Scouting Our Former Hc And The Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouting Our Former Hc And The Jets

Well good news and bad news.

Bad News
Coaches that leave have a tremendous advantage playing their former team, even moreso than players playing their former team. Because they have a rolodex insane knowledge of what those players do well and do poorly, and to what things they can react and cannot react. So the bad news is that when Gase's New York Jets play us, they'll most likely make us look downright foolish, and a blowout is very possible, and losing to the Jets twice next year is fairly likely.

Good News
We're tanking anyway, so guaranteed losses are a good thing next year. Also, any new coach will systematically overhaul the roster with half or so of the roster changed in year 1, and probably 70% or more changed by the end of year 2. So yeah, we'll lose next year, regardless of whether you see that as "rebuilding," "tanking for Tua" or my personal favorite "failing for Fromm," it will be an acceptable time to lose games because it means the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a talented QB for the next decade and a half. But by that QB's rookie season in 2020, Gase's advantage over us will be minimal because of the drastic roster turnover that is bound to happen.

My Thoughts
In the end, Gase will sink or swim by his own ability. I happen to think he'll be a good Head Coach with a solid career. But, it doesn't come overnight. Good luck to Adam Gase. I'm sure he'll hold a grudge against us, and I understand why, but I do not presently hold a grudge against him. If he goes all Wes Welker and starts non-stop badmouthing us in the press, then I may change my mind. But, currently, I wish him well.

OK, let's get this sucking process over with so we can get to our next (hopefully very good) QB.

I know the Dolphins are bad, but how disfunctional are the Jets?

Bad News
Coaches that leave have a tremendous advantage playing their former team, even moreso than players playing their former team. Because they have a rolodex insane knowledge of what those players do well and do poorly, and to what things they can react and cannot react. So the bad news is that when Gase's New York Jets play us, they'll most likely make us look downright foolish, and a blowout is very possible, and losing to the Jets twice next year is fairly likely.

Good News
We're tanking anyway, so guaranteed losses are a good thing next year. Also, any new coach will systematically overhaul the roster with half or so of the roster changed in year 1, and probably 70% or more changed by the end of year 2. So yeah, we'll lose next year, regardless of whether you see that as "rebuilding," "tanking for Tua" or my personal favorite "failing for Fromm," it will be an acceptable time to lose games because it means the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a talented QB for the next decade and a half. But by that QB's rookie season in 2020, Gase's advantage over us will be minimal because of the drastic roster turnover that is bound to happen.

My Thoughts
In the end, Gase will sink or swim by his own ability. I happen to think he'll be a good Head Coach with a solid career. But, it doesn't come overnight. Good luck to Adam Gase. I'm sure he'll hold a grudge against us, and I understand why, but I do not presently hold a grudge against him. If he goes all Wes Welker and starts non-stop badmouthing us in the press, then I may change my mind. But, currently, I wish him well.

OK, let's get this sucking process over with so we can get to our next (hopefully very good) QB.

Gase wasn’t even able to use his rolodex to tailor his offense to what his players did well or poorly when he was the Dolphins head coach. That’s part of the reason he’s now the Jets head coach.

Bad News

Good News

My Thoughts

You understand why he may hold a grudge against us, and you wish him well. After all the ignorant decisions he made personnel-wise, not being able to deal with certain personalities, not getting competition for Tannehill, not getting a true O.C., not getting rid of Matt Burke, ect.,ect.,ect. Are you kidding me? Screw Gase and screw the Jets. How in the hell can a Miami fan root for anything positive for the Jets, and in the same breath root for a Coach that assisted in setting us back years as well. Not questioning your fandom, I just could never understand where you are coming from to feel that way.

You understand why he may hold a grudge against us, and you wish him well. After all the ignorant decisions he made personnel-wise, not being able to deal with certain personalities, not getting competition for Tannehill, not getting a true O.C., not getting rid of Matt Burke, ect.,ect.,ect. Are you kidding me? Screw Gase and screw the Jets. How in the hell can a Miami fan root for anything positive for the Jets, and in the same breath root for a Coach that assisted in setting us back years as well. Not questioning your fandom, I just could never understand where you are coming from to feel that way.
I've made mistakes before, and if someone gave up on me I'd feel the same way he does. It's hard for me to hold a different standard for him than I do for myself.

That said, if it were me I'd like to think that I would realize that the Dolphins decision was fair, three years promised with a judgement at the end, and that's exactly what he got. He had a losing record, one playoff game which he lost, and a team that was trending down and a locker room he was losing. I wouldn't fault the Dolphins for the decision … but I'd hold onto that feeling of how they pinned it all on me and gave up on me, and I'd use that to prove they made the wrong decision giving up on me.

If Gase comes out and just trashes the Dolphins organization and Ross and then tries to blame the Dolphins for things going wrong, I may reconsider. Probably because that's not the sort of thing I like to think I would do in that instance. But for me, I hold myself to a certain standard, and I'm not going to be more harsh on someone else than I would be on myself. Just my personal point of view.

Everyone has their own point of view, and I respect yours. Thank you for voicing your point of view.

Bad News

Good News

My Thoughts

That would be operating under the assumption that gase has anything at all to do with a defensive scheme...

And from what he showed here, he wasn’t great at capitalizing on opposing defenses weaknesses either. In 48 games, his team put up over 30 points in regulation 5 times.

He was decent at winning close games, but just to echo what everyone has been saying, an offensive juggernaut; he is not.

Honestly, I thought Gase had potential. There's a part of me that believes he could succeed in NY. But, he has to make some serious changes. First, you can't be buddy buddy with the players. They won't respect you. Also, he needs to use the talents of his best players. That was one of the most frustrating aspects of his coaching. That and not sticking to the run when it was working.

Let's see what happens.

Richards is going to have our defense trashing Gasy’s offense! I am fine with Miami going 2-14 this year as long as both wins are against the Jets!
I'll need two more wins vs Buffalo.

I want to see if Gase will use TE's and RB's to block DE's, one on one, like he was doing the last few games in Miami. This has me intrigued. I want to see if his ego travels north?

screw gase. I'm still waiting for that tempo offense he said he would run.....our offense moved slower than all the other ones.....snapping the ball with 1 second left most of the time and running the least amount of plays on offense......guru?....lol

Back
Top Bottom