Scouting the Iowa Hawkeyes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouting the Iowa Hawkeyes

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone besides me think Nick Saban was making mental notes on the players he saw on that Iowa team? I think it is very possible that one of those Iowa players will find his way onto Nick's draft board in April.

Jonathan Babineaux - I don't know if this guy fits what Nick wants to do defensively, but he sure is a heck of a player. He's undersized, but he showed tremendous strenght and leverage in the game against LSU. He looks like your typical Tony Dungy, one gap style of defensive tackle. He's very quick into the backfield and can really run. He may be a similar player to Rod Coleman in Atlanta.

Matt Roth - This guy is an all effort guy with a very quick first step off the line. He gets into the backfield and makes things happen. Roth is a defensive end prospect who will be able to stay at that position in the NFL. He held up very well against the run against a very strong running team in LSU.

Greg Lewis - The senior and less heraled linebacker of a great trio, but this guy was laying some lumber in that game. Lewis was very active and showed tremendous awareness to where he was on the field. Could be a possible late round guy that makes it as a special teams player and reserve linebacker.

Clinton Solomon - This is a wide receiver that came up with some big catches for Iowa in this game. He's got good size and runs good routes.

Back
Top Bottom