Scouting Report on the Dolphins by Indy Star | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouting Report on the Dolphins by Indy Star

The Colts are scared, and they should be....

We have more weapons on offense than they do now, and our defense is highly superior to theirs....

Calling O. Gadsden the "Colt Kiler", made me laugh....

After Sunday, they'll be naming three or four "Colt Killers"....

PHINZ RULE!!!

EB,

i love that signature, it made me laugh out loud!

roflmao

Miami is only a half a point better than Indy. I dont get that. Why is the line Indy by 2.5

I thought for sure it would change by the end of the week but its the same.

I like Miami but saying that Miami has more weapons on offense now is just plain insane. Edgerrin James basically looked like his old self against Jacksonville. If Marcus Pollard was playing and healthy he's still better than ROOKIE Randy McMichael I don't give a rats @ss how exciting he is and how many times he gives us the shimmy. Marvin Harrison is the most consistent WR in the NFL PERIOD. Did you know that no WR in NFL history, not even Jerry Rice, has caught more passes than Marvin Harrison in their first 6 seasons in the league? Its true. And Qadry Ismail, I may not like him as a #1 WR, but he's a decent #2 WR and the Colts have basically already shown that if you concentrate on taking away Marvin Harrison then Qadry Ismail can and WILL burn you.

Oh, and are we forgetting about Peyton Manning? You know, the smartest QB in football right now (as per Zach Thomas). Fiedler over Manning? Whatever the hell someone slipped in your drink I want some.

But luckily for us as superior as their offensive weaponry is to ours, our defense is far superior to theirs...especially in the DL and the Secondary.

"But luckily for us as superior as their offensive weaponry is to ours, our defense is far superior to theirs...especially in the DL and the Secondary."

And that CK is why we've beaten them the last 3 times...

CK i agree that the Colts do have one of the most explosive offense in the league however you forgot some things...Peyton is way better than Jay..Both are improving but Manning just has better talent and smarts...ADVANTAGE INDY

EJ looked like his old self against Jacksonville but so did Ricky..i don't see a definite advantage here for any team...TIE

At Wideout i agree that Marvin Harrison is dynamite and Ismail is a good number 2..However you forgot to mention the rest!"!Reggie Wayne is a big timebust at number 3 and they lost Pathon this offseason so after the top 2 there isnt much..Whereas the fins have 4 solid wideouts...Close call but because of Harrison award goes to Indy..ADVANTAGE INDY

Forgot to mention FB where the Fins are better with the emerging duo of Dyer and Konrad..The colts have??? ADVANTAGE MIAMI

TE Pollard doesnt impress me much but definitely has been in the league longer than R-Mac who as u said only played one game...
ADVANTAGE INDY

The most important thing that you forgot to mention though is Norv Turner...i know this is old but he's a great offensive coordinator and even with minimal talent can do damage...ADVANTAGE MIAMI

All in all i think it is way closer than most people think...Our Offense improved a whole lot this offseason..on the flip side their D isnt as bad as most people think...In the end i see a 27-24 Fin win
:goof:

Reggie Wayne fought a high ankle sprain all through last year and still caught only 21 less passes than our very own "superstar" Chris Chambers. He's vastly improved during the offseason and is now a solid #3 WR...probably better than Dedric Ward.

Edgerrin James if healthy is better than Ricky Williams. He's better than every back in the league except Marshall Faulk. Don't forget we're talking about a guy who led the league in rushing his first two years in the league. Even Ricky Williams says that when healthy Edge is just plain the better back, because he's faster.

The offensive coordinator there turned little known Dominic Rhodes into a 1000 yard rusher when Edge went down with injury.

So let me get this straight. Their #1 WR is better than our #1, their #2 is better than our #2 WR, their #3 is probably better than our #3 WR, their RB is better than our RB, their TE is better than our TE, their OL is better than our OL, and their QB is far far far FAR better than our QB....and I'm supposed to believe we're close to them just cuz our FB is better than theirs and our offensive coordinator MAY be better than theirs?

We've beaten them the last 3 times because basically there isn't a single starter on their defense who could beat a single starter on our defense for a job.

I think we've beaten them because we seem to have Peyton's number...He hasnt played very well against us..Whereas EJ has run all over us...
EJ coming back from injury is better than Ricky?? i still think that is questionable because Ricky fits our O so well..Marshall Faulk is a great back but he wouldnt be as effective in Miami than in St Louis..A lot depends on the environment scheme etc...I still think it's a tie...
Reggie Wayne hasnt proved that he is better than Dedric Ward who has Heart and Character...If you'd ask most NFL people whom they'd rather have on their team most of them would say Dedric because of all the other stuff he brings (locker room presence ...team attitude ...ferocious blocking etc..) Reggie Wayne might have more pure talent(which he hasnt yet completely fufilled) but no way he as of sunday is a better 3rd WR than Dedric..
James Mcknight had what 59 catches last year does that make him better than Dedric?Not in coach Wanny's eyes and not in most football people?? Dedric all the way...

How can an offensive coordinator turn a player into a 1000 yds rusher ??? Dominic Rhodes has talent and filling in for EJ he just made use of it ..granted the OC played a part but not a big one...

And if you want to have that argument look at all the players that Norv has turned into 1000 yds rushers or receivers...lot more than the Colts coordinator..

I happened to have money on the colts game so i was tuning in and out with the miami game ( i luv NFL sunday ticket) and found it obvious that our O-Line did a great job against one of the BEST DL in the league (detroit) whereas the colts O-line wasnt particularly impressive...Judging on last years Offense the colts is far superior but this is a new year with a new offensive coordinator , a new RB and a revamped O-Line...Sunday will certainly be interseting to see who's right..:goof:

Edgerrin James if healthy is better than Ricky Williams. He's better than every back in the league except Marshall Faulk. Don't forget we're talking about a guy who led the league in rushing his first two years in the league. Even Ricky Williams says that when healthy Edge is just plain the better back, because he's faster.

[/B]

The only reason you can label Edgerrin James as better than Ricky Williams, is because Peyton Manning has one of the best play-action-fakes in the league. Teams never know whetther they are running or passing. I would have to say they are equal, hell they are the same size, same quickness, and same haircut. BUT Ricky doesn't have a former torn ACL on his injury list.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I like Miami but saying that Miami has more weapons on offense now is just plain insane. Edgerrin James basically looked like his old self against Jacksonville. If Marcus Pollard was playing and healthy he's still better than ROOKIE Randy McMichael I don't give a rats @ss how exciting he is and how many times he gives us the shimmy. Marvin Harrison is the most consistent WR in the NFL PERIOD. Did you know that no WR in NFL history, not even Jerry Rice, has caught more passes than Marvin Harrison in their first 6 seasons in the league? Its true. And Qadry Ismail, I may not like him as a #1 WR, but he's a decent #2 WR and the Colts have basically already shown that if you concentrate on taking away Marvin Harrison then Qadry Ismail can and WILL burn you.

Oh, and are we forgetting about Peyton Manning? You know, the smartest QB in football right now (as per Zach Thomas). Fiedler over Manning? Whatever the hell someone slipped in your drink I want some.

But luckily for us as superior as their offensive weaponry is to ours, our defense is far superior to theirs...especially in the DL and the Secondary.

problem with Indy is that they have become one dimensional like the Rams. even with edge james, they dont have good balance. not like they have in the past anyways. and i disagree about he is back to past form. 26 carries and 99 yards is not back to form. sorry. this was the jags, this wasnt the Patriots or Raiders.

Back
Top Bottom