Scapegoat Ryan | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scapegoat Ryan

RT had close to 170 yds passing in the 1st half, which means he threw for only 34 yds in the second half.
He’s the consummate tease. Looked as good as Luck in the 1st half, but wilted in the 2nd half, whereas Luck extended plays and led his team to a win.
Gase’s playcalling was horrible the last 2 possessions, but RT allowed it. Just once I’d like to see him audible out of a bad play or have a heated exchange with Gase on the sideline.
Correction....he looked better than Luck in the first half. Luck was the one with two interceptions in the last minute of the half.

In terms of the second half, the Dolphins had 10 points on those 34 yards. And then Gase had the offense go into a shell.

I’m definitely bot a Tammy fan but Gasy needs to go before Tammy. Gase is a horrible play caller.

what are you five with the tammy **** grow up

Gasy, Tammy... either 5 or retarded

"Maybe if I say it enough, it'll catch on!" No one is catching on to Tammy, I almost thought you were talking about Tom Brady the first time I saw you try to push this crap on the board in another thread. Time to go back to the drawing board and cook up something new in that brilliant mind of yours.

This game is a microcosm of RTs career. He starts off strong and looks like a franchise QB and goes toe to toe with one of the better QBs in the league.
Second half he can’t finish off a drive with a short field after punt block.
4th quarter and nursing a 10 pt lead, the Colts score and close the gap (24-17). The offense goes 3 and out on their last 2 possessions knowing full well the Colts offense had regained momentum.
On the next to last drive many criticize the decision to throw the ball, citing the need to run down the clock. However, there was plenty of time left on the clock for the Colts to win the game. The Phins needed another score to go up by 2 scores. I think Gase was aggressive in calling 2 pass plays. The fact that the offense couldn’t execute is not all on Gase. RT has shown over the course of his career that he can’t close out games when his team needs him the most.
On the last drive, it does appear Gase threw in the towel and there is no defense for that.
The difference in this game was one QB did what he had to do to extend plays and win the game and the other went down with a whimper.

Colts had the better QB today and he showed up in crunch time. It is what it is

I suppose all the people here who called me a bad fan for wanting losses so the Dolphins would have a chance to draft Luck are content with what we have now. We missed out on Luck, but hey we've got Tannehill. Who even remembers the meaningless wins that season? :lol:

You have to admit Tammy should have optioned out of a few of those play calls...

I wonder sometimes if Tannehill is even free to audible. He seemed to recognize the D at times, but ran into the teeth of the D anyway.

This is what Dolfans have become accustomed to. Most people believe Tannehill played good, he put up positive stats, was fortunate he didn't have 3 interceptions. All in all it's a typical game for him. Left us wanting more just like his career. Sure the play calling put a damper on things late in the 4th but there were plenty of opportunities for Tannehill to strike gold in the 4th but fizzled as per the norm. I never expected Tannehill to march us down the field on that final drive even if the play calls were different, it's just not his forte. I fully expected Luck to take over that game (as usual) so it was no surprise for me.

He doesn’t and it’s obvious gase doesn’t trust him with the game on the line. The whole coming to Miami for Tannehill is bs. Of course gase is going to say that to secure his first coaching gig.
He might have believed that when coming in thinking he could take his game to the next level, but that ship has sailed.

Back
Top Bottom