Scary things and non production | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scary things and non production

Tannehill only did that under Philbin he never threw 25 TD’s under Gase. That is bullshit. I trust the new staff more than both especially after watching the Jets last night. Gase is an idiot Who I can’t believe I thought would be a good coach. How many times did the Pats scheme up free rushers with no counter bu Gase. He was just as ineffective with Sam Darnold as he was with Luke Falk.

My mistake, but lightyears behind Philbins offense, just a tad behind fraudulent Gase

What makes you trust these guys at all on offense?

My mistake, but lightyears behind Philbins offense, just a tad behind fraudulent Gase

What makes you trust these guys at all on offense?

I think it's to be determined still. My opinion is the site is completely under selling rebuilding your offensive line between preseason game 4 and week 1 only to have to juggle the tackles again after week 1. The offense is just coming together now, let's see how it goes and who gets involved going forward.

Are they? Parker not even on pace for his best seasons in '16 and '17. Gesicki is ahead of the curve. Hard to get Wilson involved when he's not playing. They rushed him back too soon.
Not for catches, but ahead of his best seasons for yards and TDs.

We're dramatically worse at QB and Oline and it's the biggest reason why we're not producing squat.

In a year where we traded off a lot of decent players and are looking for a top pick in the draft we calling out individual players.

Wilson still may not be 100% and may never be. Missed all of camp and preseason and has very little work with the QB's and still may not be up to speed on the new playbook, it's one thing looking at it another going out and doing it and developing trust with the guy's who is pull the trigger.

Grant after his big drop and talking to the media, putting the blame on the team and not accepting personal responsibility, may just be in the dog house.

QB play is a direct result of replacing most of the offensive line right before the regular season changing 50% of it, even if it's not up par we certainly have better QB's than we did last year, Fitzpatrick and Rosen are certainly better than Brock Osweller who has retired from the league.

Both Wilson and Grant are coming off injuries and the after-effects of their chronic symptoms. As this offensive line begins to gel (as we are seeing) these guys will start making more plays. Grant is a gadget guy only 4th or 5th receiver.
These guys are not 100% as noted by many AND they aren’t fooling anyone in this offense. If we could run the ball and had a QB they’d be more productive. So would Drake etc.

They could put a helmet on Grant with a bigger opening in the face mask...this way when the ball hits him in the helmet it has a better chance of sticking. If Grant is relevant to the success of our offense in two years, the rebuild has gone very poorly...

I believe Gesicki will continue to grow and be an integral part of Flores' offense. Wilson is hurt and Grant might have that, "I got paid, so I don't need to impress" type of thinking.

But a major need for the team is exactly the role that both Wilson and Grant can play? When the Oline is garbage.. bail outs like slot receivers, hb's, and te's are amazing. But I actually did the math and it is not as far off as I thought, so you have a good point!
Grant and wilson have both been hurt non issue.

The fact that Gesicki and Parker are emerging under the new staff is the bigger story. They both looked terrible last year

So it's hard to walk the contradictory lines that this coaching staff has to walk this season. On the one hand, they're installing an extremely complex and intellectually challenging defense that requires players to be versatile in ways very few have been asked to be versatile in their past, but, they're also working with a ton of brand new to the system players so there is no veteran to help them learn the ropes. For the players, it's like being a cat and the coaches trying to herd them … everything about it seems awkward and uncomfortable. Then, the coaches are trying to drill the basics and preach fundamentally sound football, while also rewarding playing time to young players with high potential … who are exactly the types who do not play fundamentally sound football. The coaching staff is trying to boost morale and a sense of work ethic by professing to play the best player, regardless, but then their hidden agenda is to develop gems in the rough who are exactly the types who wouldn't earn playing time if they play the best player. They're trying to improve the skill level of these athletes and build a belief in the players … all the while intentionally tanking so they can get even more great young players.

All of those things are contradictory, but this staff is placed in between a rock and a hard place to accomplish both opposing goals. By design it's an impossible task. All that can be asked is that the balancing act is maintained so that we're growing as players and as a team within the systems, so that we accelerate the improvement in the future, but not so immediate that we win games and lose draft position in the present. The 2020 and 2021 drafts are going to be the ones that make this team, so we need to protect this season's draft place by losing so we can have those seminal drafts like Jimmy Johnson's Dallas Cowboys did with the gains from the Herschel Walker trade. Drafting Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Michael Irving, Larry Allen, Nate Newton, etc., built that Dallas offense into a dynasty team. If we can pull off a draft like that, we'll instantly vault into perpetual Super Bowl contenders for a decade like the Cowboys were back then.

We all hated Gase and staff. But that staff got production from Wilson and Grant, plus more. I am worried that this coaching staff is either overlooking players or just not getting production with coordinating? Yay, getting production from unknown and unproven..... But if you fire someone who gets production out of players, only to hire someone who cannot get anything even resembling production, from those same players..... Is that fail? Is it incompetence? What did a fail coaching staff see that the new staff cannot? I am down with the rebuild, but hate seeing assets wasted or misused. The staff is either not trying and ****, doing the players a major disservice, failing on purpose, or just incompetent. It would be nice to know?

Hehe..How's Gase doing with the Jets with significantly a more talented roster?
Howd that game go against the the Patriots in primetime?

Back
Top Bottom