screw the tough schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

screw the tough schedule

Bonedoc7777 said:
win them one at a time and shut some people up

only tough right now...midway through the season we'll end up having the easiest schedule...I'm predicting 10-6

I say bring it on, I'd rather have the toughest schedule over the easiest schedule any season. When we win it will mean more and it will look better on us. Besides I don't buy into this "NFL out to get us" crap. It's just the way that it is and it's time we accept that. Bring it on.

On any Sunday any team can WIN or lose...look at how we beat the Patsies last year...we also looked great against the St Louis Rams....I think we will be better than 4-12...I am hoping 8-8 or better...hopefully a playoff spot...maybe we can have a run like the Carolina Panthers did.

I agree...last year, Miami had a worse team than we do right now and they still beat the Pats & the Rams and fought tooth & nail with the Broncos, Steelers (it was only 6-3 with less than 10 min left), Bills & Seahawks.

kingnate85 said:
I say bring it on, I'd rather have the toughest schedule over the easiest schedule any season. When we win it will mean more and it will look better on us. Besides I don't buy into this "NFL out to get us" crap. It's just the way that it is and it's time we accept that. Bring it on.

The NFL couldnt be "out to get us" even if they wanted to. All but two of the Phins opponents for 2005 were selected all the way back in 2002. In fact, our opponents are pretty much set (except for two games/year) until 2009. The only thing the NFL schedule makers can do is determine WHEN we play our opponents, not who the opponents will be.

Schedule strength changes so quickly, last year when the scheds came out it looked like we'd have really tough games the first month or so w/ Miami and Buffalo and SD would be a cakewalk well SD went 12-4, Miami stunk and Buff was awful early on. Who knows who falls back and who becomes tough?

That's the epitome of a benign schedule. We face none of the worst scheduling scenarios, based on historical trends, and may benefit in a few cases. I haven't looked at the situations our opponents are in when they face us.

What the heck is everyone complaining about? We don't even play back-to-back division games all year. Every road division game is preceded by a home game or a bye week. It may temporarily diminish the glamor nature of the franchise by being shunned for prime time, but it also enables us to dodge the horrific scheduling spots like a non-division road game after playing on Monday night.

In terms of altering performance, the worst scheduling spot BY FAR on that slate is the road game at San Diego on December 11. You've got two road games, including at Oakland, followed by a homer vs. division rival Buffalo then boomeranged out to the West Coast again. It's similar to the deadly NBA scheduling situation -- long road trip, one home game, then on the road again. Those teams invariably mail in that road game.

If we're in playoff contention, that game at San Diego makes the schedule worse than I implied above. Assuming we're not, this looks like an ideal slate for a growing team. Jimmy Johnson always said the perfect schedule was 16 games at 1 o'clock on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom