Schulters to sign with the Pack![Thread title unsupported] | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schulters to sign with the Pack![Thread title unsupported]

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
I just got news from a friend of mine in Wisconsin that LAnce will go to pack As soon as thursday, the source says that a deal has been given out and Lance is excited, hardly i do not belive any of this crap but my friend says its in the Gannett wisconsin newspaper, if true Jim bates will make a good D in bay land, i just hope this is a rumor cuz i want LAnce to be a fish:(

ummm.... Maybe Bates wants Schulters to team up with Arturo Freeman but I'd like to see them stick Nick Collins at Free Safety and let him show what he can do.

Phinfanatic84 said:
ummm.... Maybe Bates wants Schulters to team up with Arturo Freeman but I'd like to see them stick Nick Collins at Free Safety and let him show what he can do.

I highly doubt that Collins will do the job good, i hate having raw rookies on secondary, i dont mind on d line but secondary is a lil whiffy

damn i really hope that this isn't true we need this guy he would make our secondy much more physical and he would shore up the secondary.

Safety is the least important position on the defense...why do you think its the lowest paid position. Our boyz will be fine in the secondary as long they can generate constant pressure on the quarterback with the front seven.

dominizzo said:
I highly doubt that Collins will do the job good, i hate having raw rookies on secondary, i dont mind on d line but secondary is a lil whiffy

Have you ever seen him play or are you going by something in a NFL draft magazine? He does need some coaching but he has good ball skills and playmakers make plays. Sure he might miss an assignment, even veteran's will make a few mistakes (Champ Bailey got beat deep alot last year) but there's a reason why Collins was a 2nd round pick out of the little known Bethune-Cookman. I'd rather have him take his lumps than have an aging, injury prone veteran who wants to "get paid" while only being to help for a year or two.

SinCityFinFan said:
Safety is the least important position on the defense...why do you think its the lowest paid position. Our boyz will be fine in the secondary as long they can generate constant pressure on the quarterback with the front seven.

Least important? It's the last line of defense. Good Safety play is a catalyst for a defense to be aggressive. Having an Ed Reed or Rodney Harrison can do wonders for your defensive scheme. Having a ball hawk at Safety will not only help the corners and force the QB to throw more horizontal passes but it make the QB check down further in his reads which will give the D-line a second or two longer to get to him. A really strong pass rush can alleviate some deficiencies at safety but it pretty much forces you to play a very basic 2-deep defense.[font=&quot][/font]

wouldnt that make 3 safeties they got...with the caliber of starting....Shulters, Freeman, and Earl Little if im not mistaken

Phinfanatic84 said:
Least important? It's the last line of defense. Good Safety play is a catalyst for a defense to be aggressive. Having an Ed Reed or Rodney Harrison can do wonders for your defensive scheme. Having a ball hawk at Safety will not only help the corners and force the QB to throw more horizontal passes but it make the QB check down further in his reads which will give the D-line a second or two longer to get to him. A really strong pass rush can alleviate some deficiencies at safety but it pretty much forces you to play a very basic 2-deep defense.[font=&quot][/font]
great post.

I to would have really loved to land Lance, but if not at least it shows that Saban is gonna stick to his guns and not over pay for FAs. He seems to understand the importance of hunting for bargains and knowing you can no longer play the offseason as if the year we are in is the only one that matters.

This upcoming season could still be a learning year. I really don't think we are gonna go from the 2nd worst record in the league to playoffs in one year. It COULD happen but would have to be looked at as a long shot. However if we show inprovement, combined with the idea that we will continue to be in solid cap position for years to come, it will make it easier to deal with. I would hate to EVER be in the position the Ravens were in a couple of years ago, or the position the Titians were in the past year. I really like the way Saban sees the big picture and doesn't overeact.

Back
Top Bottom