Scape Goats and Dolphin Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scape Goats and Dolphin Fans

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I realize there are weak links in any team, but single players do not really cost games. If you analyze situations you find out it was a series of plays, isolated bad plays and poor decisions etc. that cost you games. And most often it is a team effort in a losing. Coaches have the privilege of breaking down film and seeing where key mental lapses occured. But it wasn't Reggie Howard, Seth McKinney, Gus, or Chris Chambers who cost us the game. It was all of them plus the rest of the team.
I have been a fan since 1973 and have witnessed Dolphin fans look for goats for going on 4 decades. Dolphin fans, like most I guess, have to have goats to attack. I have done so with my recent comments about Wanny and Rick, and realize how easy it is to do so. But this board has a pre-occupation with finding goats. It may be that the players and coaching staff may not be the only groups struggling to define team (maybe fans have a poor team concept as well). There is a difference in venting and jumping on individual performance from time to time, but I swear Reggie Howard may have to go undercover in Miami (jokes there I am sure).
Define what is venting from pure goating. Goating is understanable, but I think a little excessive on this board, but hey, the "team" is losing.

Lee2000

I agree mostly. The unfortunate part is that the last 2 weeks you can't really say the offense or the defense won/lost the game for you. But I can remember specific plays that did. The most recent example: Chambers dropping the ball in the endzone It hit him in the hands for godness sake. That's why you get the "scape goat mentality" if the team played like crap then I personally would say they looked bad. But yesterday Chambers looked bad, and I think he stood out the most as to why they lost.

looking for goats?

Who's looking? There freaking everywhere on the Dolphin sideline.....including the coaches.

So I guess McMichael's timely fumble, Howards continued not making plays, Chambers continued inconsistent #1 rec play, having 2 of the best RB's in the league and throwing the ball 47 times, a HC that is to politically correct and doesn't want to hurt anyones feelings.....dude the goats are EVERYWHERE! Hurt some feelings or give me my $75 back for the game.

To me, the best defense against TBrady is to keep him on the sidelines. The clock stops on every incompletion, we had 22 incompletions that stopped the clock. So NSaban played right into Belecheck's hand when BB put the game in Gus's hands. Tell me, why did we give Ronnie Brown (who is running the ball better than anyone in the league) a $20 million signing bonus to sit on the sidelines and get 14 carry's?

Like I said, no need to look for a goat...THEY ARE FREAKIN' EVERWHERE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom