Searcy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Searcy?

JimmyNock

Starter
Reaction score
Is This True? JJJ Traded, Searcy Signed

I was looking on the Miami Clubhouse on ESPN.com and found this.

NEWS AND NOTES

The Dolphins signed veteran RT Leon Searcy to a one-year, $650,000 deal. Searcy is expected to move to guard for the Dolphins.
RB J.J. Johnson was traded by the Dolphins to the Cleveland Browns for a conditional seventh-round pick -- the provision being Johnson must make the roster.

Even though the 'Fins didn't land Kreutz, Searcy is going to be an excellent acquisition if he can stay healthy. As far as JJJ going on to Clevland, I'm just glad they were able to get something for him rather than just releasing him outright.

Now it's just time to go after one more good O-lineman and pick up Victor Green, Samarie Roll, or resign Marion at Safety.

-RICKY IS 2K2!!!

Or should Miami think more seriously about signing Cris Carter now that the Kreutz deal is over with.

Yes

Miami should think about Chris Carter now.

Also MD13, you are just crazy evil...
that comparison to what this waiting game has been like
probably gave half the members of this site a heart attack...
if the last week didn't already.

;)

Re: Yes

Originally posted by RHoffman
Also MD13, you are just crazy evil...
that comparison to what this waiting game has been like
probably gave half the members of this site a heart attack...
if the last week didn't already. ;)

:lol: :lol: I just call them like I feel them. :lol: :lol:

I'm excited..

Too bad we couldn't land Kreutz...but Williams is a great pick up. I think the Phins should concentrate more on resigning Marion, than breaking in a new/veteran Safety...Parrish and Rolle are both very good, but I think Marion is much better, plus he is a team leader and knows the system inside and out.

Is Searcy a good pick up>>? I know the name, but can't remember if he is/was good or not....all I know is he was out of football for 2 seasons due to injuries, do we really want to have to worry about that again??

God, I can't wait to see this new offense..with Norv throwing the ball to Konrad and Williams a lot, and if Mayes can actually be healthy.....an improved Defense, especially if Gardner moves over to End....nope, I won't make any predictions....I'm just excited!!:happydrin

I guess it's official...lets start the "lets resign Brock" petition. I actually prefer him to drafting or signing a free agent. Brock has been really solid at safety.

Searcy is a former All-Pro right tackle. He was one of the best. In his last game as a Jag, he dominated Defensive ROY Jevon Kearse in the playoff loss to Tennessee.

At 6'4", 320 lbs....he's going to be an awesome RG. The guy can do it all when healthy. And that's why he's playing for what he is. He wants to prove himself again.

Great signing.

i know Searcy kicked butt when he was here with the Steelers. Hope that knee is ok and he's still got some fuel in the tank!
As I said before:

:monkey: Cris Carter

and yes 13, THIS DAY DOES ROCK!!! :rocker:

All this, and I won a new 25'' TV!!!! Can't wait to see RW on it!
Can this get any better?

Searcy is one of the best in the game when he is healthy. He is a dominant presence and can block the best of them. Good signing for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom