Sean May says he wants to play for Bobcats | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean May says he wants to play for Bobcats

nyjunc said:
I have not heard one peep about RJ complaining he wants out b/c of Vince.

I think Hakim Warrick is going to be an absolute bust in the NBA.

What makes you think Warrick is going to be a bust?

As a Syracuse fan, I have to take umbrage with that opinion, of course. :)

phunwin said:
What makes you think Warrick is going to be a bust?

As a Syracuse fan, I have to take umbrage with that opinion, of course. :)

I have never been impressed by Warrick, he is ultra quick and athletic but he's not a great basketball player. I felt he rode the coattails of Anthony in '03 and he was hyped the last 2 years w/o really being a great player. He can't shoot, doesn't have a good handle, he turns it over too much, not a great shot blocker(although he had one huge block :D ). I'm just not sold on him at all.

phunwin said:
Thanks. Really. High class response.

np...ignorant post deserves to be lambasted.

I admit that my initial post was a bit over-the-top, but seriously, did ANYONE believe May was a solid first round pick coming into this year? Or even before the tournament? There's no denying that May was *AWESOME* in the tournament. I don't think anyone disputes that. I saw him up close and personal in the Syracuse regional, and there wasn't a guy on the court that had a prayer of handling him. If Roy Williams wanted to, he could have had them feed May every time, and he would have scored 50 in both games.

May wasnt just *AWESOME* in the tournament. He was awesome all year. I realize you didnt watch him, which is why the previous post was made. If you thought May was something other than a first round pick going into the tournament then I have no clue what May you were watching the whole year. His perfomance in the tourney vaulted him from the late to early first round.

I like his offensive game; he's got a good set of low post moves. But I'm not sure about his jumper, and frankly, I think his defense sucks. His rotations are slow and he seemed to get his blocked shots at UNC solely based on the fact that he had a size advantage on 90% of the guys he matched up with. Not gonna happen in the pros. Unless he grows three inches in the next couple months, he's going to have to play the 4 in the NBA; he's just not big enough to play the 5, where they'd be able to hide his defense a little better (given the dearth of centers who can play offense).

dunno what to say about the defense comment....

He will play the 4 in the nba. As for a jumper.....again somehow I doubt you watched May play this year.

Hakim Warrick is the best athlete this draft has to offer with that being said he does have problems on the defensive side but theres no question whether or not he can score. Hes really just a good shooter but not great, since most of his points come off layups, dunks, and tip ins! But one of his many assets that i like is that being 6''8 and closer to 230 lbs. hes very very quick and he dribbles the ball very well

Buddwalk said:
Hakim Warrick is the best athlete this draft has to offer with that being said he does have problems on the defensive side but theres no question whether or not he can score. Hes really just a good shooter but not great, since most of his points come off layups, dunks, and tip ins! But one of his many assets that i like is that being 6''8 and closer to 230 lbs. hes very very quick and he dribbles the ball very well

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best athelete.

byroan said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best athelete.

For his size, theres no question he is, the guys 6''8 and hes got the quickness of a pg, Personally i think if hes picked outside the lottery hes a steal to whoever grabs him...I think charlotte could best hone his skills cause there in dire need of every position outside of PF [occupied by roty Emeka Okafor]

Charlotte could be a surprise next year...If they do infact get chris paul

that would give them a pg very likely to score possibly 20 ppg in his first season and take alot of pressure of emeka okafor making emeka a better player. If they can then get there #13 pick to play up to potential then that would give them a 3 man combo maybe even making them a playoff team.

Buddwalk said:

I completely disagree w/ you. Warrick is not a good shooter, he gets most of his points on dunks which won't happen on the next level. He is a great athlete and I think those qualities will turn him into a good defensive player but offensively he will struggle unless he drastically improves his shooting.

I see Warrick, ideally, as being one of two things:

1. a starting forward on a fast-breaking team like NJ or Phoenix that cranks up the pace, and allows him to thrive in that environment. I think NJ would be nuts to pass on him if he's there at 15.
2. a sixth man for another team that brings him off the bench to change the tempo and put some energy into the game.

If Warrick isn't the best 6'8 athlete in this draft, he's sure close to it. Explosive hops, good defense (though he'll need to adjust to playing man to man), good work ethic. He would be absolutely DEADLY on an open-court team.

I will not, however, deny that his jumper is weak. I watched Warrick for four years. He doesn't have a jumper, and at this point, I don't think a few weeks working with Tim Grover (or whoever he's training with) is going to change that. He expanded his range a little during his senior year, to the point that he has a semi-reliable 15 foot jump shot. That's about it. Realistically, his scoring is mostly going to be limited to dunks and putting back offensive rebounds. But he can be a very successful player with that sort of game on a number of teams. That's why I don't think he'll be a bust.

But if he went to a walk-it-up, half court team like Detroit, he'd have a lot of problems.

Buddwalk said:
Charlotte could be a surprise next year...If they do infact get chris paul

that would give them a pg very likely to score possibly 20 ppg in his first season and take alot of pressure of emeka okafor making emeka a better player. If they can then get there #13 pick to play up to potential then that would give them a 3 man combo maybe even making them a playoff team.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Charlotte is light years from being good, and they know it.

Centers and point guards usually need more time to develop. Paul will be a good rookie, but I don't believe he's going to score 20 ppg right away (if ever; most point guards aren't going to score that much, AI aside).

Back
Top Bottom