster trade with San Fran, sounds far fetched, I know.

SF gets: Aaron Rodgers, Emmanuel Ogbah, 2022 5th (MIA)

GB gets: 2022 1st (MIA via SF), 2023 2nd (MIA), 2024 3rd (SF) Jakeem Grant and Jessie Davis (LOL)

MIA gets: Nick Bosa, 2022 4th (SF), 2023 3rd (GB).

Green Bay’s not doing that obviously, they would need more but I’d open to conversation. Unfortunately San Fran doesn’t have the draft picks to make something like this happen. Plus we’d have to take on Garoppolo’s salary in order for Rodgers to go to SF.

Unless I knew I had a taker for Jimmy G, it could never work but....

1. Aaron Rodgers wants to play for SF.
2. Green Bay needs a clean break with A-A-Ron.
3. Nick Bosa and SF are like oil and water.
4. Garrapolo doesn’t really want to be there.
5. Bosa could make Miami’s defense absurd.

It’s June, this is what I come up with in June.

Also, I know a lot about Nick Bosa. Unless he’s changed a lot in the last 2 years with his personal beliefs, pretty sure he’d rather live in Broward county than San Fran. Especially on a monster extension (tax purposes).

That monster extension and last years ACL tear would be legitimate concerns and even more reasons why this wouldn’t actually happen.

Ok, now someone can quote me with sheer outrage. Don’t bother though, I’m going to spend the rest of the night researching tampering rules. I gotta believe I’d be allowed to talk to SF about Rodgers, so long as I don’t talk to Rodgers about Rodgers.

Ahem.

I'm sure there are many players that don't want to live in Miami. I'm a huge Dolphins fan and I don't want to live there even if you pay me to.
I don’t want to live in New England but I’m here. Someday I’ll sell my house for way too much money, because it’s in Massachusetts, and go where I want and pocket the remainder.

We won't have our roster if we get Aaron, we'd have to give up a big part of what makes this roster work.
It different between Rodgers and Tua..Rosgers dont need that much talent to make it work.. Tua need talent to make it work.

I hate the heat.....even here in central Florida is hot enough but in Miami is even worse. on top of that the crime in Miami is bad so those are two of the top reasons for me not to want to be there and oh btw, traffic is horrible there too and drivers are jerks.
The last time I went to visit Miami, I got off of the palmetto onto bird road headed toward bird bowl. The traffic was so bad on bird road, I watched a little ol lady walk down at least 3 blocks before I could even get passed one block. After a while she got so far up ahead of us I couldn't see her anymore. While I was stuck on only the next block. It was like that scene on office space for real!! Haha And it wasn't even rush hour. I cant stand the traffic there. It's so bad nowadays. I would not move back either

Many people on here don't want to cut a rookie QB any slack for an average rookie season while his supporting cast on offense was a joke, but people are sure quick to excuse Aaron Rodgers for just about everything. No doubt he is immensely talented but he sure does come up empty quite a bit in the clutch. Aaron Rodgers ranks behind Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr, and Joe Flacco in fourth quarter comebacks. What does that say about him? He also has an abrasive personality. Hell, his own family doesn't talk to him. He has alienated teammates, coaches, GM's, and now many fans.
Rodgers is a great talent but he isn't flawless.
That he rarely needs to make comebacks??

I find it interesting that all the "what if" scenarios people with a pro-Tua driven mindset present involve worst case scenarios like superstar Qb's getting injured, a need to cut good players, "cap hell", or our lack of ability to continue to build a roster without a few first round picks.

Here's a what if? What if Aaron Rodgers has 3 more MVP type seasons, leads the Dolphins to 3 straight Super Bowl wins, restructures his contract so we don't need to cut anyone significant, we hit on some second round draft picks over the next few years, and Tua is not part of the trade and gets to learn from Rodgers for a few years before taking over?

That's just as realistic as all the doomsday "what if" scenarios.
What if Tua doesn't have the breakout season? Then what? Start over with another rookie? If you could get your hands on Rodgers, you absolutely do it. Anyone saying different simply does not get it. I'm a rebuild through the draft, acquire picks and be responsible guy but an all time great, even at 37, is worth more than any of our upcoming picks.

Back
Top Bottom