Scouts Inc. Names Ferrotte our X factor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouts Inc. Names Ferrotte our X factor

phillyphinphan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Scouts inc. which works within ESPN.com (and whom a rate as a reasonbly good source for the nuances fo the game) states that Ferrotte will be our "X" factor. It say goes on to say that we will be a ball control offense with the addition of Brown. It does not address our defense. I would post a link but you need Espn insider. Oh yeah as for the rest of the AFC east: Buffalo-Ron Edwards DT; Patriots- Dan Klecko (I like him, TU kid); Jets- Mike Nugent K. Take it for what it's worth. If its been posted-my apologies.........

phillyphinphan said:
Scouts inc. which works within ESPN.com (and whom a rate as a reasonbly good source for the nuances fo the game) states that Ferrotte will be our "X" factor. It say goes on to say that we will be a ball control offense with the addition of Brown. It does not address our defense. I would post a link but you need Espn insider. Oh yeah as for the rest of the AFC east: Buffalo-Ron Edwards DT; Patriots- Dan Klecko (I like him, TU kid); Jets- Mike Nugent K. Take it for what it's worth. If its been posted-my apologies.........

Interesting, I hope he's our X factor in terms of getting AJ on board faster.

wow i was surprised to read that... they are usually on point with things but i think they are WAY off here... even a non-improved feeley is better than a frerrote at this point... at least so i think...

I wonder if that's from any kind of inside information ( I doubt it ) or if it's just their opinion. I do think he'll be a big help for A.J. though as far as learning the offense and getting in sync with the scheme's. I think we're going to see a totally different A.J. Feeley this season if he can continue to improve from the end of last year.

MDFINFAN said:
Interesting, I hope he's our X factor in terms of getting AJ on board faster.

As far as evaluating AJ the kid gloves are difinitely off. It's time to sink or swim, Does have the tools? yes. Does he have the mental makeup to diagnos defenses and cut down mistakes? we shall see....

fishfan34 said:
I wonder if that's from any kind of inside information ( I doubt it ) or if it's just their opinion. I do think he'll be a big help for A.J. though as far as learning the offense and getting in sync with the scheme's. I think we're going to see a totally different A.J. Feeley this season if he can continue to improve from the end of last year.

I'm Thinking they're connecting the dots w/ linehan-Ferrotte. A.J. may very well imrpove from last year, but I think the question will be has improved ENOUGH for saban to trust him w/ the ball in his hands.....

arsenal said:
wow i was surprised to read that... they are usually on point with things but i think they are WAY off here... even a non-improved feeley is better than a frerrote at this point... at least so i think...

No they are right on target. Frerotte may not be the better athlete at this point but he is a seasoned veteran who knows the system. I dont think Feeley has a dozen total starts in his career yet. I'd much rather have Frerotte leading the team.

I like it. I hope he gets the opportunity if AJ still sucks

Us... Ball control?!? That's a good change! I hope he's right. This team has done a lot of changing. I hope it turns out to be good change.

I think our X factor is RICKY.....we know what Gus can do, we know what AJ can do, and I think RB will be productive, but Ricky is the big unknown...he could come back to his old form, or he could be a bust, or fail another drug test, or just decide he won't play again. :rolleyes:

Roman529 said:
I think our X factor is RICKY.....we know what Gus can do, we know what AJ can do, and I think RB will be productive, but Ricky is the big unknown...he could come back to his old form, or he could be a bust, or fail another drug test, or just decide he won't play again. :rolleyes:

If you want to go that route I'll say that Boston is the X factor. If he comes back at full strentgh and ready to play he will have a decided advatage it terms of matchups each and every week. when he was healthy he was a bad man with the rock in his hands.

FinsForLife007 said:
Us... Ball control?!? That's a good change! I hope he's right. This team has done a lot of changing. I hope it turns out to be good change.

No different there. We've been trying to run a ball control offense for years, thats WAD BALL. I think the Linehan system takes a lot more chances but instead of the stupid out routes with INTs, we'll see throws down the field with some interceptions, but more big plays to counteract them. Linehan knows he doesn't have the accuracy or mobility of Culpeper, but I don't think we will be running "ball control" offense.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
No different there. We've been trying to run a ball control offense for years, thats WAD BALL. I think the Linehan system takes a lot more chances but instead of the stupid out routes with INTs, we'll see throws down the field with some interceptions, but more big plays to counteract them. Linehan knows he doesn't have the accuracy or mobility of Culpeper, but I don't think we will be running "ball control" offense.

I love that term...."WAD ball"!

Small excerpt for those who don't have insider:

With a potentially strong running game led by rookie Ronnie Brown, Miami will have a ball control offense that asks the QB to be a caretaker and not a savior -- and Frerotte gives them the best chance to get that done. Frerotte also knows offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's offense, having played for him in Minnesota.

The concepts are simple: If defenses play normal or soft fronts, you run the football; if they load up to stop the run and give you single man-to-man matchups on the perimeter, you throw the football. Frerotte has the ability to read the defense and execute better than Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom