Schiano Abruptly Resigns From Patriots' Staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schiano Abruptly Resigns From Patriots' Staff

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
Greg Schiano abruptly resigns from Patriots' staff

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Greg Schiano is stepping down from his position on the New England Patriots' coaching staff, citing a "need to spend more time on my faith and family."

Schiano, whose hire had never been officially announced by the club, announced his decision Thursday in a joint statement with coach Bill Belichick.

"This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family," Schiano said. "I don't want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities."

Schiano was hired by the Patriots less than two months ago, although the team never specified what his role would be. It was widely assumed he would play a lead role on defense as the club replaced playcaller Brian Flores, who was hired as Miami Dolphins head coach after the season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26382138/schiano-abruptly-resigns-patriots-staff

2177598_0

Back
Top Bottom