SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SB ring in next two years, get Rodgers

The issue is his age, he has a very small window of opportunity. If Tua doesn't work out, we replace him without skipping a beat as far as the other players go. We're the youngest team in the league and we're building on that foundation. If Rogers doesn't bring us a SB in the few years he may have left, we would never be able to recuperate the capital it took to get him and it sets the progress of the build back. If you haven't noticed it's being built primarily through the draft by obtaining as many picks each year as possible. They may bring in vets but very few get more than a year or two deal. They are holding a place for a younger guy to take their place. They are not working on a one-year run, they are building to be competitive and challenge over many years.
They have the right plan in place, we continually add youth to replace the older players, it's cyclical. It's the right approach, obtaining Rogers would be antithetical to what they have been putting into place and therefore I do not see them doing it. I may be wrong and I'm certainly no expert, but I'm willing to bet that's their thoughts on this. They are not looking to be a one-hit-wonder, they want multiple championships.
Replace him with who? Even if he's terrible, we are going to be middle of the road. Not skip a beat? That's wishful thinking. We need trying that for 25 years.

Replace him with who? Even if he's terrible, we are going to be middle of the road. Not skip a beat? That's wishful thinking. We need trying that for 25 years.
A QB in next year's draft.
Not skipping a beat as far as the development of the other young players. If he's terrible and we have to draft another QB are we really any worse off if our current QB is terrible?
That's saying something about the team's growth as a whole if he's terrible and we're middle of the road, no?

That he rarely needs to make comebacks??
That’s funny. Keep kidding yourself. I left out Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady from the list because they were so obvious. Do you believe that Rodgers has had less fourth quarter opportunities than all those QBs on list? Rodgers comes up empty quite a bit in big moments.

I’m actually kind of surprised Boss Ross isn’t banging the table for Rodgers. If I was his age I probably would.

I’m actually kind of surprised Boss Ross isn’t banging the table for Rodgers. If I was his age I probably would.
Rodgers adds nothing to our team right now. It will cost players and money.

Ross committed to the rebuild. Rodgers isn't getting us to a SB like some claim. He will choke it away anyway.

Build the team... The Qb will follow ...

You can add all the mega stars you want if you want to gamble on a championship .... sure it will tear your roster apart with salary cap issues ... sure you will have to give up future draft picks (who cares they are a gamble anyway , right?) ... sure it would be fun to watch ... yeah we would get media attention .... sure it will probably help ticket sales ...

Then in 2 yrs. we can start all over again ... sure we won't have any $ for FA's ... yeah we won't have as many draft picks ... but hell we are used to that so the transition shouldn't be so tough to endure ....

hard for me to understand the short term thinking among fans... harder to believe there are 12 pages of debate on this subject ... yeah I know i'm contributing to the heap but it's June and real topics are dry

Build the team... The Qb will follow ...

You can add all the mega stars you want if you want to gamble on a championship .... sure it will tear your roster apart with salary cap issues ... sure you will have to give up future draft picks (who cares they are a gamble anyway , right?) ... sure it would be fun to watch ... yeah we would get media attention .... sure it will probably help ticket sales ...

Then in 2 yrs. we can start all over again ... sure we won't have any $ for FA's ... yeah we won't have as many draft picks ... but hell we are used to that so the transition shouldn't be so tough to endure ....

hard for me to understand the short term thinking among fans... harder to believe there are 12 pages of debate on this subject ... yeah I know i'm contributing to the heap but it's June and real topics are dry
We're not getting Rodgers, but you simply can't lump in the impact of adding a top 5 QB with the impact of adding high priced free agents at other positions. It's almost never done via trade, at least in recent history. Why? Because a Top 5 QB is invaluable and teams don't let them get away. Look at the last 2 times a great QB went to a new team. Peyton Manning to the Broncos -Superbowl, Tom Brady to the Bucs -Superbowl.

How is it hard to understand short term thinking when it comes to adding a player of Rodgers caliber? The thinking is it's worth the risks and costs to be legit SB contenders for 3-4 years over keeping our fingers crossed for "what if's" for the next 10 years. We've been doing that at the QB position since Marino and it's gotten us nowhere.

Additionally, everyone against the idea seems to be assuming that if we traded for Rodgers that Tua would have to be part of the deal, that's not necessarily true. Again, it ain't happening and like you said this is all off season talk due to no games being played.

Last edited:

Ross committed to the rebuild. Rodgers isn't getting us to a SB like some claim. He will choke it away anyway.
I'm curious, are there any QB's in the league right now you'd be open to having instead of Tua?

😂😂😂😂😃😃

Somehow this would not be adding anything to our team and constitutes being a "choker".

In the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers is 11-8 and has a passer rating of 100.5 with 5,669 yards, 45 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in games in the playoffs in his career. 4 of Rodgers' playoff losses were in games that went to overtime, and in three of those losses the Packers did not have an offensive possession.

Only seven quarterbacks in NFL history have more playoff wins. Tampa Bay's Tom Brady (32-11), Joe Montana (16-7), Terry Bradshaw (14-5), John Elway (14-7), Peyton Manning (14-13), Ben Roethlisberger (13-9) and Brett Favre (13-11) also have more playoff victories.

Rodgers is 1-0 in the Super Bowl. He led Green Bay to a 31-25 victory against Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV on Feb. 6, 2011. Rodgers won Super Bowl MVP honors. He finished 24 of 39 passing for 309 yards and three TDs.

And oh, he's the reigning MVP of the NFL.

Last edited:
A QB in next year's draft.
Not skipping a beat as far as the development of the other young players. If he's terrible and we have to draft another QB are we really any worse off if our current QB is terrible?
That's saying something about the team's growth as a whole if he's terrible and we're middle of the road, no?
I totally agree with you. We're very talented as it stands. My point was even if, and again I'm not saying he will be, Tua is bad, we should still be pretty good. Now we're drafting mid-first (land of meddling QBs). If he's above average we're picking late first and no super bowl.

If you get a guy like Rodgers, you're giving up late 1sts regardless of whether or not you win it. You're a top tier team right away. We're overvaluing picks for a top end qb. Many are looking at those firsts like they are going to be top 10 picks. They just won't be. Sorry.

I would rather give up a couple late firsts and a player rather than gamble one guy turns out and we keep a couple of late firsts. Now I also understand there are salary implications. QB wins in this league. The window to win is short without that QB. Just my take.

Somehow this would not be adding anything to our team and constitutes being a "choker".

In the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers is 11-8 and has a passer rating of 100.5 with 5,669 yards, 45 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in games in the playoffs in his career. 4 of Rodgers' playoff losses were in games that went to overtime, and in three of those losses the Packers did not have an offensive possession.

Only seven quarterbacks in NFL history have more playoff wins. Tampa Bay's Tom Brady (32-11), Joe Montana (16-7), Terry Bradshaw (14-5), John Elway (14-7), Peyton Manning (14-13), Ben Roethlisberger (13-9) and Brett Favre (13-11) also have more playoff victories.

Rodgers is 1-0 in the Super Bowl. He led Green Bay to a 31-25 victory against Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV on Feb. 6, 2011. Rodgers won Super Bowl MVP honors. He finished 24 of 39 passing for 309 yards and three TDs.

Also go look at the scores to the games they lost. Their defense couldn't stop a high school team in most of them.

Cue the great Colin Kaepernick passing for 260 and running for 180.

Back
Top Bottom