Schottenheimer fired by Seattle, any interest? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schottenheimer fired by Seattle, any interest?

Not interested in Schotty. I don’t really follow Seattle very well, so take this info with that in mind. From what I understand, Seattle was good on O when the running game was working. When that ceased, fans and sportscasters echoed the cry to “unchain” Wilson and let him sling it (sound familiar). Unfortunately, Wilson was erratic after the great unchaining (again, familiar), at which point Carrol forced the running game again out of necessity. Too similar to what we have already seen here with Tua. Just say no.

Why not kick the tires? Bring him in and pick his brain.

15fedb6e818b060d9ca08b3c6796cd71.gif

That offense was clicking early, for whatever reason Carroll told him he wanted it more run centric, possibly to save a defense that was playing poorly. The problem that I am hearing is that their offensive line is not the best at run blocking and the backs were either nicked up (Carson) or not talented enough (Penny). So it boiled down to differences in philosophy.

Hey sign me up for the Seattle Offense that started the year with a like QB (size wise anyways), the one that had Wilson as the MVP favorite at the mid point of the season. Hey this guy was just a hot candidate for a HC position, still young and looking to redeem himself.

That guy has had more chances to run a bad O than most in the NFL. He was poor with the Jets, poor with the Rams, and arguably poor with the Seahawks.

and I root for him because I think his dad was a really good coach

Back
Top Bottom