Scapegoat Ryan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scapegoat Ryan

Not putting 100% of the blame on Tannehill; but when you throw for 25 yards in an entire half of football (note: zero yards to a WR in the second half, that is difficult to do in today's NFL) you will not win many games.

They really have to clear house. Cut Tannehill (13 million in dead cap space) next year, cut Reshad Jones (eating a cool 23 million in dead cap space), get in a new coach & general manager, and give them a few years to put this in the right direction. Make it known to the next regime to treat 2019 what it will be, a rebuild year (note, also eating over 10 million in dead cap space for Suh).

Tannehill does have a place in the league, but his days of making 20+ million a year as a starter are probably over; actually they never should have occurred. But when your owner is nearly 80 years old it makes more sense to go with stopgap measures than thinking of a rebuild.

I agree with everything you said except the past part. Cutting Tannehill and Jones frees up the money for a rebuild. Copy KC and play Tannehill for one more year after you cut Branch, trade Wake and one of our SS at the deadline, and draft Haskins from OSU. Fill in the holes with picks and FA's two years from now and it's the same thing.

Look harder.

This was a wonderfully done thread, regardless on whether it was intentional or not. It shows who is who.

This was one of the more frustrating losses in memory. Could Tannehill conceivably have done more? Yes. Was this loss on him? Absolutely not.
I certainly can't blame that loss on anybody but the HC.
Tannehill did quite well in his return.

Agreed, I think Gase needs to go, and whoever comes in here is not going to want Tannehill as the QB. Has there ever been a QB who has made it through 4 coaching changes in the NFL?

ive defended ryan tannehill thru his tenure here, i still think hes been set up to fail, bad drafting going back almost 15-20 years set the table for that, but the fact were in tannehills 6th or 7th year and we still cant field even an average offensive line just shows the level of ineptitude were dealing with here...

with that being said, as much as i dont think tannehills to blame im ok with moving on at this point, its probably the best for the fans and for Tannehill himself.

Tannehill was put in a bad situation down in Miami from the get-go, i understand people think he sucks or hes not the answer but some people around here talk about the guy like he ****ed their wives...i wish tannehill luck with the rest of his career, even tho it didnt work out here it wasnt for a lack of trying, were just a terrible organization where careers come to die, kinda like the retirees who move down to miami...

I don't think Gase has any confidence in Tanne's abilities. That's the only explanation I can think of for the continuous conservative play calling.
He doesn’t and it’s obvious gase doesn’t trust him with the game on the line. The whole coming to Miami for Tannehill is bs. Of course gase is going to say that to secure his first coaching gig.

it doesnt matter whos playing qb, the results will be the same with adam gase calling the plays

i wish tannehill the best of luck the rest of his career, a talented kid drafted and ruined by the dumpster fire that keeps on burning, the miami dolphins

we will draft a qb, he will get creamed behind our oline, gase will still call wr screen 95% of the time, new qb will be run out of town and the cycle continues...

this isnt on one player or coach, there is something really wrong with this franchise...if ross is serious about building a winner he needs to gut every coach and front office person and start new, let the new personnel dept/coaches decide what morons we keep and let go...

almost 2 decades of complete ineptitude...a running back quits on us to get high, culpepper over brees, wildcat brown over rodgers, drafting the ginn family and him being passed to by cleo lemon/john beck, jake long over matt ryan i mean the list is just endless...we blame the players because its what we see and is fresh in our minds but its been a systemic failure from the top down for almost 20 years...good players come here in free agency and then suck, players who sucked here go elsewhere and shine...i think the miami dolphins are the problem

this whole organization needs to be gutted, theres no way around it

I think this is a reasonable way to look at this and one that rarely is thought of.

Are we (as a group) absolutely sure ALL those QBs (for instance) Cleveland drafted so high the last couple decades sucked?

Is it possible that no qb could have looked good there?

If that’s true, maybe it hasn’t been the fact that the last 15-20 QBs we have had were the problem.

I just always thought different players (including QBs) would have very different careers if they were lucky enough to go to the right teams.

Eric Ebron would be a pretty good example.

I certainly can't blame that loss on anybody but the HC.
Tannehill did quite well in his return.

He was fairly good, pleasantly surprised with his pocket movement and his ability to stand in.

But take away the Carroo jumpball and the pass game was just mehhh and to me thats less on the QB and more about the offensive identity in general.

Clearly he lacked zip on his passes and he was a little late on a few of his reads but overall he managed the game well enough, except the second to last drive I wish he could of avoided those two incompletes to start the drive and stopped the clock, even if it meant taking a sack.

Good news is he gets to come home next week where he plays better ball . . .bad news is he gets a physical Buffalo front twice, plus Jville and Minny . . . We’ll see if he can stay healthy and make strides to finish the year strong.

He doesn’t and it’s obvious gase doesn’t trust him with the game on the line. The whole coming to Miami for Tannehill is bs. Of course gase is going to say that to secure his first coaching gig.

80% wr screen, 15% gore run up middle, 5% rb check down is probably gases playcalling breakdown...gases offense is so complex and intricate even gase cant learn the playbook

hes just a terrible coach, his paycheck should be direct deposited straight into peytons bank account, hes a total fraud...

also gase has had his chances to move on, its notlike hes limiting his playbook for tanny cuz he doesnt trust him...he hand picked jay cutler cuz he"knew the system", he hand pick brock cuz he "knew the system", yet we got the exact same offense....

Really? So you think Gase trusts his defense more than Tannehill then? Because what he did today says that he does, which is inexcusable. Gase is clueless and that is not Tannehill's fault. If Gase knew anything at all about the situation they were in late in that game he would have realized that it literally would have been better for Tannehill to throw a pick six than to play it like he did. Not only is he a bad coach, he has made the Dolphins one of the least entertaining teams I can ever remember watching.

Tannehill managed that game perfectly...until it was time for him to take it over when we were backed up.

As a "For instance", 3rd and 9...Colts needing to get into FG range...BAM!!! Luck gets it done.

Tannehill should and could have attampted to make the same play....
I agree w this and that’s the difference between a guy like Luck and Tannehill. But...Tannehill should have been given the opportunity to throw it when backed up to see if he could make the play. Everyone knew he wouldn’t get the opportunity and we were going to punt from our goal line and the colts would be set up perfectly to win the game.

I agree w this and that’s the difference between a guy like Luck and Tannehill. But...Tannehill should have been given the opportunity to throw it when backed up to see if he could make the play. Everyone knew he wouldn’t get the opportunity and we were going to punt from our goal line and the colts would be set up perfectly to win the game.

I though Tannehill played well today.....he isn't Andrew Luck, but he played well enough to win. Taking the ball out of his hands was a huge mistake and cowardly play calling. I don't believe that Gase doesn't trust Tannehill......I believe Gase coached scared in the last 8 minutes of that game.

I though Tannehill played well today.....he isn't Andrew Luck, but he played well enough to win. Taking the ball out of his hands was a huge mistake and cowardly play calling. I don't believe that Gase doesn't trust Tannehill......I believe Gase coached scared in the last 8 minutes of that game.
100% agree on all aspects of this post. That’s exactly how I felt about it.

The difference between a solid journeyman starter and a franchise QB was epitomized in the final drives of each team...

Tannehill didn’t elevate the team. The coach didn’t trust the QB to elevate the team and they stalled out and did nothing on their final drive punting to the opposing team with ample time to score to end the game.

Luck creates a miracle play on 3rd and long to seal the game.

That’s it right there. I like Tannehill, but he isn’t in Luck’s class. He is journeyman starter who has been on the same team his whole career while others of his same talent would have hopped around the league already. He’s a solid QB to have on the roster to ride out a season while you prepare your young franchise QB, but he isn’t who you build your team around.

It’s just time to move on. And I think the whole organization needs to reboot from the ground up. Do it right, not half measures. Get everyone on the same page, with th same vision.

it doesnt matter whos playing qb, the results will be the same with adam gase calling the plays

i wish tannehill the best of luck the rest of his career, a talented kid drafted and ruined by the dumpster fire that keeps on burning, the miami dolphins

we will draft a qb, he will get creamed behind our oline, gase will still call wr screen 95% of the time, new qb will be run out of town and the cycle continues...

this isnt on one player or coach, there is something really wrong with this franchise...if ross is serious about building a winner he needs to gut every coach and front office person and start new, let the new personnel dept/coaches decide what morons we keep and let go...

almost 2 decades of complete ineptitude...a running back quits on us to get high, culpepper over brees, wildcat brown over rodgers, drafting the ginn family and him being passed to by cleo lemon/john beck, jake long over matt ryan i mean the list is just endless...we blame the players because its what we see and is fresh in our minds but its been a systemic failure from the top down for almost 20 years...good players come here in free agency and then suck, players who sucked here go elsewhere and shine...i think the miami dolphins are the problem

this whole organization needs to be gutted, theres no way around it

I'm not a big Gase fan but it's absolutely hilarious how you blame Gase, the offensive coordinator, the d coordinator, the previous head coach, the interimhead coach, the previous coaching staff, basically everyone in the world except Tannehill. Literally every single other person sucks but Tannehill you feel bad for lmao.

Back
Top Bottom