Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

MRojas4

The Cheese Connoisseur
Club Member
Reaction score
Heard on local sports talk radio.

Talking about Sean Payton trade for Miami Dolphins 2nd or 3rd rounder is all but a done deal.

Payton to get full control of entire team and roster decisions.

Thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Here is some of the talk on a website snippet.

It appears Saints coach Sean Payton could be the move for the Miami Dolphins after the season from hell, judging from comments made by Jason Cole when talking about how to sell this team going forward.

“You get a high-profile guy who has Bill Parcells connections, that everybody knows, has won Super Bowls in the past and you make a trade for Sean Payton,” Cole said on WQAM’s Big O Show on Tuesday. “This is a ready-made deal. There’s a very good chance of it. Now I think the preference would be to end up in Indianapolis with Andrew Luck but I think the tea leaves point towards him probably ending up in Miami more likely.

“I think he’ll be able to work with [Mike] Tannenbaum who was a Parcells disciple who’s probably gonna give you free reign to run the personnel side of it, run the organization the way you want to do it.

For Stephen Ross, Cole says “you’ve got a championship-level coach that people can get excited about. If anybody’s gonna turn Ryan Tannehill into a great quarterback, it’s gonna be Sean Payton.”

The issue with Payton is his contract is not up this summer and the Saints would likely have to be compensated. How high of a draft pick would we be talking about here? There’s also the discussion of how much of an impact Payton had on the Saints during the good times with a stud like Drew Brees in place at quarterback.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
that would be great for the qb but full personnel control is a bit of a pill to swallow..3rd round pick fine take it

**** no...

and once again prevent this team from adding talent...

****ing stupid organization

Can't get any worse than it already is...? Sure i'm good with it...

Well if true it worked when they got Shula so hopefully it will be the same. But I doubt it.

Payton: I think he can be a great QB and I'm happy to work with Ryan Tann-e-hill... wait, is that how you say his name? Anyway, anybody know where I can score some blow in South Beach?

If a team is willing to trade away a coach, you have to ask yourself why?

I'm unsure on this. Don't hate it, don't especially like it. Mainly because I don't think that this team is built to run an O similar to the one he runs in NO. IMO power run, ball control, solid D is what this team has the building blocks for and needs to be in the future.

for people that don't like the qb I'm surprised you wouldn't endorse this...cause if payton comes here for a year works with ryan and tells tannebaum and company that ryans not the guy that's your best chance for this team parting with tannehill...

if they don't get a guy they respect when it comes to qb evaluation in the building than it's gonna be more of the we believe in the qb more than we do you should things go wrong again

the tannehill contract relative to the nfl qb position is not even remotely a factor in any of this

If a team is willing to trade away a coach, you have to ask yourself why?

His time is done there but NO doesn't want to just fire him, since he is still under contract they want to see if they can fleece a pick for him just like before you actually cut a player you don't want you try to make a trade. That's my thoughts on the situation anyway..

I do not believe a deal is "all but done" though.

Picks aside, is Payton the right man for the job?

Pros:
-Elite level designer of offensive schemes and an elite play caller
-Can hopefully push Tannehill to the next level; Puts a lot of responsibility on the QB but allows maximum flexibility in return

Cons:
- Has never hired a coach on the defensive side of the ball that consistently led a top unit
-'Almost seems to completely ignore the defensive side of the ball, including needed personnel upgrades
- Would his reputation as an offensive guru be as strong without Drew Brees' contribution?

If full control means no Tannebum calling the shots I'd strongly consider it.

We need someone that's actually won before. No more on the job training.

not to mention this guy is a master game manager...that clock wouldn't tick off in the 2 minute like it does now with a sean payton on the sideline...and he plays to win...not not to lose

Back
Top Bottom