Scott Pioli on Hunter Long | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scott Pioli on Hunter Long

Most people wanting Pitts saw him as a TE/WR prospect. A once in a generation talent. Hunter Long is not that. But go on big brain. I know Finheaven gives the forum to feel superior.
Good thing you are above that kind of stuff...

I watched his highlights before draft and was impressed reminded me of Heath Miller just a tick faster
That’s a nice comparison and I agree on a tick faster. I would say he’s a plus athlete relative to him as well. Miami is building an offence not just acquiring individual players. This kid adds another dimension and can be brought along slowly given the depth at the position.

I loved the Long pick even though I was bummed we didn’t get a RB. Long was impossible to cover in college, the guy was always open, which is exactly what Tua needs. A seam guy who gets open is going to make Tua’s life so much easier. I specifically remember thinking “BC’s TE is unstoppable” the last few seasons. I also felt like ND’s OL was unreal last season, so I’m fired up about that pick as well.

I really am excited for our offense this year. Love the OL, and love the WR core. Looks to me like we went in a Chief’s direction - stout OL, loaded with speed at WR and now multiple TE threats. Obviously the Chiefs have an MVP qb and invested in RB, but they started their dominance with a RB we tossed aside. So I am hoping we get lucky there too. Gaskin has proven himself to be a legit back, and we just need another guy to compliment him. Real interested in how that position plays out over camp.

Pitts will be a pro bowl receiver, flawed argument by Pioli.
Multiple TEs can go to the Pro Bowl ya know, especially since they play in different conferences.

Who is REALLY the one with a flawed argument here?

Love how some of the loudest people that are crying about missing out on Kyle Pitts, are upset that we drafted a TE in the third round when it wasn't a need.
This narrative is ridiculous. They won't be doing the same things in the NFL.

Hunter Long will stay in there in block. Kyle Pitts wont be doing that and will targeted probably 2-3x more than Long.

Interesting quote from an actual pro scout and not a message board expert who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Lol

Lol and Jakeem grant is more of a real WR than Christian mccaffery but which one are you taking in the slot?

Silly

Hunter Long will stay in there in block. Kyle Pitts wont be doing that and will targeted probably 2-3x more than Long.
So Kyle Pitts is a WR then and not a TE?

Lol and Jakeem grant is more of a real WR than Christian mccaffery but which one are you taking in the slot?

Silly
Before I decide if it’s “silly” please state your scout experience and qualifications.

And Phil Simms once said Terry Bridgewater was gonna be a huge star
Phil Simms wasn’t a scout. Ever. Scott Pioli served as the Director - and later Vice President - of Player Personnel for the Patriots from 2001 to 2008 when the franchise won three Super Bowl championships. There’s a reason most of us have you on ignore.

Before I decide if it’s “silly” please state your scout experience and qualifications.
Taking a shot at Pitts for not being a traditional TE is silly.

I’ve been posting my opinion on finheaven for like 3 years and im right like 7% of the time. That’s my qualifications. If that’s not good enough for you I’ll go dig up all the resume requests from the NFL I’ve stowed away. I’m a hot commodity

Hunter Long will not “stay in there and block.” You’ve obviously not ever seen him play one down and just made that up. He was in fact the leading receiver for BC with nearly 60 catches in 11 games. Since you cannot do math or read, that’s over 5 receptions a game and over 12 yds per catch. FYI that’s more catches than Kyle Pitts in 2020. He was not drafted to block.

Taking a shot at Pitts for not being a traditional TE is silly.

I’ve been posting my opinion on finheaven for like 3 years and im right like 7% of the time. That’s my qualifications. If that’s not good enough for you I’ll go dig up all the resume requests from the NFL I’ve stowed away. I’m a hot commodity
The guy has THREE SB rings and been in the front office of 5-6 NFL teams. He didn’t say it to diss KP—he said it because this kid’s legit. KP isn’t a TE. Your accuracy percentage has now dropped to 6%. Lol

Back
Top Bottom