Sean May says he wants to play for Bobcats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean May says he wants to play for Bobcats

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
With two lottery picks in the NBA draft, Sean May figures the Charlotte Bobcats can't avoid selecting a North Carolina player.

May, the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four after leading North Carolina to the NCAA championship, wants it to be him.

"I think it would be good for the franchise to have a Carolina basketball player here, especially someone the fans can relate to since they have seen them play the last few years," May said Monday. "What other great person can that be besides me?"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/06/06/bc.bkn.bobcats.may.ap/index.html

I hate, hate, HATE it when a player's stock jumps dramatically because of the NCAA tournament. Let's get this straight: May goes from (at best) a borderline first rounder to a lottery pick on the strength of 6 games, two of which were against opponents that didn't even belong on the same court as the Tar Heels? The May I know was a foul-prone, chubby power forward who hustles when he feels like it and plays defense only when the spirit moves him.

Okay, that's a little harsh, but the point remains that I wouldn't even consider him before the 20th pick, and probably not before 24 or 25.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
a few early mocks have him going to the Nets.

BTW, a lot of the mocks I've seen have Hakim Warrick going to the Nets, which would be a perfect fit for their fast-break offense. Jason Kidd running the floor with Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson and Warrick? WOW! Suns East.

phunwin said:
BTW, a lot of the mocks I've seen have Hakim Warrick going to the Nets, which would be a perfect fit for their fast-break offense. Jason Kidd running the floor with Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson and Warrick? WOW! Suns East.

What the Nets really need, is someone to score in the paint, grab some rebounds and play a tough game. Kristic is going to be good, but they missed Martins rebounding and inside game the most last year.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
a few early mocks have him going to the Nets.

I hope that he last that long. He would fit perfectly w/ the Nets. Ideally the Nets would like a legit C to play alongside Krstic but Krstic can play C and May PF.

I do NOT want the overrated Hakim Warrick. Yeah he can jump put of the gym but that's not what we need. Hakim is another wing player and we have enough of those already. We need some size and he does not fit what we need.

I hate, hate, HATE it when a player's stock jumps dramatically because of the NCAA tournament. Let's get this straight: May goes from (at best) a borderline first rounder to a lottery pick on the strength of 6 games, two of which were against opponents that didn't even belong on the same court as the Tar Heels? The May I know was a foul-prone, chubby power forward who hustles when he feels like it and plays defense only when the spirit moves him.

He didn't just come out of nowhere in the Tourney, he was the best player in the Country from january on. he was dominant throughout the ACC including dominating the ACC DPOY Shelden Williams. May WAS a chubby guy but in his 3 years he worked hard and it paid off. I don't see him going back to the player he was, he was great in tyhe Tourney but not just the tourney and he deserves to be a top 15 pick and whoever gets him will be very happy.

phunwin said:

Okay, that's a little harsh, but the point remains that I wouldn't even consider him before the 20th pick, and probably not before 24 or 25.

Thats why you are the idiotic fan and people with a lil brain in their heads run nba organizations. Okay, mabey thats a little harsh....but tis the truth. Dont trash a player who you have no knowledge of.

-Yes it was harsh and out of line. Do not go there again. Muck

Ferretsquig said:
Thats why you are the idiotic fan and people with a lil brain in their heads run nba organizations. Okay, mabey thats a little harsh....but tis the truth. Dont trash a player who you have no knowledge of.

OUCH :eek:

PS, there are more truths to Phils post that not, but I would say it holds more true to the year past then this year, but that was the MO for May until this year. But this year he was a stud, and I do know what I'm taliking about.

You should try not being so harsh and explain why you think he is wrong instead of calling him names!

phunwin said:

Come on Phunwin, you're smarter than that.

Sean May isn't half the player his daddy was at Indiana.....Sean is Charles Barkley without the jumpshot and rebounding....I don't buy the hype based
on a good NCAA tourney. OVERATED

It's time for lessons in how to take issues with someone's opinion.

Bad:

Thanks. Really. High class response.

Good:
He didn't just come out of nowhere in the Tourney, he was the best player in the Country from january on. he was dominant throughout the ACC including dominating the ACC DPOY Shelden Williams. May WAS a chubby guy but in his 3 years he worked hard and it paid off. I don't see him going back to the player he was, he was great in tyhe Tourney but not just the tourney and he deserves to be a top 15 pick and whoever gets him will be very happy.

I admit that my initial post was a bit over-the-top, but seriously, did ANYONE believe May was a solid first round pick coming into this year? Or even before the tournament? There's no denying that May was *AWESOME* in the tournament. I don't think anyone disputes that. I saw him up close and personal in the Syracuse regional, and there wasn't a guy on the court that had a prayer of handling him. If Roy Williams wanted to, he could have had them feed May every time, and he would have scored 50 in both games.

I like his offensive game; he's got a good set of low post moves. But I'm not sure about his jumper, and frankly, I think his defense sucks. His rotations are slow and he seemed to get his blocked shots at UNC solely based on the fact that he had a size advantage on 90% of the guys he matched up with. Not gonna happen in the pros. Unless he grows three inches in the next couple months, he's going to have to play the 4 in the NBA; he's just not big enough to play the 5, where they'd be able to hide his defense a little better (given the dearth of centers who can play offense).

Now, maybe Charlotte is a good place for him; they've got a glass-eating, shot-blocking center whose offense is never going to be special. Teaming him with an offense-first 4 like May isn't the worst idea in the world. I just wouldn't do it at 13.

I hear May being compared to Elton Brand.
Anyone agree with this assessment?

phunwin said:

Didnt Dwyane Wades stock rise cause of the tournament???? Look where hes at now.....

Miaball, took the words out of my mouth. Carmello Anthony, Nick Collison, Kirk Hinrich, ect ect have all had their stock soar to it's peak because of play in the NCAA tournamant!

Back
Top Bottom