Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

well tannehill plays in an option route offense now and for what I see his throws are in line with what the coverage shows and with the leverage played...many here don't seem to understand that part they think it's "errant throws" etc but for what I see his coverage decisions with the ball are pretty much spot on as is the placement either away from leverage or safety contact etc...so I think that part won't be an issue...Miami works a primariliy horizontal offense though and that is what I want to get away from...we need more vertical passing elements which a pro style will bring...and I'm totally confident tannehill can drill throws in it...I mean Miamis goal under lazor in max protect pa was pretty much to run clear outs and hit the mid level crosser or deep out from the slot...that should tell you how horizontal this offense was...and many play calls are designed to be thrown within 3 yards of the los and rely on rac...tough to do when you are behind the sticks all the time and you can't run the ball cause the opposition it sitting on your concepts...we had clean release edge rushers and I mean 43 de's and 34 olbs on first and damn goal BY FREAKING PLAY DESIGN even under lazors o...we had man show tight red zone coverage and teams sat on our route concepts so much they actually changed from the outside db taking the inside release outside breaking route to the inside db taking the in cut at the goalline we showed the same stuff so much...we ran so many 3rd down pick the outside wr man and in cuts to the inside release wr the jets brought a non show safety in more a 2 deep look presnap and had him meet from the other side of the field even the wr at the first down marker and drill him...I can go on and on...this team cant account for or pick up a non show blitzer protection wise if it's life depended on it...it was like the scheme had no answer...we run rb and tight end screens into zone...we ran run plays into walk up strong safeties...we boot leg into clean release wide 9 rushers...it's endless how dumb we are...and don't let me leave out the protection is sketchy as hell when we do account for everyone

when tannehill gets in trouble with his passes is when he's a little late...you can't be late outside the numbers and especially down the field late...that is something I have seen of late from the qb...most all his other picks have been he reads it zone correctly reciever carries it like it's man he reads it man receiver sits down stuff...option route stuff but rarely his mistake...

I'm a little confused about the audible thing given under Sherman his first 2 years we ran a offense that allowed him to check out and set up protections and he showed damn well in it frankly at both...this offense we run now was about no one wants this oc gig pretty much and in order for lazor to even take the damn thing he did so with the understanding that he had "full autonomy" of it...well you can see what it got him a much deserved pink slip

tannehills pre snap reads are really high end so I don't think that would be an issue for payton either...and if he puts him on the chalkboard he's gonna kill it...I have no doubts...in other words I have no doubts sean payton comes here he says here's the keys ryan drive

one other question...what do you think is the reasoning behind the saints record indoors vs outdoors? such a huge discrepency...and Miami plays all its division games outdoors in the elements

I've seen the stupid enough to know just how horrible some of the concepts at all levels of the Dolphins offense. It's high schoolish type stuff that will never work in the NFL because defenders are far too athletic and quality defensive scheming overwhelms.

As for the indoor vs outdoor, it's irrelevant. It's home vs away that's been the problem. Anytime you take a bad defense and bad running game on the road there will be problems. Our defenses have been so bad that we are constantly looking at big deficits on the road. When you allow defenses to start pinning their ears back with crowd noise behind them it is very tough for protections to hold up.

Brees is also a constantly changing protections and changing the play at the line. At home this is easy and quick, on the road it's sluggish. It completely changes the tempo and allows the defense a lot more time to catch up before the snap.

Plus the dome is one of the better home field advantages in the league, that place can get deafening. I've been in that place at times and couldn't hear myself screaming.

I'd give away a 2nd round pick to get rid of Ross!

After that, we can look at our options.

I'd give away our entire 2016 and 2017 drafts to be rid of Ross for good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Also, add bacon pics. Same reason. :up:

clear.gif

thesimpsonshomermmmbaconlightbluetshirtK-1.jpg

This screams desperation. Why give up picks for the coach of a team that is one of only a handful of teams that is actually doing worse than our own dolphins this year? I think there is a chance that the saints fire payton this year and if not who cares. The team that payton put together and coached is awful and there is a good chance that our phins will follow in their footsteps if we grab payton this offseason. I'd much rather see a young creative guy who has something to prove, but I'm sure payton will sell some tickets next year just like Suh did this year.

Holy **** ... The pervert is back! I thought for sure some hooker finally escaped and tossed YOU into the acid bathtub. :lol:

Good to see you're still around, brother!

as if some street walker could beat me at my own game. i thought you knew me better than that.

good to see you still fighting the good fight too, bump.

bacon

Just what this franchise needs -- another round of Parcellian poison!

Maybe we can also bring back Wanny to head up the D (I recommend Wanny because I assume Olivadotti "loves" coaching 12-year-old boys and Chuck Studley is too far gone @86). After that, do everything possible to pry Kippy Brown loose from the Seahawks to run a vintage "scratch and sniff" Offense! Done deal. We're golden!

BNF.

For a 3rd rounder, with the culture that this team has implemented, it's a no brainer. Great coaches make great teams. That's why you don't see scrub coaches doing anything. A good coach can make such a huge difference, compared to a pick that may have a 30% chance of succeeding.

So why is New Orleans looking so bad right now?

This screams desperation. Why give up picks for the coach of a team that is one of only a handful of teams that is actually doing worse than our own dolphins this year? I think there is a chance that the saints fire payton this year and if not who cares. The team that payton put together and coached is awful and there is a good chance that our phins will follow in their footsteps if we grab payton this offseason. I'd much rather see a young creative guy who has something to prove, but I'm sure payton will sell some tickets next year just like Suh did this year.

If he gets on the open market very unlikely he ends up here. Also the 'up and coming' young coach is a cap shoot. We could be trying to find the guy the next 10 years.

The Dolphins have interest in New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton and will consider Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson and UCLA head coach Jim Mora, according to the Miami Herald.

The Dolphins have interest in New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton and will consider Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson and UCLA head coach Jim Mora, according to the Miami Herald.

Not bad candidates... I think Mora could be a Carrol type given another chance... He really didn't get much of a shot in Seattle and he brought the Falcons to a Championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miami actually targeting the right guys? blasphemy

i like all those options. first time i've ever said that regarding our clown shoe coaching search approach

Back
Top Bottom