Schein: Dolphins Set Up for Sustained Success | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schein: Dolphins Set Up for Sustained Success

MD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of disappointment that the Dolphins have not been getting recognized by the national media after 3 weeks of impressive football. As this week transitions into week 4, I am not surprised to see the accolades starting to roll in, after all they are playing the Saints on MNF, a game that features the only 3-0 teams matching up this weekend.

Well, here's a shocker that is going to floor most of you. Adam Schein is confessing to mistakingly dismissing the Dolphins in the pre season and actually writes a nice piece about Tannehill and the future of the franchise. Enjoy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...d-miami-dolphins-set-up-for-sustained-success

Yes, it was only Week 3, but it had the feel of a statement week. And no team made a bigger statement than the Miami Dolphins. No player made a bigger statement than young franchise quarterback Ryan Tannehill.
That's right: Ryan Tannehill, franchise quarterback. Get used it. And get used to the winning going on in South Florida.

Great article, Schein is usually a big time hater, looks like he's jumping on the wagon

Good selling cures all the problems a company is having

Winning cures all the problems a sports entity is having

Sex cures all the marital problems a couple is having

That right there are my keys to success.

Remember how everyone discredited him earlier?

I don't get too excited either way when the media reports because they are not great at predicting future success and it's pretty easy to dissect & criticize the past.

To Mr. Schein's credit he owned up to his wrong picks.

I think the way the collective bargaining agreement was set up, has helped with the long term success of teams within the NFL. Not having to pay a rookie or top 5-10 draftee $50M-$60M in his 1st contract has changed the landscape of the NFL. This allows team to be able to mange cap situations alot better than under the old agreement. It looks like in the first 3 years since the agreement was reached, most teams who've struggled to be relevant have made improvements and are competing better. Miami was in cap hell for several years before the new contract, but, ever since, they've salary purged; they've become better at cap management. By not having to pay those enormous 1st contract salaries to Tannehill and Jordan has allowed them to surround them with other players or pieces to set the team up for sustained success, especially now that Ryan Tannehill has seemingly taken the next step to a much bigger contract in 3 more years. It allows the team to more evenly distribute the money amongst a larger group of players who are in their 2nd contracts with the Dolphins.

Why talk **** about them in the preseason to begin with if you're going to change your mind 3 weeks into the season? Get out of here with this article.

I hate this guy - so for me, while he's right, it boils down to being "the broken clock syndrome." It's not that he's not entitled to his opinions, but in the past, he's played fast and loose with what seem like vitriolic arbitrary and unrealistic attacks on our franchise. Some have written it off as him just being an unabashed jest homer (no matter what he claims since actions speak louder than words). In this instance I still say **** him.. as "one right doesn't make up for countless wrongs"

Nice article but when Ryan has one bad game he'll change his tone once again.

Can't stand Schein, but I love that he ate crow .... or "dirty bird" as was the case.

He's still a Jamie Dukes sized douche. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom