Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Payton - Miami Dolphins - Trade - Rumor Mill

Interesting quote from one of the Saints fans :)

"What this guy said. We're pretty damn young and injured right now. I'd prefer to wait n see what he can do with another Ireland draft."

If they are relying on Ireland's drafting skills, I hope they aren't getting their hopes up too high.

Ireland actually isn't that terrible at drafting. He should never touch a 2nd round draft pick again, but rounds 3-7 he is pretty good at drafting.

Clay, Reshad Jones, Rishard Matthews, Dion Sims, Derrick Shelby, Jelani Jenkins, Lamar Miller, Chris Clemons, Nolan Carroll, Jonathan Freeny, Bess, etc are all pretty good picks.

Ireland is terrible in free agency though outside a few players like Grimes and Wake

Jim Mora is good football coach. He has a stud 18 year old QB at UCLA so I am not sure he runs just yet. He can win big with Rosen.

La Canfora says they won't release him, have to trade some draft picks. If so, no thanks, we need all we got and then some.

Several teams are prepared to approach the New Orleans Saints about trading for head coach Sean Payton, according to league sources, and under the right set of circumstances that's a possibility that could well appeal to him. Contrary to a previous report, the Saints are not entertaining the prospect of releasing their most successful coach in franchise history from his deal and would not do so.

Payton is focused on the task at hand with the Saints and enjoys some unique circumstances there. Payton and GM Mickey Loomis essentially have full autonomy, with owner Tom Benson dealing with health issues and not a significant factor in organizational decisions, sources said. Payton is also very enthused about some of the talent on his young team, and any of the machinations about his future are taking place at a level he is not involved in. His mind is on the next game, but the reality is that other pro and college programs have been interested in him in the past and will be so again this winter.

The Dolphins, for one, are very interested in Payton, but it would likely take a change in their organizational structure to make that a job that most interested him, according to sources. The Titans, Colts and Browns could be in the market for his services as well, and the rebuilding Saints would likely be interested in the kind of draft-pick compensation a coach as distinguished as Payton could yield with two years left on his contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ean-payton-walk-but-trade-is-real-possibility

La Canfora says they won't release him, have to trade some draft picks. If so, no thanks.

Several teams are prepared to approach the New Orleans Saints about trading for head coach Sean Payton, according to league sources, and under the right set of circumstances that's a possibility that could well appeal to him. Contrary to a previous report, the Saints are not entertaining the prospect of releasing their most successful coach in franchise history from his deal and would not do so.

Payton is focused on the task at hand with the Saints and enjoys some unique circumstances there. Payton and GM Mickey Loomis essentially have full autonomy, with owner Tom Benson dealing with health issues and not a significant factor in organizational decisions, sources said. Payton is also very enthused about some of the talent on his young team, and any of the machinations about his future are taking place at a level he is not involved in. His mind is on the next game, but the reality is that other pro and college programs have been interested in him in the past and will be so again this winter.

The Dolphins, for one, are very interested in Payton, but it would likely take a change in their organizational structure to make that a job that most interested him, according to sources. The Titans, Colts and Browns could be in the market for his services as well, and the rebuilding Saints would likely be interested in the kind of draft-pick compensation a coach as distinguished as Payton could yield with two years left on his contract.

Lol "take a change in the organizational structure to make the job interesting to him"

can you say as in i dont report to that ****ing clown tannebaum

I like Payton a lot, but I am absolutely fine without him. I am truly excited of what Jackson, Marrone or Haley could do. Jim Mora would bring a ton energy and is brilliant on the defensive side of the ball.

I think the team needs an experienced coach this time around.

With that said, if JLC thinks Payton does not like Miami's FO structure it means he is already the coach.

Miami will end up on its feet here.

People think that Tannenbaum is a barrier to a coach are not informed. This is not a Jeff Ireland impediment. Tannenbaum is a team player and would relinquish power to get the right coach. Plus, selfishly, Tannenbaum can save himself in a job longer if another is picking a coach. If the players do not work out, it is not on Tannenbaum.

Tannenbaum is going to be an asset when selecting a coach not an obstacle.

It's time for the New Orleans Saints and Sean Payton to break up

In 2012, banners and T-shirts around town urged "Free Sean Payton." Now, with word the Miami Dolphins might want the services of the New Orleans Saints coach, perhaps it's time for the team to do just that.

Before yesterday's bad team vs. worse team beatdown in Philadelphia, news broke that the Miami Dolphins, among other NFL teams, will attempt to trade for Saints coach Sean Payton after the 2015 season comes to a merciful end.

If the Saints do find themselves with the opportunity to trade Payton, they should take it. Here's why.

As recently as last week I maintained some optimism that Payton's time in New Orleans wasn't quite over — that the adaptability he showed with backup quarterback Luke McCown under center indicated his coaching acumen was still up to date, that he still had cards to play. Even with a struggling offensive line, I figured, Payton's shift to a quick-passing offense could be supplemented by the full-scale deployment of weapon CJ Spiller to put defenses on their heels and keep the Saints' hopes alive.

Payton didn't do that. Instead, he reverted. Behind an offensive line composed of backups, Payton rammed his backs straight ahead into Philadelphia's defense in a vain attempt to set up deep shots that rarely had a chance to materialize. The result? Drew Brees was pummeled, dropping deep into the pocket only to have Eagles defender Fletcher Cox all over him. Sacks and fumbles and, in at least one case, hits to Brees' damaged right shoulder ensued.

Payton's plan was unimaginative lunacy. It seemed lazy. Payton seems not so much set in his ways as uninspired, as if it takes the challenge of figuring out how to succeed with a McCown to provoke the ideas and obsessive attention to detail that once made him special.
http://www.bestofneworleans.com/blo...ew-orleans-saints-and-sean-payton-to-break-up

Maybe a change of scenery is what Payton needs to feel inspired again.

People think that Tannenbaum is a barrier to a coach are not informed. This is not a Jeff Ireland impediment. Tannenbaum is a team player and would relinquish power to get the right coach. Plus, selfishly, Tannenbaum can save himself in a job longer if another is picking a coach. If the players do not work out, it is not on Tannenbaum.

Tannenbaum is going to be an asset when selecting a coach not an obstacle.

Who's says Tannenbaum would relinquish power..... Besides you?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Back
Top Bottom