Season MVP | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season MVP

What makes Fitz amazing is we had NO run game, I think I read Fitz will lead us in rushing, So we did it all through the air is amazing. To beat the Pats in Foxboro In Dec to prevent them from getting a bye. This seems big. We just beat the AFC champions at their home ,where they never lose . We have 12 draft picks including ,including 5 in the first 60. We have over $120 million in cap money. We also have a great draft set up in 2021. This is a great time to be a dolphin fan. We have a coach.
After the extensions and assume we cut Jones & maybe Wilson (unless he’s takes a cut?) we’d be around 112ish I’d believe.

What a finish for Ryan. He was 2-12 against Brady lifetime. He had never won a game in Foxborough. 0-5. Most of those losses were close games. 37 years beats 42. Getting old sucks Tom.

Did you see Fitz push Flores away after the TD? Was it friendly, or no?
Fun was unfolding on the Dolphins’ sideline in those shocking final seconds. The Patriots, 17-point favorites, had taken a rare lead on this day, 24-20, on a touchdown pass by Tom Brady to James White with 3:53 left. But 37-year-old Ryan Fitzpatrick ran his four-minute drill to perfection, converting two third downs on a 13-play, 75-yard drive that ate up all but 24 seconds. A 24-yard pass to DeVante Parker helped set up the dagger: Fitzpatrick hit tight end Mike Gesicki with a 5-yard touchdown pass.

Then, Fitzpatrick hit Flores.

Then, Flores hit Fitzpatrick.

Yes, on the sidelines, the two men were shoving each other in the chest with glee. Fitzpatrick had experienced just about everything there is to experience in his 15-year journeyman’s career, but he’d never won at Gillette until this day, when he threw for 320 yards and ran for a touchdown. And Flores spent 15 years in the Patriots’ organization, which says plenty about what the win meant to him.

“That was cool,” Fitzpatrick said of beating each other’s chest. “I mean, we’ve been through a lot this year and I know just as good as anybody from being on so many different teams, sometimes, beating your old team is even sweeter. And he’ll say all the wins are the same and everything but I know that one meant a lot to him. Not just because it was New England but the way the year went. To end on a high note like we did, it’s going to be a fun plane ride home.”

Did you see Fitz push Flores away after the TD? Was it friendly, or no?
I noticed that too but it slow motion so it’s not what it seems. Fitz is a joker, last year he gave a post interview in Desean Jackson jacket.

Has to be Fitzpatrick. Good or bad. He allowed a decent evaluation of players around him. Without his play, we see no growth from Gesiki nor Parker.

But I will never be a huge fan of his. My brother broke out his Buffalo Bills Fitzpatrick jersey. Told him to stuff it. Cause I made fun of him when he started in BUF and his maniacal fans. Sadly, a cruel joke from the football gods eventually puts him in a Miami Dolphins jersey.

i don't know exactly how many QBs could have led that game-winning drive yesterday under heavy pressure every single play behind that **** O line, but it's a very short list and ryan tannehill isn't on it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the MVP of the team to me. he epitomizes hard work, dedication, leadership and a big set of balls like no other player we have.

funny thing is, you could make a case that he was the best QB in the AFC East this season.

I’d say fitz is the mvp for his off script play. Which has saved the o line at times but also left plays on the field too.

But dvp really stepped it up this year. Gilmore has his hands full today and dvp has very natural pluck the ball out of the air with his hands.

Dvp balled out.

I think either has a legit case another understated fact is DVP's elite ball skills allows our offense to get chunk plays without needing our ol to block longer than 2.5 seconds or needing the typical amount of time for longer routes to develop, " even with the CB doesn't matter just throw it up" If Fitz figured this out earlier in the year we're winning at least 8 games.

I challenge u to find a better route ran vs an all pro CB, I got chills when they showed the replay on this one.

Fitz has a real case because his playstyle and understanding of reading a cbs leverages allows for quick decisive throws pre snap and it allows DVP and Gesicki to shine, DVP was moving with a different kind of swag 2nd half of the season and I think Fitz's confidence in him allowed him to believe in himself.

Back
Top Bottom