Season Preview - Omar Kelly & Dave Hyde | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season Preview - Omar Kelly & Dave Hyde

So Omar Kelly now makes sense...We've passed through the stargate boys. Hang on and keep your wits about you. This is gonna be a bumpy season.
Believe me … I feel stunned and slightly depressed to say it, but I'm agreeing with most of what Omar is saying in this video. Maybe it's just the stars aligning, the Dolphins plans lining up with his agendas … but watch the video and say for yourself … he's not wrong with most of that.

My biggest problem with the video is Omar quotes Jones statements as fact. Jones is a great player, but I always triple check anything Jones says. Also, Jones has legitimate reasons to be upset with the franchise. Not a good source to openly quote.

As for everything else said during the video, I have no intention to draw any conclusions until I see how the Phins play during the regular season. Just like all of you, I have speculative ideas. I want to see a real game to see if my speculations are accurate.
Yeah, and it kinda sounded like the opinion from Reshad Jones wasn't supposed to be public. I wonder if Omar betrayed something he was told in confidence?

Watched the entire thing... (a first). Agreed, Omar is a really annoying and arrogant fellow... liked Dave Hyde better and really would have liked it if Omar had shut up and let Hyde finish a thought...

Disagreed with Omar on Rosen and Wilkins (very much so), but agreed with him on Flores being a fraud and what happens when a team checks out on a dishonest coach... and his take on Orchard (which Hyde refused to even listen to.)

His man love for Tua was grating at best... as I'm not a believer.

Overall... I think he's like a lot of football fans, meat-headed and unable to see alternative viewpoints. (perhaps he should run for office.)

My 2 cents anyway.

Omar is not wrong all the time... generally he is fairly well informed.

He does get close minded and hard headed when a subject involves biases he has.

Just a note..., at the Tampa practices, when it went indoors he walked by me on his way to the only seats left in the back rows... he made a big deal about having to sit behind the general public...very loudly.

The Tampa fans had no idea who he was... but I lost even more respect.....

I'd rather watch Adam Gase go Dangerfield at a presser after being asked why he passed on 3rd and inches, then 4th & inches, than watch one second of Omar Kelly "creating" an opinion based on his feelings...

Like any human being Omar can make valid points from time to time. My issue with him is he is never wrong, and IMO he takes far too much pleasure laughing at the Phins. Even when they were a contending play-off team. Unless the Tuna is running things in Miami he rarely has anything positive to say.

I only watch the show because of Dave Hyde. Personally I still respect his POV.

Well said!

I do not consume Miami media too much. Nor have I ever gotten a emotional response from anything written. Its opinion.

So while I watched it all. I agree with quite abit of what was said. This team is auditioning around 50 or so players, this year.

I will note I was not a big fan of Baker, but that dude looks set in this new scheme, to breakout. I love me some Minkah and think in this particular scheme and help building a foundation, should take the most logical step.

This season is about progression and growth. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Oh and I have never been high on Rosen. And was happy the Cards jumped up to get him, even though I had zero faith in Tannehill. But he has shown some things in the preseason to warrant more of a look. But I have nothing invested in him. I just don't think he has the ....... mental moxy to win in the NFL.

Hyde was very annoying to listen to here and I cannot imagine how anyone can take this guy serious. I believe Omar will eat crow about Rosen and unfortunately spot on with Wilkins... :/

This season to me has always been about observing both Flores and Grier.
Its been plain this season was about loosing games.
While thats fine today tomorrow is about player development and taking those picks to aquire superior talent.
Omar and Hyde underline important considerations. Are we developimg talent, are Flores and Grier capable.

Take for example the oline situation regarding starting Davis on the left and Davenport on the right. From reading many of the posts and observations on just this site that appears to plan destined for failure and those fellas should be playing where they have been playing in the preseason.

The argument of course here is as fans what do we know compared to our coaching staff. While there is logic to that line of thinking today the rubber meets the road and if these dudes struggle and are later moved back to their repective positions then that speaks volumes.

I will say these last couple of weeks of attempting to aquire Clowney, cutting Denny and Taylor after cutdowns to 53 smells of a lack of direction or a change of direction by Flores and his staff which is unsettling.

As for loosing the locker room that shipped sailed with the cutting of practically every veteran on the team outside of Jones who incidently missed most of preseason practice and games.

Its also a laugh to hear all the speculation and crying regarding the players revolting over running to a wall in training camp with. The training camps have been wittled down to a shadow by the players Union of what they were and barely offer the ability for the coaches to get players ready for the season currently in terms of tackling.

Its also a laugh to listen to the talking heads buying into the players agents that we do not need so many preseason games because of injury risks to NFL veterans. Its gotta be just about the money because who in their right mind believe a guy who might get hurt playng a very limited amount of snaps in the the preseason wouldn't still get hurt while playing the entire game during the season.

Notice the Pats signed Brown what hogwash. Another signal from Bellicheat and company its never about doing the right thing morally its about the winning baby. I hope Brown spouts off again in one of his tirades on public television berating both Bellicheat and Brady. They certainly all deserve each other. What a poor message the NFL is sending with this dude.

Mods please check the IP addresses. I think Digital has been hacked by omar. He's talking like a podcaster would about their podcast thread. Give me clicks!

Mods please check the IP addresses. I think Digital has been hacked by omar. He's talking like a podcaster would about their podcast thread. Give me clicks!
LOL, I wish I could plead temporary insanity! Of maybe there's the other remote possibility. Maybe Omar is starting to give a more honest analysis, and then clicking on it wouldn't be so bad. Either way, I'm thankful you've maintained an open mind when evaluating it. After all, my Dolphins Fan Card is on the line here!

Back
Top Bottom