Schad: Josh Rosen – This Is Your Miami Dolphins Moment, Seize The Job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Josh Rosen – This Is Your Miami Dolphins Moment, Seize The Job

I don't have high expectations for Rosen, but I am hopeful he'll be successful.

Didn't he play better than Sam Darnold? Everyone is praising Darnold and the NYjest and looking at their glass as half full. We got someone (some would argue) better and we are terrible with a sip left in the glass. I don't get it. Let it play out.

I don't see Josh Rosen being a "bust". We will find out if he has the tools, intellect and toughness to play that position. At worst, he will return next year to challenge our new 1st round QB and be a backup. He is young and even if he takes a couple of years as backup he could still develop.

Not sure what I think about not hearing about off season practices and preparation. As we all know, Tannehill put in the effort and is smart but couldn't elevate his team.

I'm in the camp of giving Rosen due time and process for a fair opportunity and assessment. Not 5 years like Tannehill, but 1 good season maybe 2.

Didn't he play better than Sam Darnold? Everyone is praising Darnold and the NYjest and looking at their glass as half full. We got someone (some would argue) better and we are terrible with a sip left in the glass. I don't get it. Let it play out.

Sam Darnold is the youngest QB to ever start an NFL game, and he plays in NY, he must be great!

As a passer in terms of mechanics, accuracy, and to a lesser extent decision making Rosen is CLEARLY better than Darnold and Allen, but he's a Dolphin so now he sucks :rolleyes:

Allen is a freak of nature and I get why he was drafted so high (despite being wildly inaccurate), and I'm sure Darnold has his good qualities as well (maturity, athleticism).

But for my money give me that pure pocket passer (Rosen), not only was he dirt cheap but you can build the best system on that as NE proves year in and year out.

Let people sleep on the Dolphins, Flores is perfect for us as he is quiet and understated like the team but we're a sleeping giant if he can get this defense fixed.

Last edited:
The guys not even close to a "complete bust!" Do you even know what the term means?

I place no value in meaningless 'targets' - must start game one, must enter practice ready to start, etc. The only question is can he process the mental part? That takes time. Whether he starts game one or six, give evidence of an NFL QB and show composure at critical moments. If Flores and fans see that, evaluation will be much easier

Schad really is absolutely clueless. “The dolphins are blessed to have Tannehill’s contract.” Looool

Schad really is absolutely clueless. “The dolphins are blessed to have Tannehill’s contract.” Looool

Tannehill was playing very well and leading a bad team to the playoffs before an injury that changed his entire career which happens in sports, his contract was absolutely justified.

Not everyone gets football is the ultimate team sport though, certainly not this fan base.

Even the finheaven great Matt Ryan couldn't win a football game on the biggest stage up 28-3 with 17 minutes left lol :shame:

Last edited:
It's just training camp, but the QB comp reports/tweets will have my attention. Interested to see how Rosen fires out at the start of camp. He was much more in learning mode in OTAs, as the article mentioned. It's about to be show us what you got time.
training camp is bigger and more important than you are making out to be in my opinion. If Rosen is who he should be camp is where he’ll prove it and that starts Thursday

AR-190729201.jpg

This is on Josh Rosen and he has not a moment to spare.

No matter that Rosen is only 22 years old and about to begin only his second NFL training camp.

Rosen must be assertive from the first meeting prior to Miami Dolphins training camp, which begins, finally, Thursday morning in Davie.

Rosen must show his teammates why he was a first-round pick. Rosen must show his coaches he can be trusted to make intelligent on-field decisions.

Rosen has a brilliant opportunity to demonstrate in these practices, open to media and fans, that he is in fact, Miami’s next franchise quarterback.

Because really, for the Dolphins in 2019, there’s no more essential question.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...-this-is-your-miami-dolphins-moment-seize-job

Huh?
Rosen must show his teammates why he was a first-round pick. Rosen must show his coaches he can be trusted to make intelligent on-field decisions.
False narrative. He does not have to show his teammates that he was a former 1st round pick much less a top 10 pick. He is a late 2nd round pick who will play for peanuts for us.

The Dolphins will see if they got a steal maybe a grand slam and Rosen will have to prove himself that he belongs on the team or as a starter - just like any other late 2nd rounder/early 3rd rounder.

There is a world of differences between Arizona and the Dolphins when it comes to evaluating Rosen.

IMO, if the kid doesn't start from day one, it's very disappointing.

I've read posts having him come in later in the season. And if Fitz has us with a respectable record like 4-4 or something of the sort with an outside chance at a wildcard?

We need every game we can get to properly evaluate Rosen because come draft day, we need to be absolutely certain as to whether we need to draft a QB.

What worries me is Rosen giving us a respectable season still leaving us mediocre/middle of the pack knocking us out of reach of a superstar QB.

hope i'm wrong but i see him as a complete bust. think its the fitzpatrick show this year and next year we get our quarterback in the draft. if he was any good the Cards wouldve kept him
Hi Adam, always good to see you. However I've got to disagree here

The Cardinals had the worst OL in the league. New scrubs were starting every week due to injuries. They had 2 OCs including Bryan Leftwich who had never been an OC before. The HC got fired. Dennis Johnson was misused.

On top of all that, they hired Kingsbury who was a career losing college coach with no NFL experience and supposedly a "system" tailor-made for Murray who he was slathering over when in college. Never mind that this wonderful system never produced an overall winning record. How would you feel if we were the ones to hire Kingsbury? I know I'd be beside myself!!!

Would most other incoming HCs have retained Rosen? Maybe. Murray has been described as a generational player so who knows. However, if Murray weren't available, I'd bet the farm that a coach who agrees with Mike Mayock that Rosen was the best incoming pure pocket passer he's seen in a number of years, would have built a line around Rosen and used/traded that 1st pick for credible assets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom