Schager's Mock - I would puke if we did this | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schager's Mock - I would puke if we did this

The funny thing is this morning on GMF he said he wouldn't do that, but said he did it because the odds are that a top OT will be drafted before a TE...

A Tackle? If we take an o-lineman in round 1 I will curse Grier until I’m hoarse.

Are you hinting that we'll be trading up from #18 for Slater?
Not at all. I was joking about the character hit job. I would like to see us address the OL. Not saying it has to be at #18, but if we did, it's hard to argue that it isn't needed and won't help Tua if it gives him better protection.

The funny thing is this morning on GMF he said he wouldn't do that, but said he did it because the odds are that a top OT will be drafted before a TE...

Which tells you all you need to know about Schager. I have been having a heated debate with Simon Clancy on twitter about this. He doesn't seem to think Schager is clueless and didn't just put out a mock based on what people told him rather than doing some actual research into the players himself. Honestly if you are in the media and put out a Mock, this is literally your job, spend some time watching film assessing team needs and history (simple stuff like we took 2 tackles just last year in rounds one and two).

He had Davis Mills going to Tampa at 32 !! That's a massive reach and really, you think Brady or one of the oldest coaches in the league in Bruce Arenas is going to sign off on developing a young reach guy with your only first round pick, rather than getting someone like Toney, either Moore, one of the 3 top running back, a young edge or another depth OL, players that can actually help you this year in your win now window ? Simon thinks that's a great pick btw ????

Anyway I have a full time career outside the game, I have 5 kids, I have a whole plethora of other interests. If I am going to respect talking heads in the NFL media who make a living on this, I expect them to know a hell of a lot more about these draft prospects than I do. Schager clearly doesn't, he's just parroting what he has been told and formed opinion on hearsay. I'm picking on him a little here but honestly he's just highlighting what wrong with the mainstream media, none of us on this forum should be able to put together a better draft than these "experts" because that's their job.

Not at all. I was joking about the character hit job. I would like to see us address the OL. Not saying it has to be at #18, but if we did, it's hard to argue that it isn't needed and won't help Tua if it gives him better protection.

Better trade up from #18 to say #14 for Slater than to take Slater outright @6.

I can live with a Pitts/Smith/Chase @6 and Slater @14(via a trade up). It's not what i would do but i can live with it if the Dolphins drafted that way.

I love the player just not at #6.

Even with that said that pick is only made from someone who doesn’t know anything about the team. Grier/Flores are obsessed with physical requirements for positions, just one look at our current line tells you they like huge men. Slater is nowhere near the size minimums.

Since he does not fit our profile nor many other teams it is believed he will have to move inside and his best position may be at Center which we do need.

I see zero chance we are taking a Tackle at #6 in order to convert him to a Center.
Now Najee at #18, I’m warming up to that idea.
Exactly. Slater is really good, but at 6-3 some teams will view him as a high end guard.

If Miami goes tackle early, which I doubt, Sewell would be the guy.

Even at wide receiver, the Dolphins may prefer Chase over Smith due to size.

Which tells you all you need to know about Schager. I have been having a heated debate with Simon Clancy on twitter about this. He doesn't seem to think Schager is clueless and didn't just put out a mock based on what people told him rather than doing some actual research into the players himself. Honestly if you are in the media and put out a Mock, this is literally your job, spend some time watching film assessing team needs and history (simple stuff like we took 2 tackles just last year in rounds one and two).

He had Davis Mills going to Tampa at 32 !! That's a massive reach and really, you think Brady or one of the oldest coaches in the league in Bruce Arenas is going to sign off on developing a young reach guy with your only first round pick, rather than getting someone like Toney, either Moore, one of the 3 top running back, a young edge or another depth OL, players that can actually help you this year in your win now window ? Simon thinks that's a great pick btw ????

Anyway I have a full time career outside the game, I have 5 kids, I have a whole plethora of other interests. If I am going to respect talking heads in the NFL media who make a living on this, I expect them to know a hell of a lot more about these draft prospects than I do. Schager clearly doesn't, he's just parroting what he has been told and formed opinion on hearsay. I'm picking on him a little here but honestly he's just highlighting what wrong with the mainstream media, none of us on this forum should be able to put together a better draft than these "experts" because that's their job.
It got a huge reaction, which is a win for the media.

But I agree. Do some research on teams first.

It got a huge reaction, which is a win for the media.

But I agree. Do some research on teams first.

Yep he achieved what he set out to. But these talking heads need to take a longer term view, which they never seem to do. Putting out something like this shows how clueless you are, people aren't going to trust what you write or say. Bit like Mando and Omar, the first thing we do when they write something is question the source. He should have done what his other GMFB co-presenters there did and that's not bother putting one out there because they clearly don't have the knowledge of the draft class to do so. That's Schager basically, just because you talk to people in the league doesn't make you an expert on how the draft will play out.

Yep he achieved what he set out to. But these talking heads need to take a longer term view, which they never seem to do. Putting out something like this shows how clueless you are, people aren't going to trust what you write or say. Bit like Mando and Omar, the first thing we do when they write something is question the source. He should have done what his other GMFB co-presenters there did and that's not bother putting one out there because they clearly don't have the knowledge of the draft class to do so. That's Schager basically, just because you talk to people in the league doesn't make you an expert on how the draft will play out.
On the other hand, I do like the Davis Mills pick at #32 for TB. Yes, it's maybe a round early, but I really like his upside.

At some point, the Bucs have to start preparing for life after Brady.

On the other hand, I do like the Davis Mills pick at #32 for TB. Yes, it's maybe a round early, but I really like his upside.

At some point, the Bucs have to start preparing for life after Brady.
The point is they are in win now. The HC and QB are here for one possibly two more seasons, why would they be interested in developing a QB ? The smart thing to do is to take someone that can enhance what you already have, someone you can win now with. Worry about a QB in a year or two when you are looking at ripping it down and starting again.

The point is they are in win now. The HC and QB are here for one possibly two more seasons, why would they be interested in developing a QB ? The smart thing to do is to take someone that can enhance what you already have, someone you can win now with. Worry about a QB in a year or two when you are looking at ripping it down and starting again.
That's a great point, but as Miami fans we've seen an organization that wasn't prepared when Marino left. Year after year looking for the right quarterback.

You can still draft a quarterback and make other moves for 2021.

Back
Top Bottom