Scapegoat Ryan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scapegoat Ryan

one thing i think everyone can agree on is tannehill is a class act, a true professional...thru all the dolphins have been thru hes never complained, never threw anyone under the bus, always placed the blame on himself(even when it wasnt his fault), put in the work on his own time in the offseason, does tons of off the field stuff for the community and what not...i know that stuff doesnt really matter if the results dont show up on the field but i think he at least deserves respect and theres alot of disrespectful hateful people on finheaven in regards to tannehill

Thought we did well to hang in there so long,
I don't think we "hung in there", which is the basis for a thread I'm taking a few body shots for.

I think we played Indy straight up, eye to eye. Boneheaded playcalling at the very end killed us. I would have killed forma bubble screen and a slant while we were backed up.

I'm not a big Gase fan but it's absolutely hilarious how you blame Gase, the offensive coordinator, the d coordinator, the previous head coach, the interimhead coach, the previous coaching staff, basically everyone in the world except Tannehill. Literally every single other person sucks but Tannehill you feel bad for lmao.

i gave gase time and the benefit of the doubt, tannehill has put in the work to try to get better, gase cant even admit his playcalling is a problem...but yea its hilarious, if u cant see gase and burke both suck then thats ur problem man

RT had close to 170 yds passing in the 1st half, which means he threw for only 34 yds in the second half.
He’s the consummate tease. Looked as good as Luck in the 1st half, but wilted in the 2nd half, whereas Luck extended plays and led his team to a win.
Gase’s playcalling was horrible the last 2 possessions, but RT allowed it. Just once I’d like to see him audible out of a bad play or have a heated exchange with Gase on the sideline.

RT had close to 170 yds passing in the 1st half, which means he threw for only 34 yds in the second half.
He’s the consummate tease. Looked as good as Luck in the 1st half, but wilted in the 2nd half, whereas Luck extended plays and led his team to a win.
Gase’s playcalling was horrible the last 2 possessions, but RT allowed it. Just once I’d like to see him audible out of a bad play or have a heated exchange with Gase on the sideline.
so its tannehills fault for not telling gase, his coach/boss to go **** himself....got it....

so its tannehills fault for not telling gase, his coach/boss to go **** himself....got it....

Are you suggesting that the alpha dog QBs never challenge their coaches? How long have you been watching NFL football? After the last possession where the phins ran on 3rd and 10, I’d expect my QBS to be hot on the sidelines. Never see that with RT. Losing doesn’t seem to bother him all that much.
Nowhere did I use the word “fault”, unlike some of you who are stating the loss was 100% on Gase.

Hahaha I'm not sayin Tannehill is great but some of you on here putting this loss on him ??? Hahaha get a clue. We know the quarterback he is, one of those throws when we were up 7 hit stills right on the hands but noone is callin for his head. Where tf has Stills been. Where was Caroo the rest of the game, all the kid does is make plays but I saw more of butler just free lancing all game

Hahahah come on guys let's get real. We are all upset we lost but this is clear poor play callin . Good teams win cus they have a good leader and I like gase but my God his play callin is very questionable. I put this all on him same way as the Bengals game. Put your players in a position to win. Wtf
No we didn’t lose because of him but we didn’t win because of him either. He had 4 attempts with a 10 point lead to go get 3 and didn’t get it done. That’s the problem with this QB. Poor play calling, extend the play with your legs, move around or outside the locker to buy time for a receiver to get open, go against gases call when the box is stacked with 9 and find Stills 1 on 1 down field, find a way to make a play, kill clock and get that 3 to Finnish your opponent. No we did not lose because of him but we need to find a guy who we win because of fast, after we fire the whole squad and rebuild the team into an NFL franchise not a JAAF club like we’ve been watching!

I will tell you this: Said it before, and I’ll say it again. There is very little that scares the **** out of me more than the Pats signing Tannehill on the cheap in 2019, having him take over midway when Brady gets hurt, then becoming their starter in 2020.

I will tell you this: Said it before, and I’ll say it again. There is very little that scares the **** out of me more than the Pats signing Tannehill on the cheap in 2019, having him take over midway when Brady gets hurt, then becoming their starter in 2020.
It's scary that Tannehill might play 6 games a season for New England? You do realize to be a franchise QB, you have to play in more than a handful of games per season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, love him, Hate him, it doesnt matter, Ryan Tannehill can NOT stay healthy. Bottom line if you can't suit up consistently you're not a franchise QB. Give him to NE, our franchise has alot more problems than just QB, the entire organization is a clueless mess with no direction or vision to succeed in the future. Until the front office and coaches are all fired, were a lost cause.

It's scary that Tannehill might play 6 games a season for New England? You do realize to be a franchise QB, you have to play in more than a handful of games per season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, love him, Hate him, it doesnt matter, Ryan Tannehill can NOT stay healthy. Bottom line if you can't suit up consistently you're not a franchise QB. Give him to NE, our franchise has alot more problems than just QB, the entire organization is a clueless mess with no direction or vision to succeed in the future. Until the front office and coaches are all fired, were a lost cause.

You realize, of course, that before Calais Campbell took his knee out...he started 77 straight games?

RT is the product we've produced him to be!

We could've built around his strengths and inversely not expose his weakness (as a traditional pocket passer) but

NO! We're too smart for that! I mean at one time we were kinda ahead of the RPO curve but

NO! Gase wants to make RT into a clone of Manning! Not

gonna happen.

Really like Ryan as kid (man I know). But of course -- his N F L high-performance QB chops are NOT

Marino - Rogers - or even Luck.

You cannot blame a QB for NOT winning you games when you already (at least should) know he's NOT

that kinda talent. The league has become so QB centric I guess everyone just resigns to the fact

you need a MONSTER @QB and (unbelievably) everyone has amnesia regarding the POWER teams that won with

RUNNING the ball #1 and solid D #2.

Apparently that kinda game is insufficiently entertaining for the league overloads!

Are you suggesting that the alpha dog QBs never challenge their coaches? How long have you been watching NFL football? After the last possession where the phins ran on 3rd and 10, I’d expect my QBS to be hot on the sidelines. Never see that with RT. Losing doesn’t seem to bother him all that much.
Nowhere did I use the word “fault”, unlike some of you who are stating the loss was 100% on Gase.

i wouldnt even care if he told gase to f off and gave him a wedgie on the sideline, it would be the most exciting thing the offense did in the game, but you just cant expect somone to do that and blame them for not doing that, not everyone has that type of personality, did you see eli screaming like a lunatic at mcadoo? not everyone is fiery like marino, brady and rivers...

For the record, Tannehill’s injured shoulder felt “really good,” and he showed arm strength with a deep heave downfield in the first half.

So he wanted to take a shot on third-and-10 with the lead and third-and-10 with the game tied. But Gase called a run each time.

“Of course I understand, [but] I’m a competitor and I want the ball in my hands,” Tannehill said. “I want to make that play.”

Did he consider trying to change Gase’s mind?

“It’s tough to do that when you’re standing in the middle of the field and he’s on the sideline,” Tannehill said. “My job is to execute the calls that come in and do the best I can. I understand the call. I think it had the chance to work.”

It didn’t. The Colts got the ball back at their 42 with 2:38 left.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222105780.html?__twitter_impression=true

After the last possession where the phins ran on 3rd and 10, I’d expect my QBS to be hot on the sidelines. Never see that with RT. Losing doesn’t seem to bother him all that much.

Tannehlll doesn't have high expectations of himself or the team. Anything good that happens is like a bonus.

Patriots fans would be more scared of that than you are

Back
Top Bottom