Schrager's Mock Phins go all O In Rd 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schrager's Mock Phins go all O In Rd 1

If Miami's worst position group, why wait until r2 to try to rebuild it when Miami has notoriously struggled to fix it.
GREAT POST. MIami has struggled massively on the line. They need to get younger, more versatile and no settle. The 2nd round mentality stems from the JJ days, and got carried over to Wanny.

To do that. Miami would have to be confident that they could find a starting right tackle in round 2. By drafting Tua, that would be a priority over left tackle.

Ruggs and Swift are playmakers for sure and Tua's familiarity with Ruggs would be a positive.

If Miami's worst position group, why wait until r2 to try to rebuild it when Miami has notoriously struggled to fix it.

There's plenty of value on the Oline in round 2, likely that we will miss out on the top 4 tackles at 18. Jones at 18 is a bit of a reach, he could be gone at 26 but Niang, Jackson, Peart, Charles, Wilson and Prince Tega are all worthwhile prospects that could fill the need at tackle. For Center there are plenty of round 2 guys, Ruiz could drop there, Hennessy and Cushenberry are also going to be there. The Guard class is pretty weak none are worthy of a first round selection.

I don't think this is a bad mock at all, having said that I would personally use 26 there to take Jones if he's available if not I'm looking at Austin Jackson, or Niang (depending on the medical, which in the current climate is tough). I think a top WR at 18 should definitely be a consideration for us, despite the emergence of Williams and Parker, I think we are still missing another and I would like to see us cut Wilson who's simply not worth the pay check he's in line for. For RB I'm comfortable with the depth in this class to put this decision off until later rounds, don't think you need to use a first here.

I would hate that Draft to a significant degree.

Ruggs is overrated and RB in Round 1 is against my Religon.

There is no way Ruggs would be BPA at 18. No way.

Calling Swift a Ferrari is an insult to Ferrari's.I would much rather have Akers for a 3rd or Moss for a 4th than Swift for a 1st.

And Ruggs is going to be the next in a long like of over valued WR's with eye popping 40 times.

Without an good OL both would be stuck in the shop, up on a lift.

WR's and RB's are a LUXURY until you have a solid OL and a QB.Build and OlL and find your QB and it is much easier to then go find your "Ferrari's", especially when "Porsche's" will do just fine.

I agree that the OL needs to be fixed but it won't get fixed by reaching for it. If the right OT is there then of course you draft him but gotta be careful about drafting one just to draft one

Drafting a WR and a RB in round one and not drafting a tackle or guard makes no sense at all. The WR position is not a position of need and there are very good RB’s they can draft in the later rounds. Hopefully
other than Tua, this is not the players the Dolphins take in the first round.

I’ve been going back and forth on this. My feeling is I can’t bypass elite skilled players to draft average offensive lineman. How much difference is there between OL selections at 18 and 26 and 39 and 56? The one caveat for me is I’m not convinced Swift or any RB in the draft is elite. I’m 100% sold on Ruggs. If Miami feels a running back is elite I’ve zero problems with this approach.

exactly. posters here want to criticize Tua's injuries but don't want to protect him? I mean does anyone think about the fact that for 20 plus years Mia has had mediocre linemen. What the OP doesn't realize that with quality linemen, you can get the same results with your 2nd rd RB and WR, with having an explosive offense
I've seen at least a hundred posts that says Tagovailoa isn't prone to injuries.

I agree that the OL needs to be fixed but it won't get fixed by reaching for it. If the right OT is there then of course you draft him but gotta be careful about drafting one just to draft one

Yeah, if you miss on Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, and Becton, whoever is available at 26 should be about as good as whoever is there at 18. It might also be true of 39, but I'd rather be looking at my 2nd OT at 39.

I don't think Miami will do it, but WR is likely the play at 18, assuming they can't trade down.

Terrible mock.

Need OL if we draft Tua, or Herbert.
Fitz would also want O-line for next season, since he will be the starter. Peter Schrager is quite good on TV, but I think he's totally wrong about drafting a sexy pick in a speedster like Ruggs. Unless we cough up big $ and a decent draft pick to the Redskins for Trent Williams, we need to invest a high pick in an Offensive Tackle.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you miss on Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, and Becton, whoever is available at 26 should be about as good as whoever is there at 18. It might also be true of 39, but I'd rather be looking at my 2nd OT at 39.

I don't think Miami will do it, but WR is likely the play at 18, assuming they can't trade down.
I'd say that a WR will be the BPA at 18 but I'll understand if they don't want to draft one there. I know we need help at OT.

Agree with this 1000%
In addition to above-
The teams behind us — 19- 25 - for most part don’t have OT needs.
Don’t pass on elite talent for an average OT or for a “potential” guy.

Whoever is available at #18 may also be available at # 26- teams 19-25 not high OT needs:
Raiders- Miller/ Brown
Jags- Robinson- Lewan
Eagles- Dillard- L johnson
Vikes- Reilly - ONeill — possible spot-
Pats- Wynn- Cannon- possible spot
Saints-Armstead - Ramzyk
Vikes - See above.
I see only Vikes and NE as possibles but Vikes have greater needs at WR CB S-
NE- probably better served at other positions.

At #18 I think it’s important to stick with your board.

Back
Top Bottom