Scouting Report on the Dolphins by Indy Star | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouting Report on the Dolphins by Indy Star

Edge isn't that much faster. If you want to get statistical Edgerrin didn't have a carry over 30 yards in 2000.

Originally posted by chambers84

The only reason you can label Edgerrin James as better than Ricky Williams, is because Peyton Manning has one of the best play-action-fakes in the league. Teams never know whetther they are running or passing. I would have to say they are equal, hell they are the same size, same quickness, and same haircut. BUT Ricky doesn't have a former torn ACL on his injury list.

Edge probably has ten times better field vision than Ricky will ever have. He uses his vision with near perfection, while cutting the grain of a defense. He is definetely one of the best backs in the league (lets see how the ACL holds up).

I'm happy as could be to have the caliber Rb as Ricky Williams on my favorite team, but to date he is most definetely a notch below the Edge, and even admits it!

As for the play action, well thats a good point, now lets see how it helps RW's, because a Norv Turner offense uses plenty of it......

QB - INDY
Manning by far.

RBs - MIA
Only because Edge is unknown coming back and we've got Edwards and Minor on the bench...they've got nothing. Edge is the best here.

FBs - MIA

WRs - TIE
Harrison/Ismail/Wayne
Chambers/Gasden/Ward/McKnight
Harrison is the best. But don't sell Gadsden short vs Ismail. Qadry only has 7 more TDs despite playing 5 more seasons. Just imagine Manning throwing to our WRs. See, we're prolly better.

TEs - MIA
Pollard is the best here. But Showtime/D. Clark/Weaver all beat out Wiggins.

OL - TIE
Indy has always had a a nice OL. But I heard they got pushed around Sunday. And we looked strong against one of the best DL's in the league. Nails and Dixon are upgrades. And a healthier Todd Perry and Wade help as well. We could have the advantage here.

OC's - MIA
Tom Moore is a very good coordiantor. But Norv works magic wherever he goes. He's among the elite.

Bottom Line - it's closer than you think. If we had a really good QB, it'd be very interesting. Maybe Ray Lucas?? I can't wait to see how Jay performs the next few weeks. IMO, it still comes down to him. If he steps up and improves, we're golden.

I agree Muck..Edge is the product of a good system with a good OC and QB..Harrison also takes a lot of pressure off Edge..They have balance in those 4...If ricky would have been in Indy, he too might have the sats Edge has...but Edge does have better vison and fakes a defender out, whereas Ricky rather run over the person..Ricky at his present weight seems quicker this year and we might see him shake a couple of people..With his new bf coach..he may change his style a little to get extra yards..time will tell..hopefully he stays healthy and we see.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Reggie Wayne fought a high ankle sprain all through last year and still caught only 21 less passes than our very own "superstar" Chris Chambers. He's vastly improved during the offseason and is now a solid #3 WR...probably better than Dedric Ward.

Edgerrin James if healthy is better than Ricky Williams. He's better than every back in the league except Marshall Faulk. Don't forget we're talking about a guy who led the league in rushing his first two years in the league. Even Ricky Williams says that when healthy Edge is just plain the better back, because he's faster.

The offensive coordinator there turned little known Dominic Rhodes into a 1000 yard rusher when Edge went down with injury.

So let me get this straight. Their #1 WR is better than our #1, their #2 is better than our #2 WR, their #3 is probably better than our #3 WR, their RB is better than our RB, their TE is better than our TE, their OL is better than our OL, and their QB is far far far FAR better than our QB....and I'm supposed to believe we're close to them just cuz our FB is better than theirs and our offensive coordinator MAY be better than theirs?

ya know, you can talk all day about whos better than who. but if "whoever" fumbles the ball, that could cost them the game. and i dont care how many weapons you have on offense, if you have no defense, you will suck! period. the only thing the colts have going for them is that they play in a tiddleywinks division. whoever turns teh ball over more and controls the ball more, will win. thats us! indy doesnt know how to control the ball. they just strike fast and then hope and pray that their defense can actually hold up. which they cant.

dolphins 35
colts 21

I don't think Edge is a product of a good system. That guy is SERIOUS. I saw him every year in high school. The guy is unreal. He never lifted weights until college. And yet all my buddies say was by far the hardest hitting PLAYER they ever faced in high school. Even my buddy who ended Edge's junior year. Immokalee sucked whenever Edge got hurt. He was a one-man team. Un-freaking-stoppable. Trust me, Edge is probably a better RB than Manning is a QB. And Manning is an elite QB.

Back
Top Bottom