Schrager's Mock Phins go all O In Rd 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schrager's Mock Phins go all O In Rd 1

As much as I like Ruggs, I cant see them not taking a OT in the first round.

Big fan of Schrager, big fan of Ruggs, but not this mock. If we stay at 5, 18 has to be OT. I’m almost tempted to say 26 has to be OT too

Right. Ruggs at #18 makes no sense. Nice player, love the speed but not BPA nor a big need.

Also, I’m far past tired seeing Swift mocked to MIA. He’s not even the best RB available. Even if he was, the difference is negligible and the Dolphins would be far better off waiting til selection 39 for whichever RB is still on the board.

Right. Ruggs at #18 makes no sense. Nice player, love the speed but not BPA nor a big need.

Also, I’m far past tired seeing Swift mocked to MIA. He’s not even the best RB available. Even if he was, the difference is negligible and the Dolphins would be far better off waiting til selection 39 for whichever RB is still on the board.

I agree that Ruggs wouldn't be BPA, but a lot of people disagree with us. I wouldn't view it as a disaster pick - just a bit of a reach. I'd certainly prefer Ruggs to Kinlaw or Chaisson.

So many way this team could go with this draft. It's hard to tell who we might draft as it is right now(5,18,26,39,56) but if we were to trade up or down then it's even harder to tell of course. My preference would be to go heavy on offense for two reasons. First, we went heavy on defense during free agency but also, this draft is loaded with talent on offense way more than on defense imo. On top of that, you need a high scoring offense in the NFL these days. It's really hard to win it all with defense and no offense so we really need to work on it.

Our defense can use a FS and maybe even one more pass rusher.

Our offense needs a QB,RB one more WR with speed and then two OT's just to start. Could probably use another TE and help/depth at guard/center. Hard to get all that even with 14 picks(8 of those are 141 and lower) but we should work on some of it in this draft and get the rest in the next off season. Offense has to be the big priority in this draft.

I agree that Ruggs wouldn't be BPA, but a lot of people disagree with us. I wouldn't view it as a disaster pick - just a bit of a reach. I'd certainly prefer Ruggs to Kinlaw or Chaisson.

How is it a reach? Ruggs is uniquely special! If Simmons is not a reach at 5, neither is Ruggs.

Ruggs at 5 for me, that's what day 1 is for. Special talent. Not the Reagors of the world who run 4.6.

How is it a reach? Ruggs is uniquely special! If Simmons is not a reach at 5, neither is Ruggs.

Ruggs at 5 for me, that's what day 1 is for. Special talent. Not the Reagors of the world who run 4.6.

I think Ruggs would be a valuable addition, but he was battling to be the third option at Alabama. Lots to like, but the draft is about balancing risk and reward, and there's a really good chance Ruggs won't produce like a 1st Round WR. Because of the potential for big plays and the attention his speed demands, he could return 1st Round value without hitting 1st Round production expectations, but he's more of a late-1st, early-2nd for me.

The Top 10 talk doesn't make sense to me, and the Tyreek Hill comps are bad.

Your info on and opinion of Reagor are bad.

Ruggs being #3 at Bama (which he wasn’t) isn’t really a knock when you consider Jeudy is 2020 WR1 and Devonta is potentially 2021 WR1.

I would rather have Najee Harris or Travis Etienne than any RB in this this draft. None of this year’s RBs should go in the 1st round.

I would much rather have Reagor at 26 or 39 than Ruggs at 18, in fact I like Reagor more than Ruggs overall. I think he will be a better Pro.

I am just not taking WR at 18.

Especially when this is considered such a great WR Draft.

Use 18 on a more important position and then go WR at 26 or 39 or 56.

I am all for a mostly Offensive first 2 days of this Draft and I would like to add some speed to the WR Corps.

18 is just too early for me.It is a philosophy thing.

Ruggs being #3 at Bama (which he wasn’t) isn’t really a knock when you consider Jeudy is 2020 WR1 and Devonta is potentially 2021 WR1.

I would rather have Najee Harris or Travis Etienne than any RB in this this draft. None of this year’s RBs should go in the 1st round.

Ruggs was absolutely the 3rd option at Alabama - 400+ yards less than Jeudy and 500+ less than Smith. If you combine the disparities, it's more yards than Ruggs had in 2019. He played a complementary role. It's dangerous to expect him to play a bigger role in the NFL.

Totally agree.

Ruggs has one of the highest bust factors in this first round.

I would not have a 1st Round grade on him.

Wide receivers generally slide lower than expected. I don't see why this year would be any different. The league tried to get cute and reverse the trend a few years ago in the John Ross year. It hasn't worked out for the most part. Last two years no receivers in the top 20. It will be different this year but probably not to degree of expectation. I sure as heck wouldn't force anybody there or be convinced now way he continues to slide.

Other than Jeudy. If Jeudy falls then I'd make an exception and be aggressive. I could live with that mistake if he flopped.

Back
Top Bottom