Schager's Mock - I would puke if we did this | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schager's Mock - I would puke if we did this

I still see the Bugles taking Oline so let's say that the above happens except that the birds take Pitts, Cinci Oline and Denver offers their first next year, next years first and a 3rd this year for their QB. Would you trade back to 9 with Wade, Smith and Waddle on the board? Even for just 2 firsts?

I love the player just not at #6.

Even with that said that pick is only made from someone who doesn’t know anything about the team. Grier/Flores are obsessed with physical requirements for positions, just one look at our current line tells you they like huge men. Slater is nowhere near the size minimums.

Since he does not fit our profile nor many other teams it is believed he will have to move inside and his best position may be at Center which we do need.

I see zero chance we are taking a Tackle at #6 in order to convert him to a Center.

Now Najee at #18, I’m warming up to that idea.

Relax.
Did Flo attend Slater pro day?
Did Flo attend Pitts, Smith pro day?
Just relax.

I would take zero input into what Schrager says - seems like a nice guy, just generally off on his insights.

The thing you must remember is... Schraeger is a knob

Good morning football jumped the shark awhile back
I was watching it a couple of weeks back while working out. They had a segment on about draft eligible players with funny names, I was shocked at how few Schrager and the rest of them there got right, they basically had to id the right guy amongst some made up name Tuf Borland, Tommy Tremble et al. The only reason he knew Tremble he admited was because he had spoken to a scout about the best TE's in the class. And we are supposed to trust he can put together a mock draft !!

Relax.
Did Flo attend Slater pro day?
Did Flo attend Pitts, Smith pro day?
Just relax.

Last year we brought JK Dobbins and Jordan Love in for one of the very few personal visits we were allowed. Attending pro days means nothing, we would be represented at them all.

Seriously we moved up to take Slater ? And Cards trade up to take Pitts right after us !!

I hope he's not right.
Thank god that idiot isn’t in charge of our draft. We could’ve stayed at 12 after our trade with SF and had a draft like that...

I still see the Bugles taking Oline so let's say that the above happens except that the birds take Pitts, Cinci Oline and Denver offers their first next year, next years first and a 3rd this year for their QB. Would you trade back to 9 with Wade, Smith and Waddle on the board? Even for just 2 firsts?
I would absolutely trade down to 9th for an extra 1st next year plus still getting waddle or Smith?

Sure

I am not sure what connection Schager has with the Dolphins which would lead him to put out false information. While I don’t agree with his mock draft in regards to the Dolphins first pick, he is entitled to post his mock draft just like everyone else.

While I want a WR or Pitts at six. I am not going to be upset if they draft Slater or Sewell at 6. The reality is the Dolphins still have a below average offensive line and adding elite talent to that unit is needed if the offense is to improve dramatically in the future.
if he went into any kind of analysis on the play of Austin Jackson (our left tackle who we selected in the first round last year), and Robert Hunt (our right tackle who we selected in the second round last year) and offered some sort of rationale on why we would forego any of the playmakers on the board to select a tackle again, i would accept that.

you can't just throw out "the dolphins do things differently," or "they are going to select a player to protect Tua."

Not sure why fans are so tuned in to these mock drafts? I am very sure that Grier/Flo are not looking at mock drafts and mostly are looking at their own data to make their decisions.

I don't mind Schrager at all. Seems like a nice guy, although he's clearly not a football expert by any means. His mock would be a nightmare scenario for the Fins. Thankfully, we don't have to worry about him being right. There's no way that's what Miami does at 6 and 18.

Back
Top Bottom