Score The Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Score The Play

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
How do you score the “Miami miracle”?
Thill gets 70 yards, one completion, and one touchdown, correct?
Do you then break up the yards? Stills gets about 15, Parker a couple and the Drake the rest? But with the laterals going backwards the 3 receiving totals will be more than the 70 Thill gets.

I was wondering the same thing. Didn't feel like looking at stats myself. I'm sure one of the great people here will let us know.

I read Stills gets the catch and 14 yards
Parker gets credit for no catch and 3 yards
Kenyan gets no catch and 52 yards and TD

I read Stills gets the catch and 14 yards
Parker gets credit for no catch and 3 yards
Kenyan gets no catch and 52 yards and TD
This is correct. If you read Drakes stats for the game, it has him with 1 catch for 55 yards with the longest play of 52 yards.

I'd have to check what the NFL scoring rule is for it, but I've been a college statistician, and here's how it is scored for college and high school.

Tannehill gets a pass attempt and completion for the entire yardage.

Stills gets a reception and receiving yardage until the point he pitched the ball.

Parker doesn't get a catch (he didn't catch a pass), but he gets receiving yardage for how far he advanced it beyond where Stills pitched it.

Drake gets no reception but gets receiving yardage for how far he advanced it beyond where Parker pitched it. He also gets a touchdown receiving.

New NFL rule:
- all four players involved get full credit for yardage. Therefore it was 236-yard play.
- Gronk gets a 236-69 yards deduction because he is an idiot and looked like an idiot.
- Belicheat gets a pay deduction of 69,000 for being an idiot thinking that a QB throws a hail mary from his own 25-yard line.
- Brady gets an NFL sanctioned orange and aqua painted 2x4 up his ass for being a poor loser.

This is ALL backwards as far as how they used to score the play.
Here's my take:
T-Hill to Stills=Pass yards for T-hill and reception yards for Stills.
Parker to get RUSHING yards from the lateral.
Drake gets RUSHING yards from the lateral and a RUSHING TD.

This is ALL backwards as far as how they used to score the play.
Here's my take:
T-Hill to Stills=Pass yards for T-hill and reception yards for Stills.
Parker to get RUSHING yards from the lateral.
Drake gets RUSHING yards from the lateral and a RUSHING TD.
That does make sense. If Parker and Stills do not get a catch, their yards would be rushing. But then Thill would get only the 14 yards to Stills as pass yards. THat was not how it was scored as far as total pass yards.

Back
Top Bottom