Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

I am fine with giving up whatever draft pick for Peyton, I like him pretty well. I am not too keen on a head coach having personnel authority. That typically does not work out too well and would mean that he is our head coach, offensive coordinator, and general manager. That is a whole lot to handle for pretty much anybody. If this happens, does that mean that we are keeping Hickey and Tannenbaum? Would Hickey report to Peyton who reports to Tannenbaum? Our org chart is going to look like a freaking psychedelic Christmas tree!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Here is how it would work...the Fins would be given permission to interview Payton and then after the teams would have to agree to the compensation. Miami still has to comply with the Rooney Rule.

I would let this one fester. New Orleans might just let him go in the end.

This. They will let him go anyway... so why send any draft picks. It's mind boggling!

did payton have full personnel control in new Orleans? cause if so some of those draft picks and free agency signings have really failed

just wondering...I feel like he does

I don't care that much about the QB question...thats been answered...mid tier guy, not worth replacing at this point.

This team needs talent and lots of it...so many jags on this roster...

I think the team has plenty of talent but no coach with a spine. Depth is lacking too. We're a banged up team, seems like every week 2-3 players are hitting the dirt and being subbed. Better depth is something I hope Payton looks into and I know for a fact he can turn this offense into something much more.

you wait and see if he's released and if he is you gonna have plenty of competition for his services...I can tell ya that much

I think it is perfect. This is a guy people would have been glad to have 5 years ago. It is also a guy who like him or not is probably the front offices #1 coaching choice.

If he is indeed your number 1 choice, go get him and stop playing **** around. Make the decision, execute it and live with it.

Here is how it would work...the Fins would be given permission to interview Payton and then after the teams would have to agree to the compensation. Miami still has to comply with the Rooney Rule.

I would let this one fester. New Orleans might just let him go in the end.

I think your correct so take back what I originally thought as a possibility to avoid if it was a trade, I think the Rooney Rule would still apply even though it would be a total joke of an interview, or Ross could violate it an pay a nice fine..

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

you wait and see if he's released and if he is you gonna have plenty of competition for his services...I can tell ya that much

Yes that would be a risk for sure..

I could forsee a formitable coaching staff transforming this roster without too many changes. This roster could be coached up to a terrific level; we underestimate the necessity of a stellar coaching staff. This could be an entirely different team without a roster shake up. Bellicheat annihilates the NFL every year with a roster of nobodies.

Im in for a 3rd. A great offensive mind and in game coach for the cost of a Will Davis, Dallas Thomas type draft pick, sign me up.

Am I mistaken, or is it too soon for teams to be allowed to talk about trades like this? Seems like some random reporter is pulling facts out of his arse.

If you truly believe he will right the ship, you pay whatever compensation needs to be paid. If you wait for him to become a "free agent", you lose him immediately.

sure, but not for draft picks... with how many holes we have to fill, that is about the most moronic thing we could do. But thats why I see this happeneing, because it's us and only we would do something like this.

I disagree. Why not give up one pick for a HUGE upgrade at Head Coach. Assuming, one thinks he is a good coach. What one player drafted in rd 3 has more impact on a game than the head coach?

Edit: I thought it was a 2nd or a 3rd...

the other thing too is that new Orleans skill position type requirements for their offense are pretty similar to ours...they go about it a little different than we do know obviously but this wouldn't be a major overhaul of personnel requirement

For it! A 2nd is high but we haven't drafted all that well in a looong time. A 3rd would be the best I could live with that knowing that the MAichael Egnews and Dallas Thomas's of the world could still be there

Back
Top Bottom