Scouts inc. Chat - Good outlook | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouts inc. Chat - Good outlook

Puffboy(ricky)

MVP sextoy
Reaction score
cg illinois: How will the Dolphin defense do this year with the off season changes? It appears they should get pressure on the QB every play, but no secondary?

clear.gif
Gary Horton: (11:39 AM ET ) Nick Saban is an outstanding defensive coach ... and you're right, he knows how to put pressure on opposing QBs. Even though the secondary looks like it's dramatically weakened, when you have a great pass-rush, it takes pressure off those guys b/c you don't have to hold your coverages as long. The pressure from the fron-7 will get to the opposing QBs and mask their deficiencies in the secondary. That's what the Dolphins are counting on. This defense will probably play better and smarter than their talent level would indicate b/c od Nick Saban's brilliance.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying our secondary is "DRAMATICALLY" weakend.

Syrtain will be missed absolutly... but if Tebucky goes back to SS (like expected)... I see him and Sammy Knight on equal playing field.

The problem is at FS we simply don't have an NFL stater on the roster IMO, maybe Travis Daniels could play there but i'm sure sure he has the size to play FS in the pros i think that has to be something to target after the june 1st cuts

I think both s spots are scary, we'll see and maybe he's right that the secondary won't need to be as strong will the possible awesome passrush we should have

I think to many people are to worried about the FS position... how many CB have been moved there with success... Heck even Arturo Freeman did out moving from the SS spot to FS...

FS isn't as tough as a position to field than the CB spots are.

IF there is a concern there... I'm sure Saban will make sure it's addressed before camp.

i wouldnt worry too much bout our secondary, remember Bilichick won a superbowl with rookies and a WR in the secondary, and Saban is a product of Bilichick and his coaching, so i wouldnt worry to much.

Maybe Yeremiah Bell may stand out at safety. Was he strong or free?

Hopefully Madison can get back to his old form.

Man I'm going to miss our dynamic duo, but it was the right move for the team.

I agre Tebucky was a good pickup, but its fair to say we are dramatically weakened. We lost 3 starters, and all we have left is Madison who has been declining some the last few years. Until Poole proves himself and we get solid S its a fair assessment.

i thought madison bounced back last year where surtain had a down year....will poole and bell could step it up we will be fine with a great front 7..we just got ate up with lil DT's last year that should be better and more depth and talent on other side of JT....recipe for havoc

IF and BIG IF Yeremiah Bell stays healthy, we should have a good safety corps.

What I am worried about is who backs up Bell at FS...

Im confident in Bell / Jones as a starting FS / SS combo but Im not confident in Tillman as a backup to FS and Bua at SS.

New England did some pretty impressive patchwork in their secondary last year and I feel that our starters and backups with exception to Harrison are very comparable. Their will be great competition this year with the youngsters and if everyone remembers Bell could have probably won a starting spot over freeman or edwards if not injured. Maybe roundtree gets a shot also?

albyfinfan said:
i wouldnt worry too much bout our secondary, remember Bilichick won a superbowl with rookies and a WR in the secondary, and Saban is a product of Bilichick and his coaching, so i wouldnt worry to much.

I have hope, but until Saban shows he can do that this season, we can't just assume that we can plug in lesser talent and get the NE product like last year

does anyone think Shazor can be the missing piece. He was projected in the top three rounds but then went undrafted. Unk why?

Back
Top Bottom