Schager's Mock - I would puke if we did this | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schager's Mock - I would puke if we did this

That's a great point, but as Miami fans we've seen an organization that wasn't prepared when Marino left. Year after year looking for the right quarterback.

You can still draft a quarterback and make other moves for 2021.

IF I'm TB and determined to take a QB in this draft to develop, I wait till round 3 at the earliest, at that point you may have Trask, Mond and Mills still on the board, I'm not wasting a first on one because I need to win now and I can get someone who will help immediately. They've not re-signed Brown yet, if they are looking for another wideout there's a ton of talent that will be there like Toney, Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Dyami Brown, Eskridge, St. Brown, even Marshall and Bateman maybe still on the board.

IF I'm TB and determined to take a QB in this draft to develop, I wait till round 3 at the earliest, at that point you may have Trask, Mond and Mills still on the board, I'm not wasting a first on one because I need to win now and I can get someone who will help immediately. They've not re-signed Brown yet, if they are looking for another wideout there's a ton of talent that will be there like Toney, Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Dyami Brown, Eskridge, St. Brown, even Marshall and Bateman maybe still on the board.
I'd try to balance winning now and long-term, which is hard to do.

Yes, if I could get Trask or Mills late round two, that would be ideal. Don't have a good feel for where they will go, but Mills could pay off big.

Wouldn't want to miss on some of those receivers like Toney or E. Moore that you mentioned.

I'd also start looking at replacements for expensive vets like David, Gronk etc.

Seriously we moved up to take Slater ? And Cards trade up to take Pitts right after us !!

I hope he's not right.
he was just looking for some shock value, think of it as click bait

Schrager's mock 2.0 much better now, kind of to the point of being rather boring as it's the same as many others for us at least.

Anyway real reason I bumped this is because in Mock draft live, Peter admits to not watching tape and his whole mock is based on gossip and hearsay. Something which I accused him of on twitter but was told by Simon "you know" Clancy (btw if you are looking for a drinking game, take a small sip every time you hear that phrase in his pods :) ) that I didn't have a clue. Who knew !!

Back
Top Bottom