Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

and payton would serve as his own oc and call the plays...don't put it in anyone elses hands...I want him calling the plays not someone else executing his offense

have to make sure that is the case...you call the plays...and I'm all in on that

If it is a 2nd or 3rd...then fine...I thought it was 2 picks...my fault...reading comprehension is a struggle for me today

Ross: They only want a third but I really want to make a splash in the media so make it a first.

I think Payton can mask some of Tannehill's deficiencies and potential have him playing somewhere in between Alex Smith and Rivers, im all in

You think Tannenbaum would give up that much power and control over player / roster decisions? Ross basically neutered Hickey to add Tannenbaum, so I really can't see Tannenbaum getting neutered to bring in Payton.

Any word on who stated this rumor on the radio show you heard?

I think it was @Dick_GuzinyaNFL from NFL Netwrok

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Wish you allowed us to give you a thumbs up for that one Roy.

payton handles the game like an absolute master...I have never seen a game of his where he's goofed with how he did things...he's on it...from the first whistle to the last

what a difference that would make alone...

If a team is willing to trade away a coach, you have to ask yourself why?

Dolphins traded for Shula eons ago...different era I know but just saying.

Anyway...isn't the reason the Saints have sucked as of late because Payton was given full control of the Saints?

And you people need to stop saying it can't get any worse because it can.

Payton is as good of a game planner as there is in this league. He's a great offensive mind.

Then throw the bank at Schwartz. Payton doesn't have a clue about defense. We need a top defensive mind to go with Payton. Hopefully Payton has learned his lesson on some of the b.s. defenses he has thrown out there the last couple of years. Embarrassing.

If Payton could be had for a 3rd, this would be done, delivered, signed, and in the books. Ross has a LONG history of swinging and missing at coaches and GMs, so he would probably be happy to give up a pick to save the annual egg on his face.

Dolphins traded for Shula eons ago...different era I know but just saying.

Anyway...isn't the reason the Saints have sucked as of late because Payton was given full control of the Saints?

And you people need to stop saying it can't get any worse because it can.

so you are a no here? I totally get the personnel handling concerns but don't you want a final answer on the qb question or have you already locked in on it? I mean we are talking about a major qb development and offensive concepts upgrade in addition to a stellar game manager and one that plays to win

don't understand the whole stance of "yes, but not for picks" if you can get a coach that you believe is going to right this ship with a proven track record....anything below a 1st is well worth getting the right coach for a decade...

my only concern is hiring a coach who's already won it. i'm a big fan of payton, but i can't help but think of this as just another dolphins' moving. going after the big name who's most inspired years are behind em or in a different state. i will support this move regardless because i like sean payton. bounty-gate never scared me, don't know much about his drug issues....but i sure do like his experience with big-game management and quarterbacks and his overall demeanor. tough guy who can not only rally the troops but intimidate opponents' coaches. right now the dolphins aren't intimidating anyone.

Back
Top Bottom